Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand people not liking Faye but I don't understand people saying she's such a bad actor and them using that to explain their dislike. Very basically not liking her means she's doing her acting job as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding Gabby I'm a viewer but fail to see this fragility you say viewers can take to. In fact I hate Gabby so she too is doing her acting job but I personally can't warm to her.

She doesn't suit the role. She looks older than her age and is one dimensional. What else can I say to you to make you understand me??? She is not my cup of tea and that's all there is to it. Gabby has more to her than a scowling face and that's all I am saying now as its getting ridiculous if you don't understand me you never will ;)
  • KuririnKuririn Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    she was the reason steady eddy left! :mad:
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kuririn wrote: »

For that, I'll forgive Faye anything. Eddie was a repellent character. I felt soiled just watching him and never found it credible that Anna went to bed every night with THAT...

All Faye is lacking is a good slap, like most rude, gobby kids her age. Not that we're allowed to, these days. More's the pity.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    scone wrote: »
    She doesn't suit the role. She looks older than her age and is one dimensional. What else can I say to you to make you understand me??? She is not my cup of tea and that's all there is to it. Gabby has more to her than a scowling face and that's all I am saying now as its getting ridiculous if you don't understand me you never will ;)

:confused: From my post that you quoted 'I understand people not liking Faye' and I've said it before. I've made my point and said my piece and am as bored as you repeating myself ;)
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a nasty, detestable little brat, who would be a walking advertisement for shoving them back in chimneys and mines. Her and Beelzebub Barlow ought to be sold to Arab slaves.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Love Faye.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Love Faye.

She's not a "two bit brass" then...?
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we're supposed to feel sorry for Faye, but there's just too little there to empathise with.

She's spoilt, selfish, unpleasant and obnoxious. Whereas Simon is also a brat, at least we can have a bit of sympathy for him: mother's dead; father's a waste of skin, etc, etc.

But with the character of Faye, there's nothing for the viewer to connect with - she's just too unlikeable.
    Forum Member
    gboy wrote: »
    I think we're supposed to feel sorry for Faye, but there's just too little there to empathise with.

She's spoilt, selfish, unpleasant and obnoxious. Whereas Simon is also a brat, at least we can have a bit of sympathy for him: mother's dead; father's a waste of skin, etc, etc.

But with the character of Faye, there's nothing for the viewer to connect with - she's just too unlikeable.

I seem to be a lone voice in my liking of her. A good egg in my opinion. It is Simon who is an unlikeable vicious brat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seem to be a lone voice in my liking of her. A good egg in my opinion. It is Simon who is an unlikeable vicious brat.

Not quite a lone voice mo, Faye's a thoroughly decent girl who delights in constantly handing Owen his arse on a plate - which in turn delights me.

Simon on the other hand, bringing back the birch is too good for that little rotter.
    Forum Member
    Not quite a lone voice mo, Faye's a thoroughly decent girl who delights in constantly handing Owen his arse on a plate - which in turn delights me.

Simon on the other hand, bringing back the birch is too good for that little rotter.

Ah, some sense at last.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. She's far to unsympathetic. Unfortunately the actress plays the ungrateful, spiteful, quite vicious at times, unfeeling (unless it's for herself) brat rather too well! Even when she's smiling (usually reserved for her 'dad' nowadays :rolleyes:) it always puts me in mind of - "beware the smile of the crocodile" *shivers*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, some sense at last.

Your good self & I can always be counted upon to bring some much-needed common sense into a thread mo.

Faye's a smashing little girl - I hope her, Anna & Tim go on to live a very happy life together.

Owen meanwhile can carry on smashing things up whenever he fails to get his own way, after all, that seems to be working out nicely for the horrible little bully thus far.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rock on Izzy last night, the sooner Tim Abducts the vicious nasty vile little cow & does a runner, the better. Anna is as thick as plank, Damien Faye has already seen off one partner of long standing because she is a total nause, Gary seems to forget this fact too.

Owen might be many things but Anna is happy to take his money & his roof over her head. And no man I know would put up with a ferral brat mouthing off at him under his own roof for long whatever its sob story is.
    Forum Member
    She's growing into a fine, young lady. Jealousy of her on here is to be expected.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kuririn wrote: »

Yes, the Windasses have gone downhill since his departure. He was a great character, can't stand nagging whiny simpering Anne, bitchy hard faced Faye. Gary and Izzy I can somewhat accept, they don't bug me that much.
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Rock on Izzy last night, the sooner Tim Abducts the vicious nasty vile little cow & does a runner, the better. Anna is as thick as plank, Damien Faye has already seen off one partner of long standing because she is a total nause, Gary seems to forget this fact too.

Owen might be many things but Anna is happy to take his money & his roof over her head. And no man I know would put up with a ferral brat mouthing off at him under his own roof for long whatever its sob story is.

Yeah exactly. Owen tried to give Faye a chance, but she keeps whining on about her dad. If her dad did have her full time, and couldn't keep up with buying her presents all the time, it won't be long before she is nasty and hostile towards him. Tim needs to run for the hills before its too late as she will just make his life unbearable.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's growing into a fine, young lady. Jealousy of her on here is to be expected.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed, it's a pleasure to see at least one of the kids from that cobbled street growing up into such a fine future citizen.

I share Anna & Tim's pride of her.
    Forum Member

:confused: Her mum is dead too and she ended up in care because of her mum's drug addiction. Isn't this enough to sympathise with?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Izzy was spot on last night. Sooner or later some home truths need to be dished out.
    Forum Member
    :confused: Her mum is dead too and she ended up in care because of her mum's drug addiction. Isn't this enough for sympathy?

Apparently not. Whereas Simon The Brat sneezes and the whole forum comes out in sympathy of the vicious thug.
    Forum Member
    Izzy was spot on last night. Sooner or later some home truths need to be dished out.

Maybe some home truths can be dished out to the rest of them at the same time :mad: People in glass houses . . Owen a nasty violent bully, Gary not long a thug and sex pest, Anna the crapest mum in history and Izzy full of self importance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible obnoxious nasty little b!tch she is. She's Corrie's Debbie. Imagine being stuck in a room with those two!:eek: You'd either a) commit murder or b) shoot yourself:mad::p
    Forum Member
    Horrible obnoxious nasty little b!tch she is. She's Corrie's Debbie. Imagine being stuck in a room with those two!:eek: You'd either a) commit murder or b) shoot yourself:mad::p

Interesting. They do have similar beginnings IE put into care because their mothers were too selfish and their fathers didn't have a clue.

Makes me feel a bit sorry for them actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. They do have similar beginnings IE put into care because their mothers were too selfish and their fathers didn't have a clue.

Makes me feel a bit sorry for them actually.

You can only feel sorry for someone with an inkling of niceness about them. These two are despicable, they offer nothing at all. Even the murderers in soaps usually have something redeeming about them, but these are more dislikable than the bubonic plague. Their like cybermen, not an ounce of humanity in them.