Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Comments

• tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    too right @ Lotty.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I don't like Faye because she is clearly a self-absorbed little brat.

That being said, I suspect most kids her age are just the same, so the actress is probably very good at acting.

All I would suggest to the writers is that in order for us to believe Anna's consistent love for Faye, we need to see at least glimpses of the wonderful, kind-hearted, vulnerable and damaged child that Faye obviously is.

The way it's being written at the moment, we see only the brat, so it's hard to feel for her.:(

That's a very good point. The adoption always seemed more about about Anna wanting to be a mum than finding an actual suitable child and then as soon as Faye was adopted it's all been about the drama rather than them properly getting to know each other but I suppose that's the nature of soaps nowadays. There's never any time for characters to find their way it's always about the next dramatic story line.

However within the confines of the soap format I think Faye's a reasonable character and acted perfectly fine.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    It depends on your point of view, I suppose. You would say at this stage that Vanessa Redgrave just shades it ahead of Faye but Faye is learning and working alongside actresses of the calibre of Julie and Fiz can only help her.

PMSL! :D:D:D:D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike the character because I am sure she has put back fostering by years;. who would want to have their family disrupted by such an ungrateful brat? It is such an implausable story that Anna chose Faye her over husband, who was a likeable character.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's badly acted but she's a mardy little cow and corrie has enough of those at the moment.
    Forum Member
    I dislike the character because I am sure she has put back fostering by years;. who would want to have their family disrupted by such an ungrateful brat? It is such an implausable story that Anna chose Faye her over husband, who was a likeable character.

Faye has been adopted not fostered but anyway if it's so implausible it won't have damaged adopting. To be honest though I'd be very worried if people made real life decisions based on a soap.

I still maintain Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I still maintain Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that.

Hahaha

All the hate as you put it is there because she can't act, another little girl would have made this character a lot more likeable and believable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    who is/ was her real mum ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    who is/ was her real mum ?

A druggie I believe
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    Hahaha

All the hate as you put it is there because she can't act, another little girl would have made this character a lot more likeable and believable.

If she can't act why is everyone calling her an ungrateful brat, a horrible manipulative spoilt little brat, an annoying brat, a brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1 and even a smug little bitch :eek:

Unless people are calling the actress this :confused:

Like I say Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that :cool:
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she can't act why is everyone calling her an ungrateful brat, a horrible manipulative spoilt little brat, an annoying brat, a brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1 and even a smug little bitch :eek:

Unless people are calling the actress this :confused:

Like I say Faye is doing a sterling job and all the hate thrown her way on here keeps on proving that :cool:

She gets way more hate than someone who just polarizes opinion.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faye's a great character! I always imagine the Omen music playing everytime she's on screen, and look forward to the day Owen shaves her hair off, finds the birthmark and heads off to Weatherfield Cathedral to sacrifice her for the future of mankind...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a hunch that her dad will die of something hereditary which will no doubt affect Faye healthwise
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    I have a hunch that her dad will die of something hereditary which will no doubt affect Faye healthwise

maybe he chokes on his scone :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen annoys me far more then Faye. He is an evil bully who is always getting angry at nothing.
    He must just play the same angry little man in any show he is in. I remember him in the second series of Alan Partridge were he played a teacher again playing a horrible angry little git.

I hope Anna dumps him for good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »
    Faye's a great character! I always imagine the Omen music playing everytime she's on screen, and look forward to the day Owen shaves her hair off, finds the birthmark and heads off to Weatherfield Cathedral to sacrifice her for the future of mankind...

Oooh yes, any chance it could happen next week? Now you've spoiled it for us, no reason to hang about. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revolver44 wrote: »

He'll need to do that before he finds himself inside a giant Wicker Man courtesy of Faye! :cool:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Because she killed the fish.

This^ I'm afraid since that little outburst I find it hard to forgive the character, especially how she's behaving now, little madam
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I find it implausible that she is 10, the actress is 13 in reality and looks at least that. It makes watching her pretend to be 10 very difficult. I have a ten year old girl and Faye could make two of her. If the actress was playing a more age appropriate character and we had a proper backstory to explain her behavior other than 'she's been in care' I think the actress would be okay. How many care homes has she been in? How many sets of Foster parents? Etc. Corrie has some damaged characters in the past who were written much better, Zoe Tattersall (think that's the right name) Becky (pre Steve) and many more, I know Fayes only a child but she needs a proper backstory and scenes bonding with Anna/Owen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amb5rs17 wrote: »
    I find it implausible that she is 10, the actress is 13 in reality and looks at least that. It makes watching her pretend to be 10 very difficult. I have a ten year old girl and Faye could make two of her. If the actress was playing a more age appropriate character and we had a proper backstory to explain her behavior other than 'she's been in care' I think the actress would be okay. How many care homes has she been in? How many sets of Foster parents? Etc. Corrie has some damaged characters in the past who were written much better, Zoe Tattersall (think that's the right name) Becky (pre Steve) and many more, I know Fayes only a child but she needs a proper backstory and scenes bonding with Anna/Owen.

Actually, Ellie Leach (Faye) will be 12 next month, so not that much difference really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Actually, Ellie Leach (Faye) will be 12 next month, so not that much difference really.

My mistake, I read an article a while ago that referred to her as 13, I still think she looks much older than 10 though.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Because she is brilliant at portraying a disturbed messed up kid. All the resultant behaviour winds people up. Job done :)

Well said. Anna seems to have forgotten all this too.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Owen annoys me far more then Faye. He is an evil bully who is always getting angry at nothing.
    He must just play the same angry little man in any show he is in. I remember him in the second series of Alan Partridge were he played a teacher again playing a horrible angry little git.

I hope Anna dumps him for good.

He's less angry as King Thistle, which I think is his best work. :D
    Forum Member
    my ears are still ringing from Owen. Anna screeching and faye...:( god it was loud, had to turn the volume down lol
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amb5rs17 wrote: »
    My mistake, I read an article a while ago that referred to her as 13, I still think she looks much older than 10 though.

I agree, my son is year 5 and she looks and acts much older than the girls in his year. I loved your comment that 'Faye could make two' of your daughter :D

I don't like the gobbiness of the character, she's also very disrespectful and manipulative. Even Simon Barlow has had more excuse than her to be lippy but she seems to be that way all the time.