Gordon Ramsay Boiling Point

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
Forum Member
Hi,

I have been watching Boiling Point and am on episode 4,

I have noticed a lot that when the food prepared goes to the pass, the chefs often lick either their fingers or their cloths to wipe the plates with!!!

Was this acceptable then? I am not sure what year it originally went out but was pretty stunned to see it on film.

Did this pass everyone by?!!!

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it happens all the time. These are the chefs who are constantly handling your food and sometimes stooping over it and sweating into it :eek:

I think all the controversy these days is stupid health and safety on TV programs where they say stupid things which the chefs must get very annoyed with.

The most annoying one i've noticed is when a stew or something similar is being prepared. The meat is cut on a board and then the chef goes to cut the veg - which is going to be cooked in the same pan as the meat - on the same board. The presenter tells them to change the board and wash their hands before touching the veg. WHY! :mad:
  • flower faerieflower faerie Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The most annoying one i've noticed is when a stew or something similar is being prepared. The meat is cut on a board and then the chef goes to cut the veg - which is going to be cooked in the same pan as the meat - on the same board. The presenter tells them to change the board and wash their hands before touching the veg. WHY! :mad:

You're talking about James Martin on Saturday Kitchen aren't you? :D He's so annoying when it comes to that and he always starts going on about his mum watching and how she'll call him up to gripe at him if he doesn't say anything. :p
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Was my rant that obvious :D

To be fair other similar types of cooking shows also do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    I also agree that it is Health and Safety gone mad these days but was just a little shocked to see them so frequesntly and openly doing it when being filmed! :eek:xxx