The Rihanna Appreciation Thread

Comments

• MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    lost-boy wrote: »
    She does additional vocals on super bass by the minaj and she is so like justin bieber
    I Love that song.
    mimicole wrote: »
    Any demo for man down?

seriously, it's one of those songs I could listen to all day. :)
    It's not leaked so far. I'd love to hear that. It's HAS to have the accent included lol.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    As much as I ADORE Man Down..I don't see it being released. Although the video would be amazing!

Preferably shot in her native Barbados. Oh, and it would have to be a long video (about 10 minutes) with a story fitting the lyrics.

:cool:
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    As much as I ADORE Man Down..I don't see it being released. Although the video would be amazing!

Preferably shot in her native Barbados. Oh, and it would have to be a long video (about 10 minutes) with a story fitting the lyrics.

:cool:

That would be epic. I doubt it will happen too. I could imagine her on the run and there being dream sequences or flashback looking type scenes of her in court/in prison, with grainy visuals or something. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it lol :p. But I'd like the video to be really colourful too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also can't see man down being released but if it did it would be next. Its a fantastic song but i still can't imagine it being played on the radio.

In her album don't you think that yeaa yeaa on the start of cheers drink to that is from one of avril lavigne's songs and that wupapumum thing she does on man down is from iyaz's album about track 6, can't remember the name.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also can't see man down being released but if it did it would be next. Its a fantastic song but i still can't imagine it being played on the radio.

In her album don't you think that yeaa yeaa on the start of cheers drink to that is from one of avril lavigne's songs and that wupapumum thing she does on man down is from iyaz's album about track 6, can't remember the name.

The "yeahh yeahhs" on Cheers is confirmed as a sample from Avril Lavigne's "I'm With You":

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/avril-lavigne-approves-rihanna-sample_1191700
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in LOVE with Loud. Literally been the only album I've been listening to recently.. love her. :D
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    LOL!

Some person on her twitter wrote to her "mery christsmas tampon head" and she replied "same to u cun!t"

:D:D:D
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love the "Loud" album. fav track is skin. sounds really good on my ipod.

really enjoy all the tracks really, but skin is my fav.
    Forum Member
    LOL!

Some person on her twitter wrote to her "mery christsmas tampon head" and she replied "same to u cun!t"

:D:D:D
    Lol I'm confused because i se on her page she says "same to u c*nt", but can't find on her page where he actually calls her a tampon head. Twitter is kinda confusing lol.

Haven't heard many say that's their fav. It is a great song :).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ester dean actually writes good catchy songs but it's weird i don't like her versions of the songs..even tho it's hers LOL. I also love the song she did with Xtina - Vanity!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyKay18 wrote: »
    Ester dean actually writes good catchy songs but it's weird i don't like her versions of the songs..even tho it's hers LOL. I also love the song she did with Xtina - Vanity!

V is for Vanity, everytime i look at me....i turn my self owwwwwn!!! :)

if the shoe fits....wear it bitch! Bionic is underrated!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Skin too... I love the opening.. :)

If you had to rank all the tracks what would you order them in? Hard, as I like all the songs which is unusual for me :D

For me, I'd put it as (from fave to least fave)

California King Bed
    Cheers (Drink To That)
    What's My Name
    Fading
    Skin
    S&M
    Only Girl (In The World)
    Love The Way You Lie (Part II)
    Complicated
    Raining Men
    Man Down

I really wanted to get tickets for the LOUD tour next year, but the dates for London are in the first week of October, and that's when I start my first year at uni, so wouldn't be able to go. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just say..Rihanna has confirmed her amazingness tonight, I cannot DEAL with how flawless she is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »
    Can I just say..Rihanna has confirmed her amazingness tonight, I cannot DEAL with how flawless she is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    What happened?

Omg, it was on twitter, it was such a mess. Basically, Raz B was tweeting Rihanna again and again pretty much all day yesterday saying how he wanted to hook up with her etc. This went on for a while but then he brought Chris Brown into it, saying that he couldn't believe Chris could be so disrespectful as to..you know. Anyway so Chris then gets on twitter, sees this comment and starts going crazy, they get into a massive twitter fight which lasts at least 3 hours, Omarion gets involved..God it was just a mess. And some of the stuff said was pretty bad tbh, if you go on the blogs now I bet it's all up there.

BUT, after all this had died down a bit and Chris said he was done, literally 3 minutes later Rihanna tweets:

SO....guess who has a #1 album in Canada this week???? Thank you all my Canadian Massive!!! #whosloud

It was literally just amazing, because she totally knew what had been going on...the shade in those dots, just lmao.

Apparently, she also Dmed someone saying that she didn't want to get involved and she has already forgiven Chris for everything.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOUD didn't sell 306,108 copies last week, the Official Chart Compnay made an error. The actual sales were 246,934 taking its total to 763,367 not 820,000.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Lily_2008 wrote: »

Last night was epic. CB was going in LMAO!

I really hope Rihanna is number 1 with Loud this week, someone needs to knock Take That off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I've never bought a Rihanna album before, but decided to buy Loud after seeing its sales, and reading some of the reviews online.
    I love it. My favourites are probably - Love the way you lie part 2, Raining Men, S&M and Man Down. Although, every song is great, and the sales for the album are fantastic.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I can't get enough of Man Down. It's an absolute tune!
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    LOUD didn't sell 306,108 copies last week, the Official Chart Compnay made an error. The actual sales were 246,934 taking its total to 763,367 not 820,000.

Where did you read that? That's annoying if true. Still it's great numbers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna has overtaken Take That to get the #1 album this week!! :D Yesssss she deserves it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOOO!!! yeah LOUD finally #1!!! Progress had a great run but so chuffed!!!!

LOUD is epic and glad it's had such strong sales! gotta be nearing to a million copies by now i would say!

great way to start the year for Riri!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    omg on twitter someone said Rihanna has sold over a million in the UK! I hope it's true EEK!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    omg on twitter someone said Rihanna has sold over a million in the UK! I hope it's true EEK!

Omg praying it's true!!!!
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOUD is on less than 900,000 so not over a million yet.
This discussion has been closed.