Options

Supernatural season 5 - CW pace - Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Great to see y'all enjoyed Fallen Idols - but I thought it was utter tripe. :eek:

It's a truly sad statement when the best part of an ep was Paris Hilton. It was very badly written. Wasn't funny. Wasn't scarey. The first brotherly convo in the car gave me hope, but it was all downhill from there. These poor boys had to struggle with some pretty tough dialogue.

Still, the bro's are back together, and they appear to be puting effort into staying together, so that's a bonus.

There WILL be a break after 5.06 of one week, guys. Then we get 4 new eps until Nov 19th and then nothing till mid January.

It sucks, but it happens. At least we might have some news by then on when Living will be showing the S5 premiere. :D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i found it to be very funny at times
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The last episode ruled. It was a nice return to the occasional episodes of the past where it'd be the boys undertaking a mildly amusing supernatural occurance, like the one where the Trickster kept causing Dean to die on an endless loop. I didn't even think Paris Hilton was that bad. Her delivery was fine (by Paris Hilton standards) and her entire act seemed to be self-depreciating so that was cool.

Also, the best line of the episode was easily Dean's "I haven't even seen House of Wax" before cutting to Jared Padalecki making a face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh my fav moment too
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    KILTIEBUM wrote: »
    Great to see y'all enjoyed Fallen Idols - but I thought it was utter tripe. :eek:

It's a truly sad statement when the best part of an ep was Paris Hilton. It was very badly written. Wasn't funny. Wasn't scarey. The first brotherly convo in the car gave me hope, but it was all downhill from there. These poor boys had to struggle with some pretty tough dialogue.

Still, the bro's are back together, and they appear to be puting effort into staying together, so that's a bonus.

Was starting to think I was the only one who noticed how bad it was. The Sam/Dean scene at the end of the previous episode was perfectly fine, but in this ep they had to undo it with Dean's phone call to Bobby so that they could throw in a few more "dude, your my Brother/ I know I let you down etc..." exchanges :rolleyes: I know their relationship is strained but at this point they are going round in circles just for the sake of it.....time to move on :sleep:
  • Options
    AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Dean's reaction to Sam declaring that Ghandi was a "Fruitarian" was priceless :D

Also, when Sam was almost eyeball to eyball with Abe Lincoln I was waiting for the wax dummy to move or attack Sam :eek:

The hiatus will be brutal but it's to be expected when a show is still filming.We are fortunate that most US TV shows have 22 or 24 episodes per season so we have a lot more of Sam & Dean to look forward to after Christmas :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great analysis of the confrontation Sam had with Dean about their relationship.It's long but well worth the read.

http://www.supernatural.tv/reviews/s5reviews/fallenidols_bardic.htm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was an ok episode,hilton wasnt as bad as i thought she would be.Lets face it,this was a filler episode and an obvious nod to house of wax.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think filler episodes are when theres not much going on and they just wanted to fill 1 of their episode slots, being a standalone episode does not make an episode automatically filler.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i think filler episodes are when theres not much going on and they just wanted to fill 1 of their episode slots, being a standalone episode does not make an episode automatically filler.

A filler episode is generally an episode in which there is no plot development. Good filler episodes generally keep with the tone of the overall series while developing the original cast.Hence my post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filler seems to be more of a negative term though

supernatural has had "filler" episodes in the past that have been better than arc centric ones

if you wernt refering to filler as negative then i guess it dont really matter i guess, i just prefer arc/standalone terms,and usually use filler for episodes that go nowehre at all, maybe its just me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    filler seems to be more of a negative term though

supernatural has had "filler" episodes in the past that have been better than arc centric ones

if you wernt refering to filler as negative then i guess it dont really matter i guess, i just prefer arc/standalone terms,and usually use filler for episodes that go nowehre at all, maybe its just me.

No,i wasnt being negative,how can u be negative about supernatural.I was more referring to the fact that it was away from the main story arc,as that has been quite prevalent this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh i agree,its just i personally call thsoe typed standalone and tend to use filler as term for a dud episode that seemed to just be thrown into make up the numbers, a good standalone can be a thing of bueaty

also some shows rely on standalones, you couldnt say csi or knightrider have filler episodes every other week

i understand what ur saying though, were just using different terms
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    all i'm going to say on this episode, is that it stunk quite badly.
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all i'm going to say on this episode, is that it stunk quite badly.

The first half was very season 1 but once Cas appeared it kicked into gear and was imo very enjoyable,lmao at Deans hairy palms.:D
  • Options
    ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    leithlad wrote: »
    The first half was very season 1 but once Cas appeared it kicked into gear and was imo very enjoyable,lmao at Deans hairy palms.:D

i was waiting for a rapid ear bashing from the peeps on here;)

now how did that get there?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lmao

Sam : "And dont use my razor!!" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this episode.I wonder if we'll be seeing Jesse later in the season? He would've been a very potent weapon against Lucifer if he'd decided to stick around.

The fart cushion was hilarious! The fact that Castiel was the victim of Dean's prank made the joke even funnier and his "That wasn't me" was delivered perfectly :D

Next week's episode looks really, really good.I'm loving this season so far :D
  • Options
    NoraBattieNoraBattie Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loved this episode so much! so many funny parts to it..especially Dean with ''that'll do pig, that'll do''...hilarious

although i boo'd Castiel when he was being so mean to Sam :(

The Jesse character was so cool! I hope we see more of him in the future..

all in all a major improvement from the last 2 episodes...
  • Options
    cat80cat80 Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the latest episode, Dean's hairy hand had me laughing. Also him eating the ham after cooking it with the electric shock buzzer, so Dean :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds very interesting :eek:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/10/supernatural-episode-511-sam.html

The title alone has me very excited about the episode.
    Remember the Angelina Jolie/Winona Ryder film, 'Girl Interrupted'? Sam's going to be sanctioned? Wow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent episode :D Is there anyone out there who isn't a Castiel fan?

No episode next week :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good mix of standalone and arc!

kids too young to know bout hairy palms though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From his parents.....maybe he heard it somewhere else?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh i just mean 11 year olds shouldnt know that! lol