Why Cheryl Cole is my idol

Comments

• user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah.OX wrote: »
    ♥♥♥The reason why I love Cheryl to bits and why she is my idol and inspiration♥♥♥
    OP it's great that you admire Cheryl, people see different things all the time but you did yourself no favours by trying to defend Cheryl by putting down people who dislike her. Calling people haters, attackers, bashers and saying they are just jealous is not going to change people's minds and is more likely to antagonise than anything else.

You could've given your reasons for liking Cheryl without all the digs. I dislike Cheryl but I'm not going to start a thread saying why I dislike her and slagging off her fans. You can't make sweeping negative generalisations about people and not expect a reaction. That's just asking for trouble.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP it's great that you admire Cheryl, people see different things all the time but you did yourself no favours by trying to defend Cheryl by putting down people who dislike her. Calling people haters, attackers, bashers and saying they are just jealous is not going to change people's minds and is more likely to antagonise than anything else.

You could've given your reasons for liking Cheryl without all the digs. I dislike Cheryl but I'm not going to start a thread saying why I dislike her and slagging off her fans. You can't make sweeping negative generalisations about people and not expect a reaction. That's just asking for trouble.

100% agree i more or less said this last night but some post's have been removed yet the OP still stays there for some reason:confused:, and yes calling people haters etc does look like it is to try and get the "dislikers" of Cheryl Cole to reply back, hence to say we are "jealous" and a hater:rolleyes:.it is a free country we can like and dislike who we want to. glad the OP has found an idol to worship but Cheryl Cole is not my idea of a role model at all., there are far more important-talented people who would make good role models.(jmo)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl has now been confirmed as a judge on the US X Factor in an interview with Simon Cowell conducted by Nikki Finke. It's going to be interesting to see her and Paula play good cop/bad cop with him!

And maybe all these obsessed individuals on DS will find someone else to attack....;)

Really thats excellent news im thrilled for Cheryl:D
    And yes it would be nice if people would back off! And leave her alone. They always single her out and it makes me so mad:mad:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    Anyone can refuse to give up their seat on a bus, happens every day.:o:( Did Rosa ever get an hour long interview on ITV with Piers Morgan though?:confused::rolleyes:;)

:D:D I wouldn't normally comment on CC threads but that made me laugh quite a bit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post, and I agree that Cheryl has the "X Factor."

She's hardly the first pop star who's not the world's greatest singer. Madonna, Britney, Lady Gaga are all much bigger than Cheryl obviously but as vocalists are adequate at best. They all mime live and rely on studio enhancements for their recordings.

I think that many if not most of the vituperative posts about Cheryl on DS are founded upon class snobbery on the one hand and jealousy on the other. I'm not a huge fan of her recordings but I admire her for working hard to overcome the obstacles she has faced due to her background.

Madonna and Lady Gaga are creative artists. Cheryl and Britney are talented puppets.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    I can see why some very young girls might like her, she's pretty and she's everywhere but to have that amount of for want of a better word ''feeling'' is to be honest well OTT. I find it quite sickening that she is considered ''brave'' I would consider that for people who have life threatening illnesses or risk their lives for others.

Exactly. Firemen are brave. Soldiers are brave. Cancer patients are brave. Cheryl gets divorced and malaria and all of a sudden she's the bravest little trooper that ever lived - didn't hear anyone make a fuss when it was announced that Didier Drogba had malaria, for example.

Some women lose their partners to terminal illnesses. Some battle them themselves and look after their children at the same time! These people are brave. Cheryl is just a chav that got lucky. Wanting a life in the public eye is NOT ambition. After all that's what Cheryl has always wanted, isn't it? To be famous. Not to be a singer. Or a dancer. Or a pop star. Just to be famous. That's not ambition.

Truth is, if she didn't have a beautiful face, the OP and most other people wouldn't give two ****s about Cheryl Cole/Tweedy. She'd still be that aggressive thug that couldn't sing for toffee. But now she's got her teeth fixed and her fake hair and her permatan... she's the most wonderful, beautiful, angel that dropped down from Heaven (read: Byker/Heaton/Walker) to enrich our lives and make them better.

