Most disgusting and shocking films.

Comments

• Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once had the misfortune to catch some of a film on the Horror Channel called The Sinful Dwarf, an apparently Swedish effort from the 70s. It didn't seem to have an identifiably linear 'film structure', just instead appearing to be a series of random sex scenes with tits wobbling all over the shop whilst the most ugly, baleful looking vertically challenged man lurked and leered around these proceedings, presumably with some kind of sadistic and/or murderous intent to qualify the film's somewhat bemusing genre status as 'horror'. The whole seediness of the milieu, amateurish and artlessness shooting style replete with ugly, overly-proportioned people and lurid displaying of frightful growlers, and general feeling of both thematic and technical sleaziness really repulsed me, even though I couldn't stop watching for a while.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a horror film, but I found Harry Brown (the Michael Caine film) to be very disturbing, and also very sad, because some people really do have to live in the same situation as Harry Brown.

It is a brilliant film to watch, although not an easy one. The scenes in the warehouse with the drug dealers etc was very graphic; although I must admit I cheered when Harry Brown shot the druggie scumbags.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Had a look on Netflix at Human Centipede 2 and frankly cannot see what the fuss is about. If this is a film which was at one time deemed too horrific for grown adults to watch then quite honestly those people have problems.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    It is a brilliant film to watch, although not an easy one. The scenes in the warehouse with the drug dealers etc was very graphic; although I must admit I cheered when Harry Brown shot the druggie scumbags.

So did I ! :D
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    +1 for Wolf Creek. strangely disturbing IMHO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I don't know if this is the most shocking ever, but Funny Games (the original German version) contains a lot of sadistic violence. More disturbing in many ways than the average gory horror film.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Human Centipede 3 for a spring release sorry if it's old i just came across it and smiled :)

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-03-06/human-centipede-3-to-begin-production-this-spring
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found Human Centipede on Syfy channel, 45 mins in.

May watch a little bit to see what all the fuss is about. Probably wont watch it all as so far it doesnt look great. Kind of B movie-ish.
  • The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said i should watch Inbreds. Has it's moments but it's a bit mehh really. I told my daughter if she went to Yorkshire, that's exactly what it's like. More of a fly-on-the wall docu-soap than a film :D
  • soransoran Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a notorious underground film on VHS in the early 80's called "Animal Farm"(we are not talking George Orwell here) that I think has pretty much become known as the most shocking and disgusting film ever made!
  • MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schindlers list not because it was necessarily gory but just thinking what happened to those people in the war.....sometimes things are stronger if they arent shown.....

Recently i watched parts of the Kill List which they have been showing recently on Film 4....i couldnt watch it...very over the top violence and very weird......

also when i was younger cant even remember the name of it but a well know film.....which maybe was possiblytaxi driver with the chainsaw in the shower .....just turned off couldnt watch it......

also when i was really young ...The Theatre of Blood with Vincent Price......have never looked a Poodle in the same way again since (it was a sorta weird comedy/horror)
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Mariesam wrote: »
    which maybe was possiblytaxi driver with the chainsaw in the shower .....just turned off couldnt watch it......
    That would be Scarface I imagine. The sequence in question is interesting as the then censor demanded a cut. Didn't remove any of the action or subsequent gore, just removed the baddie saying, "and now the leg". Censors can be odd at times.

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    That would be Scarface I imagine. The sequence in question is interesting as the then censor demanded a cut. Didn't remove any of the action or subsequent gore, just removed the baddie saying, "and now the leg". Censors can be odd at times.

Regards

Mark

thanks was wondering taxi driver nearly said scarface :) ....well i wont be watching it anyway ;) but thanks!!!! and censors are weird! :)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member

May watch a little bit to see what all the fuss is about. Probably wont watch it all as so far it doesnt look great. Kind of B movie-ish.

When I saw it on Syfy I immediately thought of this thread. :D

I gave it a try but wasn't too impressed. A fairly standard story but based on a gross idea that just feels wrong to have a film about it.
    It wasn't too visually gratuitous like I thought it might be, I was instead rather indifferent to it all. It was just my imagination that left a bad taste in my mouth, but after about half an hour I was happily eating again.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member

also when i was really young ...The Theatre of Blood with Vincent Price......have never looked a Poodle in the same way again since (it was a sorta weird comedy/horror)

The best scene in what was a very enjoyable film.:D

'My babies! My babies!'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best scene in what was a very enjoyable film.:D

'My babies! My babies!'

memories :)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    memories :)

Just for you Mariesam!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFd2DOtSPxo
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    There's a recent Australian film with a similar serial-killer-on-road premise, which makes me wonder if there's a real life Australian serial killer. Does anyone know?

