Options

Forbes Names Beyoncé Top Earning Artist Of 2010

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting Beyonce to sell more Britney.

but everything Beyonce will do will be compared to her Sasha Fierce album i think and Single Ladies success etc. plus if it's more of the R&B sounds it may get repetetive for audiences. Also i have heard it's going to be like MJ's Off The Wall....IMO DONT TOUCH IT!!! lol. But we'll see.

Britney is always trying something new in direction with her music. And i really am hoping she goes all out In The Zone era with her next album too. Sounds like she is going Dark Electro, Grime and Dub Step which i cannot wait for!!! Also she already has her core fanbase that will buy her album, and this one should get her back into the mainstream.

but either way what each artist will sell will be strong considering today's climate too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzBrown wrote: »
    IASF had 4 huge worldwide hits and countless promotion, yet it still only sold 2 million more than Circus. If Britney steps up her game and releases something edgy/different, she will definately sell more than Beyonce

a shorter version of what i posted after you hehe!

and yeah i was reading that just now. Bey released half of the album globally (9 singles was it???) and she went everywhere to promote as well.

Britney only had WOmanizer to lead single the album and her world tour (which broke records too!) as the sales for the album. Also critically if you look Circus got a more positive overlook on Metacritic and on magazines/sites etc.

Really looking forward to how everything is going to be stepped up! there's been acclaim by who she has recorded in the studio/written/produced and worked with so here's to it! :)
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I think Bey will sell more than Britney. If you compare recent sales Britney's have slightly got lower with each album, whereas Bey's has risen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I think Bey will sell more than Britney. If you compare recent sales Britney's have slightly got lower with each album, whereas Bey's has risen.

Yes but you can't compare the promotional campaigns. If Britney promoted to the same extent as Bey, her sales would be the same/maybe even slightly more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »

not necessarily, in comparison Britney did fall to a low of 3.5 million with Blackout(basically name alone! as well as Gimme More and Piece Of Me), but rose to over 4 million sold with Circus (with Womanizer and The Circus Tour as main promo)

Beyonce's sales at the start of her solo career was 10 million, she then (three years later) with B'Day sold 7 million copies of that album, and I Am Sashe Fierce has sold around the 6 million mark with high profile, singles promotion and world tour. So in reality Beyonces (only slightly) have fallen with each album.

Britney sold more in comparison to her previous album.

And again, it remains to be seen how the artists will sell their material and what their albums will contain etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but you can't compare the promotional campaigns. If Britney promoted to the same extent as Bey, her sales would be the same/maybe even slightly more

and damn i wish Britney did release Unusual You, Kill The Lights, Shattered Glass and Mannequin! she would have certainly sold more! but the level of promotion needed to be tamer in comparison to Beyonce's because Britney was of course more fragile then than she is now!
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I'm not comparing promo campaigns. Tbh I don't think things will change in that area for Britney.
    not necessarily, in comparison Britney did fall to a low of 3.5 million with Blackout(basically name alone! as well as Gimme More and Piece Of Me), but rose to over 4 million sold with Circus (with Womanizer and The Circus Tour as main promo)

Beyonce's sales at the start of her solo career was 10 million, she then (three years later) with B'Day sold 7 million copies of that album, and I Am Sashe Fierce has sold around the 6 million mark with high profile, singles promotion and world tour. So in reality Beyonces (only slightly) have fallen with each album.

Britney sold more in comparison to her previous album.

And again, it remains to be seen how the artists will sell their material and what their albums will contain etc.

Where are you guys getting you sales from? Just curious?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can anyone confirm this is not 2009-2010
    AND NOT
    just 2010