It's equally unhealthy to be so in love with someone you've never met as it is to dislike someone you've never met.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As most of you on DS know by now that I love Cheryl

Ehh?? :confused:

What?
  • seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Exactly. Firemen are brave. Soldiers are brave. Cancer patients are brave. Cheryl gets divorced and malaria and all of a sudden she's the bravest little trooper that ever lived - didn't hear anyone make a fuss when it was announced that Didier Drogba had malaria, for example.

Some women lose their partners to terminal illnesses. Some battle them themselves and look after their children at the same time! These people are brave. Cheryl is just a chav that got lucky. Wanting a life in the public eye is NOT ambition. After all that's what Cheryl has always wanted, isn't it? To be famous. Not to be a singer. Or a dancer. Or a pop star. Just to be famous. That's not ambition.

Truth is, if she didn't have a beautiful face, the OP and most other people wouldn't give two ****s about Cheryl Cole/Tweedy. She'd still be that aggressive thug that couldn't sing for toffee. But now she's got her teeth fixed and her fake hair and her permatan... she's the most wonderful, beautiful, angel that dropped down from Heaven (read: Byker/Heaton/Walker) to enrich our lives and make them better.

It's equally unhealthy to be so in love with someone you've never met as it is to dislike someone you've never met.

Excellent post, absolutely spot on.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The op is the sort of person injunctions were made for.

It's actually quite worrying that there are people out there like the op walking the streets.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ♥♥♥The reason why I love Cheryl to bits and why she is my idol and inspiration♥♥♥

Hi everyone :)

A strange title for a thread but go with me,yeah? As most of you on DS know by now that I love Cheryl and she is my absolute idol. On every thread I always get asked the same question,which always seems to be:

"Why do you love such a talentless smug bint like Cheryl Cole?"

Why do I love Cheryl and why do I admire her so much? Well,I'm going to tell all you haters why because I don't think it's fair the amount of stick Cheryl gets and I want to tell you why I and millions of other fans admire the amazing Miss Cole :)

Cheryl is my idol for many reasons,countless even,the first being how I admire her ambtiion and determination for success. She came from nothing,from a council estate in Newcastle with drugs. Cheryl could have,like many teens,gone down the route of dappling with drugs but she DIDN'T. She wanted to make something of her life,Cheryl said herself drugs were there for the taking but she didn't take them. Cheryl wanted to make something of herself,make her life worth while and boy,did she! She should be admired for this!

The second reason I admire Cheryl so much is her wit and humour. If you bother to watch Girls Aloud documentaries(OTR for example) Cheryl is the funnist. She's absolutely hilarious and so witty in the GA documentaries. Even in interviews today I watch she's hilarious. She's the most sough after woman in the UK,but she's still so relatable and down to earth,people can connect with her. In every interview I watch Cheryl makes me laugh because of her wit and humour

I love Chery also becuase of her pure courage and bravery. When her and Ashley split,Cheryl could have gone into hiding,but she was so extraordinarily brave throughout the whole thing. She must have been feeling humiliated but she showd the GBP,along with the press,what a strong woman she is by not letting the whole thing affect her. She was so brave through the whole thing,smiling even though she must have crying on the inside,but she smiled for her fans for the press and I don't know who you can't NOT admire someone for that!

And also,I would be annoyed at myself if I did not bring up the whole toilet attendent incident. It's absolutely ridiculous how haters still bring this up in every Cheryl thread there is on this forum,calling her a chav and the likes. I will always defend Cheryl and I'm going tbh,I would have reacted the same way as Cheryl had.

Now,before you attack me for this,please read on. It was reported in Cheryl biographies that Cheryl was CLEARED of racism. Yes,CLEARED which meant she wasn't racist! It emerged that the woman only brought forward the allegations when she had a chat with a journo,doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?! :rolleyes: Every Cheryl basher conveniently seems to forget this though.

