She has been hit and miss for sometime now
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With legs and a bum like that i am never a flop
  • x+yx+y Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the new album just misses out on a Top 40 position....entering at Number 41 in the album chart this evening.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    If she releases Booty she'll be good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    She's never had a truly consistent "fanbase", she's just happened to get lucky with the occasional hit single.

She's not a good singer but is a fantastic performer, probably the best dancer in the mainstream pop game. She's also a really underrated actress too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she should stick to releasing singles rather than albums. She has had some good catchy songs but I wouldn't call her a great singer. Also a lot of people are put off by her anticts and believe she's too old be dancing around in hot pants.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JLo has always been more of a brand than anything. She's moderately talented in most areas but marketed as if she's a superstar - and for a while it worked.
    Once the hype subsided it became clear that there was very little substance and as her career has gone on, she's put very little effort into it.

Musically, her recent output is terrible and teaming up with Pitbull may have been lucrative but it's killed what little credibility she had.

Film wise, I don't think she's ever going to have another Out Of Sight and she's no longer viable as a rom-com lead.