I'd imagine most countries have or have had serial killers. Here's what wiki lists for Aus:

David and Catherine Birnie: also known as "Moorhouse murders"; couple from the suburban Perth area responsible for the murders of four women
    Gregory Brazel: shot dead a woman in 1982 armed robbery and murdered two prostitutes in 1990
    John Bunting, Robert Wagner and James Vlassakis: also known as "Bodies in the Barrels Murders"; convicted of the Snowtown murders of 11 people between 1992 and 1999
    Eric Edgar Cooke: also known as "The Night Caller"; killed at least 8 people; last person to be hanged in Western Australia
    Paul Denyer: also known as "Frankston Killer"; murdered three women in 1993 in the Melbourne suburb of Frankston
    Peter Dupas: serving three life sentences for multiple murders and rape charges
    Kathleen Folbigg: murdered four of her infants
    Leonard Fraser: also known as "The Rockhampton Rapist"; convicted of killing four women in Rockhampton, Queensland
    John Wayne Glover: also known as "The Granny Killer"; British immigrant who killed six elderly women on Sydney's North Shore; committed suicide in 2005
    Caroline Grills: also known as "Auntie Thally"; serial poisoner of five family members
    Matthew James Harris: strangled a friend's brother, a female friend and a male neighbour to death over five weeks in 1998 in Wagga Wagga
    Thomas Jeffries: Tasmanian penal colony escapee responsible for the murders of four people; executed in 1826
    William MacDonald: also known as "the Mutilator"; killed at least five men between June 1961 and April 1963
    John and Sarah Makin: late 19th century baby farmers who killed and buried 12 children at a succession of their homes
    Ivan Milat: killed at least seven tourists in Belanglo State Forest, New South Wales; suspected in similar disappearances in Newcastle
    Martha Rendell: killed three stepchildren with hydrochloric acid in the 20th century; last woman to be hanged in Western Australia
    Arnold Sodeman: also known as the "School-girl Strangler"; killed four children in Melbourne in the 1930s
    Christopher Worrell and James Miller: also known as the "Truro Murderers"; convicted of killing six victims
  • scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soran wrote: »
    There was a notorious underground film on VHS in the early 80's called "Animal Farm"(we are not talking George Orwell here) that I think has pretty much become known as the most shocking and disgusting film ever made!
    I think there were many versions of that edited together from various footage. There's a wiki page on Bodil Joensen and no shortage of that sort of material if people want it. I'm quite glad that I've never watched any.
  • shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first time I watched The Wicker Man (not the remake) I found it very disturbing.......Love it now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    My friend's mum watched The Human Centipede the other day. She's 73. :o
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My friend's mum watched The Human Centipede the other day. She's 73. :o

:D

I'd love to know what her opinion was? Possibly "Oh I hope there's a sequel" :p
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

This and its sequel really does suffer from over hyping on a scale not seen since the video nastie outrage bandwagon in the 1980s.

Yes, the concept is disturbing if one dwells upon it for a length of time, but none of it is real, it is done by actors in a set using low budget effects and well, both just left me faintly amused. Salo on the other hand by Pasolini. Makes me retch just thinking of it.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on what you define as disgusting and shocking.

For disgusting it's any of the Hostel films (slash horror doesn't do it for me at all). Also Centipede 2, only seen clips and not my cup of tea (have seen the 1st film and that was ok.. was a very dark humour horror, reminded me a bit of an updated hammor horror movie).

For shocking then a film called The Strangers. I have managed to watch maybe 15mins then I get so freaked out I can't watch anymore ...

Also shocking (but one of my ALL time fav films) the Poughkeepsie tapes.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I've been looking up a few of the films mentioned in this thread, typed Salo into youtube, hoping for some sort of trailer or brief clip to get the general gist of it so I didn't have to ever see it. Then I notice the video I've clicked on goes on for almost 2 hours and is the complete film. I was like 'Hey wait a minute!' :eek: I ended up watching it though.

It seemed to have a plot initially but then just became about the warped minds of the men in-charge.

After the bleak ending, in my head I came up with a more satisfying conclusion where one of the young people, or even one of the soldiers, finally lose it after all they've experienced and get revenge on the four men in power. It could have been a good message if the corruption of power was to the detriment of everyone, including the perpetrators, rather than just the victims.
    But I guess that twist would take away from the artsy style of the film and make it more like a Hollywood remake or something. Oh well, it was an amusing thought to distract myself with.