The girls in toilets at the time aswell as Nicola also backed up Cheryl's story so it was evident from the start that Sophie was lying through her teeth about Cheryl calling her racist names It was also revealed that Cheryl was hit TWICE by Sophie Amogbokpa before she retiliated! If you are hit,are you saying that you would not defend yourself and curse at the person? Cheryl had every right to hit that woman and I totally stand by her on that case. If you're hit,you're going to defend yourself. If I was hit like that,I would react the EXACT same way Cheryl did. You're not gonna stand there like a wimp and take that abuse. Cheryl didn't and neither should anyone else!

While I'm talking about Cheryl,I've notcied a lot of people saying that she's all fake and does not have natural beauty. Well,take a look at these photos before Cheryl was famous.

http://bit.ly/hrxbYC (when Cheryl was 18. Gorgeous olive skin,big brown eyes and PERFECT skin. Hardly,fake. Just proves she was naturally beautiful. Nothing fake about that photograph)

http://bit.ly/gcJbZt (Fakery can't buy you those amazing eyes,I'm afraid!)

http://bit.ly/hCK7lV (very pretty little girl. This was when she was into ballet)

http://bit.ly/hgCRfX (In the early days of Girls Aloud. Cheryl was extremely pretty back then aswell)

Oh and also,Cheryl won Bonny Baby when she was a baby so she was always naturally beautiful. People can say she's fake all they want,but at the end of they day,she's stunning with and without make-up. You can say she isn't,but she IS. Try and change my mind,ya won't. Although I strongly expect those who say say she's fake,are jealous. People will inevitably attack me for saying this,but attacking the world's most beautiful woman over her looks is gonna look suspicous!

And so,that pretty much sums up my reasons for loving Cheryl. I felt compelled to say why I admired her so much cos so many people have asked me and I always give the same reasons! How can you not admire such a brave,courageous,strong and independent woman who is very grouned down to earth. As Cheryl says herself she is just 'a normal girl living an extraordinary dream' She came from nothing and made a huge success of herself. She has every right to be smug,but she's not. She's proud of where's she come from and that's why so many people love her! She should be very proud of herself. Cheryl is my idol and always will be my idol. I hope I meet her one day so I can tell her all this myself,but instead I am telling you. I would tell you to stop the Cheryl bashing,but Cheryl's got enough of fans to outweigh the haters,so I won't.

Cheryl Ann Cole is my inspiration,role-model and idol and that is NEVER going to change :D xx

*Cheryl Salute*

You have a fantastic future as a satirist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    The op is the sort of person injunctions were made for.

It's actually quite worrying that there are people out there like the op walking the streets.

:o:D and they say the "haters" are the problem to the "celebrity" something tells me it is not always the case;)
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bandita wrote: »
    I can see why some very young girls might like her, she's pretty and she's everywhere but to have that amount of for want of a better word ''feeling'' is to be honest well OTT. I find it quite sickening that she is considered ''brave'' I would consider that for people who have life threatening illnesses or risk their lives for others.

^This!:)
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

Real talk. 100% agree with you.
  • lcbagwashlcbagwash Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Bit scary, if I were Cheryl I would be terriied, you have a talent for dropping her name into lots of your posts..:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lcbagwash wrote: »
    Bit scary, if I were Cheryl I would be terriied, you have a talent for dropping her name into lots of your posts..:eek:

I thought so too. It comes to something when you're looking through the Soaps forum and you come to an Eastenders thread that has suggested storylines from the OP - one of them has introducing a Cheryl Cole lookalike to the square :eek:

But back OT, I'm sure Cheryl would feel lucky to have a fan like you OP. But to use your post that's a homage to Cheryl to slag off the people who don't like her... well until you understand that Cheryl is not entitled to have the whole world adore her and fall at her feet like you do, you probably won't be taken seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a big Cheryl fan too, have been since Popstars: The Rivals, but I don't think it's really necessary to put that across by calling people who don't like her names, it doesn't really help anyone.

