Options

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat next to Guy Garvey, lead singer of Elbow, in the Cornerhouse bar in Manchester. I didn't say hello, as I didn't want to bother him. An absolutely charming man, as you'd expect- goes out of his way to help fans who want an autograph or a photo, even if it interrupts a conversation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    sharren wrote: »
    I met jim davison (got booted off hells kitchen for being rude to brian dowling) and steve wright Dj they were both the most arrogant stuck up morons I have ever met ozzy osborne was a real gent one of the nicest people ever

Steve Wright came to our local nightclub with his 'Arnie & The Terminators' act in the early nineties. They were performing on a stage that was only knee high and the crowd surged forward and as I was at the front I got pushed onto Steve Wright who pushed me back and said get off or something to that effect. He was a right stroppy git and seemed to think I was throwing myself at him! Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, I think his 'Wrighty' persona on the radio is just an act.

I met Deep Purple in a hotel in Cyprus and they were all really normal friendly blokes, bit like James May types.

I bumped into Noel Gallagher and Meg whatsername in Camden in the late nineties. She was wearing a massive cowboy hat, they were really friendly too.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've met Russell Grant twice.

Once we went to lunch together and the second time I attended a football dinner thingy with him.

He is a charming man and very down to earth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Ray Meacher (alf from home and away) was totally lovely and friendly, made sure everyone who wanted a picture had one before he left the theatre.
    :)
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rutakateki wrote: »
    Sat next to Guy Garvey, lead singer of Elbow, in the Cornerhouse bar in Manchester. I didn't say hello, as I didn't want to bother him. An absolutely charming man, as you'd expect- goes out of his way to help fans who want an autograph or a photo, even if it interrupts a conversation.

wow, i'm so jealous, he's lovely
  • Options
    themealgangthemealgang Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    I have met Jackie Wilson (kids author) at a book signing once. She was absolutely lovely to everyone and made time for each and every child. At the time, I was only 10 anyway! I have also met Jon Bentley at gadget show live. He was great and made time for photos and autographs... and he was leaving work at the time!

I have never met them in person, but the MCR boys seem very nice to their fans- always shaking their hands ect from what I have seen on YouTube. Gethin Jones is another that seems to always make time for his fans.
  • Options
    pink15pink15 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    my husband did some work on one of will young's dvd's and got a handwritten thank you card from him - only artist ever to do that!
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pink15 wrote: »
    my husband did some work on one of will young's dvd's and got a handwritten thank you card from him - only artist ever to do that!

I LOVE Will Young....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What about Steve Jones- anyone met him? I heard that he was completely different off camera...
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Steve Jones- anyone met him? I heard that he was completely different off camera...

I've never personally met him, but a friend of mine met him in a club a few years ago and said he wasn't interested in talking to anyone unless they were A) Pretty and B) had massive tits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ThaGazBoi wrote: »
    I've never personally met him, but a friend of mine met him in a club a few years ago and said he wasn't interested in talking to anyone unless they were A) Pretty and B) had massive tits.

I thought he was a bit better than that to be honest. The only reason I say that is because he always seems to respond generously and quickly to fan mail, and appears to make time for that type of thing ( eg signing autogrpahs) when he appears at red carpet events. I take what the media says with a little bit of a pinch of salt as I have always thought he was a top bloke and very good at what he does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark Strong is possibly the nicest famous person ever! If I wasn't a big fan of him, I wouldn't have known he was famous, no airs and graces whatsoever!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read through quite a few of these entries, but at 51 pages, it's a bit much! However, figured I'd add my two cents . . .

I would never approach or even acknowledge a celebrity who is eating / shopping, etc. I just think it's rude and tacky, and autograph seeking I find rather odd as well, but I know many people like to get them.

Cindy Crawford - was at a bar with her in her hometown in Illinois, we did shots and chatted, she was fun (this was in her Richard Gere days)

Billy Corgan (lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins) - I ran into him by chance when they only had one album, they were opening for Red Hot Chili Peppers in their heyday. Billy and chatted for a very long time and he gave me a backstage pass on the spot, asked me to hang out later in the evening

Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam) - Also met by chance when I made them laugh and they called me over. Lovely men. They were about to release the album Ten and I still remember telling them I had never heard of their band - was shocked to see them on MTV a few months later!

Black Crowes - I am not shy, but suddenly became shy backstage at an Aerosmith concert as my friends passes were not located so I was alone. They came over and sat down with me saying I looked frightened. I was so glad they did that!

Noel Gallagher - I ran into him at a members club a few years ago, didn't recognize him straight away and he was friendly to me as we chatted a few minutes - I turned to leave and saw my friends just standing there with their mouths agape, then I realized who it was!

Bob Costas - major sports presenter in America, we shared seats on a long haul flight (the only time I've sat in first class!). Really nice man, talked just the right amount for a flight.

A good friend who shoots music videos says the two most difficult stars she's worked with have been Mariah Carey and J-Lo. She says Mariah is demanding and just weird (no surprises there) and J-Lo has a no eye contact rule from crew. She said the eye contact thing is impossible as she is doing the filming so she needs to be able to look straight at J-Lo, but this apparently infuriates her.

I've got more but this post is getting way too long! :-)
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Handers wrote: »
    I've read through quite a few of these entries, but at 51 pages, it's a bit much! However, figured I'd add my two cents . . .

I would never approach or even acknowledge a celebrity who is eating / shopping, etc. I just think it's rude and tacky, and autograph seeking I find rather odd as well, but I know many people like to get them.

