✭✭
    Double A-Side single...

'Sexxx Dreams' and 'Gypsy'

(do a Beyoncé)
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    A more simple album next time, no freaky clothing or pretentious pronouncements.

I never thought the ARTPOP concept would work. You have to be very skilled to pull a concept like that off. Either you have to be a Bowie with the strong, quirky music to back it up, or be like Madonna & have an arty image that isnt too alienating to the general public. Its not as simple as it looks & Gaga simply couldnt achieve it.

When those art vids of her were released last year they simply looked STUPID to most, the response ranged from derision to "???"

Stronger SIMPLER songs & a pared back image will help her next time.

But my bet is that she has peaked now.Too many people have tired of her I think.

To me, as a pop star she is a "Prince" like figure- kinda arty & weird, with a distinct pop era lasting a few years, but not a big hitter long term. She will be respected in future but not have a massively high profile.

Kinda unfair to Prince tbh. Unlike Gaga, Prince was very consistent for at least 10 years and he knew how to pull off artistic ideas naturally and without much effort. In fact I think his profile and career is very similar to Bowie's. The only reason why he is not as talked about is his own internet phobia.

Gaga's art schtick is based only on her looks and the whole idea is incredibly pretentious and basic. She doesn't know how to naturally blend art and music yet. Instead of incorporating some artistic elements into her work and turning it into something unique and her own, she basically turned herself into a walking tasteless ad for some world's most famous artists and paintings (as if they needed it) accompanied by an awfully generic background music. There was no subtlety, creativity or cleverness behind it.
  • ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    Sexxx Dreams would do well because it's about sex. Sex sells, anything to do with it does nothing less than moderately lets be honest.

That's broad.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say go back, lose all the bollocks that come with you and just make an album of decent songs
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    Go on a tour with Elton John. Just them and 2 pianos.
    I'd pay good money to see that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ali1234 wrote: »
    but she's not in your face all the time tho. and that's the point.
    where is she right now?
    where was she at the grammys?
    where has she been since her album was released
    in fact where has she been since 2011?

she's pretty much been in blackout mode for years.

LOL what? Art pop & Applause had pretty big promotional campaigns and that was just last year, not to mention vma & x factor slots. Breakfast shows, Chatshows etc.

Given she has been quiet this year.... so far
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Spend her millions.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    I would say go back, lose all the bollocks that come with you and just make an album of decent songs

Agreed.
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Just stop trying so hard. Gaga was much better when she showed her intelligence through her unique lyrics and performances than just sitting there prattling on about art and getting naked in a forest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I like this topic credit to Zee for creating it!.

This album for me is a massive let down. I slowly warmed to her sound when she first burst into our lives. The 2nd album was great, I like a lot of what was and what wasn't released. I still to this day will happily listen to the unreleased stuff just as much if not more so than the released tracks.

The only song that I will listen to is obviously "Do What You Want" and i'm sure many of us here will agree. Im not sure what has gone wrong here, on paper the producers on this album are very talented, ZEDD being one of them, recently winning a Grammy. He is an exquisite talent!

Lets look at her album launch at iTunes Festival last year. That without doubt was the worst live performance I have ever witnessed, Vocally it was no where near as good as her past live shows, Visually...nothing worth noting, the whole thing was just crap. For me that instantly put me off the whole record.

What we have is someone who has had a fantastic run in the past and given a lot of freedom in her ventures of sound, image and brand, that freedom has continued and has backfired.
    She obviously wanted to have a more artistic approach to her new music to demonstrate what she is capable of doing.
    Making a record that showcases talent, diversity, vocal and lyrical skills, over making a record that will spawn many number ones.
    Fair play, but all the above were executed badly. A combination of the two is needed. Its great that she can switch it up and be different (to a degree) but having a great voice doesn't make bad music good.

Im sorry to say it but i think she needs to fade away for a bit. Then come back with a complete powerhouse of an album. The next one i think she will be back on track. Artpop for me is the weakest album of the last few years. From an artist as big as her with the ability to command whoever she wants its a total let down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    IMO just carry on as she is.

Artpop took a little getting used to but I now adore it. I admit after one listen I dismissed it but not now.

But each to their own opinion - I can't wait for the Artpop tour in October! £400 well spent today.
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she could start her own girl group? :cool:
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she could start her own girl group? :cool:

A group? The closet thing she would do to that is gwen stefani and the harojuko girls aka love angel music baby (hurry up and come and save me:D). Ahh good times.

She needs to move on from artpop after maybe 1 or 2 more singles. Come back with a stripped back pop album not about art or things that dont make sense. If only fame had an IV baby could i bare?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    There's rumours that she's gonna be collaborating with Britney Spears on a new song. I was reading about it over on Exhale. That would be cool as long as the song is more in Britney's style than Gaga's style.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charge £10.00 for her concert.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Charge £10.00 for her concert.
    Nah, I'd say £50 at the very least! ;)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team up with Katy Perry, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj for a "Lady Marmalade" 2014 version:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Team up with Katy Perry, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj for a "Lady Marmalade" 2014 version:)
    :eek::D:cool: What an outrageously awesome idea! :D
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she is duetting with Britney!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    rebellion wrote: »

Looks like she is im hoping its more britneys sound instead of her own or artpops sound
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebellion wrote: »

That spells disaster in more ways than one! :eek:
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    3 further single releases strategy

familiar ground - gypsy or mary j holland

mainstream appeal - sexx dreams or fashion! with additional guest vocals??

classic gaga - aura or g.u.y or swine
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 further single releases strategy

familiar ground - gypsy or mary j holland

mainstream appeal - sexx dreams or fashion! with additional guest vocals??

classic gaga - aura or g.u.y or swine

IMO Aura & Swine are a bit too "noisy" for singles.

I think Gypsy as a then Sexx Dreams would be the best bet.

It is always possible that she will only release one more single from this album as it clearly hasnt been a big success & is unlikely to surge in sales again, no matter whats released.

I like Manicure & Donatella too
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She should release Gypsy with a video that's a lot more fun and 'innocent' as opposed to just shoving her flesh in our faces at every opportunity. A good video idea would be for her to be on the run from her old life, with a little girl, who's meant to be her daughter, in tow, and she's basically singing the song to her daughter.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine Gypsy video being anything else other than a tour/behind the scenes montage.