As for her music, I'm aware she doesn't have much direct involvement in it, so I don't view her as a hugely talented artist, but I do think she makes a great popstar, solo or as part of Girls Aloud, and I think that's still a good thing to be. She's a good dancer, I like her voice and for me she has a lot of great pop songs. There are many other artists I can listen to when I want something more meaningful.

I do think she's beautiful, but I can't see her face when I listen to her music so I don't think it's fair to say all of her fans only like her for her looks. How pretty she is makes no difference to whether I like her music or not, only to whether I like looking at her L'Oreal adverts or not. :p

I wouldn't call her "brave" as such because a lot of people out there have had to deal with far worse things, but I do respect her for having to go through the whole Ashley thing in public and just getting on with things anyway. I know a lot of people have gone through horrible break-ups and divorces so I'm not saying she's any better than anyone else who's been through it, just that it can't have been pleasant knowing every detail of how crap your husband is was being splashed across the papers every day and I think she coped with it well.

Just my thoughts, please don't kill me. :D
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, I don't like Cheryl Cole at all. In fact I look up to Oprah Winfrey who is educated, hard working and a billionairess all on her own and not with the help of a famous spouse or fairy godfather (or mother, however you choose to look at Simon. lol). BUT I won't diminsh the fact you love Cheryl and I can respect it your reasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big Cheryl fan too, have been since Popstars: The Rivals, but I don't think it's really necessary to put that across by calling people who don't like her names, it doesn't really help anyone.

As for her music, I'm aware she doesn't have much direct involvement in it, so I don't view her as a hugely talented artist, but I do think she makes a great popstar, solo or as part of Girls Aloud, and I think that's still a good thing to be. She's a good dancer, I like her voice and for me she has a lot of great pop songs. There are many other artists I can listen to when I want something more meaningful.

I do think she's beautiful, but I can't see her face when I listen to her music so I don't think it's fair to say all of her fans only like her for her looks. How pretty she is makes no difference to whether I like her music or not, only to whether I like looking at her L'Oreal adverts or not. :p

I wouldn't call her "brave" as such because a lot of people out there have had to deal with far worse things, but I do respect her for having to go through the whole Ashley thing in public and just getting on with things anyway. I know a lot of people have gone through horrible break-ups and divorces so I'm not saying she's any better than anyone else who's been through it, just that it can't have been pleasant knowing every detail of how crap your husband is was being splashed across the papers every day and I think she coped with it well.

Not at all:) you are a fan which you have every right to choose to be, you do sound like "just a fan" not a stalker!!:D: also you are not going on about the "haters" so it is good we can all agree/disagree as it should be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A balanced post, HALLELUJAH! And a good read :) When people explain themselves like that and aren't "F*** all the haters, I don't care, I love so-and-so anyway!" nobody can argue with you :)
  • seal bseal b Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good post :)
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dislike Cheryl but I do think she makes a great popstar/celebrity and I like some of her singles, especially Parachute, 3 Words and to a lesser extent The Flood. It is possible to like someone but not blindly adore them, just like it's possible to dislike someone but like aspects of them. It's not as simple as fans/haters and it's perfectly possible for people who both like/dislike Cheryl to get along.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike Cheryl but I do think she makes a great popstar/celebrity and I like some of her singles, especially Parachute, 3 Words and to a lesser extent The Flood. It is possible to like someone but not blindly adore them, just like it's possible to dislike someone but like aspects of them. It's not as simple as fans/haters and it's perfectly possible for people who both like/dislike Cheryl to get along.

^^ This :)

Aww I like it when people get along :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We need more posts like this on DS:)
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lcbagwash wrote: »

Go and talk to any Cheryl fan and they'll do the same. Well,the teenage ones will anyway :) And for someone that called me a stalker,I'm not a stalker. I haven't even met Cheryl! God,I should've known starting this thread was a bad idea... all I wanted to do was defend Cheryl,I didn't mean to offend anyone! :(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has my post been deleted as the first reply for? Unless two of these threads got made by the first poster perhaps.