Cindy Crawford - was at a bar with her in her hometown in Illinois, we did shots and chatted, she was fun (this was in her Richard Gere days)

Billy Corgan (lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins) - I ran into him by chance when they only had one album, they were opening for Red Hot Chili Peppers in their heyday. Billy and chatted for a very long time and he gave me a backstage pass on the spot, asked me to hang out later in the evening

Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam) - Also met by chance when I made them laugh and they called me over. Lovely men. They were about to release the album Ten and I still remember telling them I had never heard of their band - was shocked to see them on MTV a few months later!

Black Crowes - I am not shy, but suddenly became shy backstage at an Aerosmith concert as my friends passes were not located so I was alone. They came over and sat down with me saying I looked frightened. I was so glad they did that!

Noel Gallagher - I ran into him at a members club a few years ago, didn't recognize him straight away and he was friendly to me as we chatted a few minutes - I turned to leave and saw my friends just standing there with their mouths agape, then I realized who it was!

Bob Costas - major sports presenter in America, we shared seats on a long haul flight (the only time I've sat in first class!). Really nice man, talked just the right amount for a flight.

A good friend who shoots music videos says the two most difficult stars she's worked with have been Mariah Carey and J-Lo. She says Mariah is demanding and just weird (no surprises there) and J-Lo has a no eye contact rule from crew. She said the eye contact thing is impossible as she is doing the filming so she needs to be able to look straight at J-Lo, but this apparently infuriates her.

I've got more but this post is getting way too long! :-)

It's not, please share more!!

And what is it with this 'no eye contact' rule? Talk about looking down on the minions. Do they forget who bought their music and watched their films? They seem to bite the hand that feeds them, so much for gratitiude.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Not very interesting but my only celeb encounter -I held the door to the ladies loo at the theatre for Sandi Toksvig last night -she was coming in as I went out
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Handers wrote: »

IF this is true, who the bloody hell does she think she is? It's unbelievable what some of the big headed demands are from these up themselves stars. If this is right, I think Miss. Lopez needs to come back down to Earth!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I meet Robert Lindsay ( My Family) the other day while out walking my Dogs. He also had two Labradors and stopped to chat for a few minutes with me. A really nice man. My Dogs loved him too !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Declan Donelly of Ant and Dec twice now, he was over here for his uncle's funeral during summer, top bloke, very friendly.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: Anthony Cotton.

Having met him, I can confirm that all the negative comments made about him thus far are true.

Also, a business partner wanted to book him to open a new venue. Each time he spoke to Cottons' agent, he was informed that Cotton had stated he wanted more money. The booking was cancelled.
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Lisa Scott-Lee - very up herself; a real diva princess complex coupled with very little talent! Very bitter about not being allowed to be one of the two main female singers in Steps!

I've just watched the Steps Reunion programmes on Sky + and that is EXACTLY how she came across....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    A friend of mine years back worked on an Adidas commercial which had David Beckham and Steven Gerrard. He said Steven Gerrard was 'one of the biggest tossers you'd ever met.' It was an outside shoot, bit miserable outside and cold, but Gerrard never once talked to the crew. Also during the day a bunch of kids were hanging by the fence, because of course they wanted a glimpse of Beckham and Gerrard. Gerrard wouldn't even acknowledge them and straight after the shoot had finished he drove straight off.

Beckham on the other hand he said was absolutely lovely. Very down to earth and very friendly with the staff. Also the kids at the fence he talked to and stayed behind after the shoot for two hours to make sure every single one got an autograph,
  • Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I've met quite a few A list celebs but one who stands out a mile is Michael Caine an absolute gentleman, can't praise him highly enough

Posh n Becks are very nice- when Brooklyn was at school here in the UK, they would do the school run all the time- I can remember them being in Japan, they were in the papers everyday- not once was it mentioned that Victoria had flown back to Blighty, attended sports day, then flown back to Japan
  • Options
    cosmic68cosmic68 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Bumped into him at a theatre thing. Got a huge man-crush on him. Literally jumped on him to ask for a pic. He looked reluctant at 1st, than smiled gamely and posed.

Sweetheart.

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m569/cosmic68/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Lisa Scott-Lee - very up herself; a real diva princess complex coupled with very little talent! Very bitter about not being allowed to be one of the two main female singers in Steps!

I used to serve Lisa quite frequently in a previous, customer facing, job and she was always lovely, polite and very down to earth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Kaiser Chiefs- esp Whitey who even let me have guest list spots for free at some shows, always had time for a chat, also Simon and Nick- true gents :-), Ricky friendly but in love with himself in a charming way, Peanut- just disn't click with him...

Junior Senior, Really Lovely guys. Senior is so funny and Junior was cute, even stole a snog lol cool guys.

Jeremy Beadle at a pantomime when i was little, friendly, signed auographs for kids, nice guy.

Claudia shiffer (can't spell her name sorry) opened a door for me! FOR ME! she was entering Butler & Wilson South Molton Street as i was leaving, smiled and held the door open, didn't recognise her at first as she was bare faced and looked plain jane but i thought she was polite to open the door- so top marks for a celeb.

I remember seeing Bradley from sclub as a young teen and squeeling his name out loud and he ran off down an alley

Kevin Horan from The Thrills, had a chat and cigarette many years ago- lovely guy- didn't talk much to others.

Fratellis- drummer kept offering me vodka others bit miserable

Walked past Noel Gallagher in Denmark St London and he smiles at me.. thats about it

Saw Alex Zane in Selfridges didn't talk to him though

Jeremy from monkey world- Lovely Guy!

they are mainly only likes but i haven't met any horrible ones yet lol
    Now all i want is to meet Gerrard Butler! hehe