Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That bloody postcode lottery advert.

Just stop bloody shouting you silly man. You are standing right in front of the camera. AARRGGGHHHH!
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate the postcode lottery adverts especially as they advertise nationally but the majority of winners seem to be in Scotland
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    new one:

The new (I hope I am right) is the budweiser ad - its a US ad but they dubbed one american with an "english" accent :rolleyes:
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Cause if this is the life,
    This is the life,
    This is the life,
    This is the life,
    This is the life,
    Then who'd argue?

:mad::mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Severian wrote: »
    The Money Shop ad, wrong in so many ways, quite apart from the product on offer:

Are we are meant to feel empathy or sympathy for this woman because she ticks certain boxes ? Nurse (hard working ?) single mum (say aahhh!) and of course, irresponsible cretin ?

"My car fails its MOT every year." So it's not a surprise when it fails again is it ? Yes it is, to her anyway.

"It failed on the tyres, brakes and lights." Tyres and lights can be checked in 2 minutes flat, sorry, minimum.

More importantly, she's got kids and she's driving round in a death trap of an old banger ?

Would you want this woman to nurse you ? Or even be on the same stretch of road as you ?

Well thought out and true too:)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to bet let loose on set with a couple of Uzis the next time Vernon Kay and his mum are filming an advert.

Annoying bastards.

Oh God yes, the Flora adverts are unbelievably annoying. Not so much because of Vernon Kay, more his mum. She's annoying.

It just feels like she's trying to geg in on his fame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Oh God yes, the Flora adverts are unbelievably annoying. Not so much because of Vernon Kay, more his mum. She's annoying.

It just feels like she's trying to geg in on his fame.
    Very annoying actually, I wouldn't have a clue who she was if it weren't for Vernon.
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    B&Q with their nauseating version of Our House.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yop Milkshake
  • Danno2020Danno2020 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Watching Big Brother on Five has made me sick to death of the National Health Lottery advert. I don't know what it is, I think it's the way the voiceover woman speaks. The advert starts very suddenly when she's yakking "NOW there are TWO chances to win..." I think the way she says 'now' does my head in. Every time this advert comes on, my blood boils. If she tells me about this bonus draw one more time, I'm gunna buy a ticket, win, and spend the winnings on hunting her down!
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my post earlier was an error I just found out its "morgan spice" ... its a US ad I believe the men are all AMERICAN but they get dubbed with UK voices .... now I have seen it all - can the UK just leave the ads alone (the ones that DON'T NEED IT!!:mad: )
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Oh God yes, the Flora adverts are unbelievably annoying. Not so much because of Vernon Kay, more his mum.

I didn't know before that she was his real mum. I'd assumed that she was just some actress.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloody trailer for "The Last Leg" on Channel 4 makes me want to put my foot through the screen every time it comes on! It's repeated constantly and I cringe each time I hear the phrase "G'day". THIS ISN'T AUSTRALIA FFS!! :mad:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    No but the presenter, Adam Hills is Australian. Do you mean the announcer says that?
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The presenter says "G'day" at the start of the trailer.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    I dont see the problem with an Australian using Australian expressions :):p
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    The ever increasing amount of "HEY MON" Jamaican stereotypes on TV and radio
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna have to add that Virgin media ad to the list. God sake why do those silly girls have to have their gobs wide open.
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't like this new version of the thread.

Three days, and not a single mention of Go Compare! :(
  • citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mrs is inflicting Britains Top Models on me, brief respite of an ad break? Not a chance.

Ad begins "Imagine having skin you feel good living in". Err, "Imagine?!"

Something called TRIA.

Worst advert i've seen today.
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Don't like this new version of the thread.

Three days, and not a single mention of Go Compare! :(

We love those adverts now the annoying moron's getting some payback for all the times he's annoyed us!:D

The new Aviva one. "With Aviverrr, I saved on my car insurance so I could upgrade me 'eadphones!" Seems to be on way more than any other advert.:sleep:
  • StaffsyeomanStaffsyeoman Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Trainline - As if their adverts couldn't get any more retarded... :rolleyes:

Another vote... anything that resurrects Black Lace when one had hope beyond hope that they had disappeared back into their richly deserved obscurity is deserving of the highest opprobrium..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I'm getting really sick of the Sun's recent 'lets get involved' adverts - especially the way they try to amalgamate popular and trash culture along with more supposedly 'highbrow' or political 'issues'. The campaign begs to be undestood as some sort of cartoony political party rally for deep-seated change, rather than a tacky advertisement to sell newspapers. I don't want any involvement with the redundant and pedestrian opinions they peddle - I would rather disengage myself entirely from any views supported by this rag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to bet let loose on set with a couple of Uzis the next time Vernon Kay and his mum are filming an advert.

Annoying bastards.

I always thought it was supposed to be his wife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Hello!

ANY and I mean ANY toothpaste advert, whether it's Colgate with its made up "sciency" bits and the git at the shopping centre, or Sensodyne with its fake dentists and stupid girl who has an aversion to fruit juice, they have surpassed Gocompare in terms of annoyingness, and repetitiveness for that matter.*

And on that note, any advert that shows those unproven, fake diagrams of what it does, colgate and Gillette mainly, such as colgats's "pro argon" crap, or Gllette "water-activated gel". Who falls for this poop?
    But also Listerine does the same, as well as dettol and the various toilet cleaners, infact I hate them even more because they keep saying 99.9% I HATE IT!

Postcode lottery. What a scam. Who falls for that, too! Probably the people who buy Colgate toothpaste after believing the diagrams.

The music in the new fiat 500 ad is mildly annoying , too.
This discussion has been closed.