Zendaya and Val appreciation thread

Comments

• edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imho Z is the best performer that I have ever seen on dwts and thats saying a lot. Its hard to take your eyes off her when she dances . She is always so confident on that dancefloor and I love it :). Even the " greats " Mya, Nicole.... showed at times a little bit of hesitation (on their faces ) when they performed but you never see it with Z . She is always so in character and so much presence on the floor and people call her arrogant for it ? I dont understand :confused::confused::confused:.

Its nice to see a young girl like her being so confident in herself and her skin and not intimidated at all. Sure she is an actress but we had so many actresses in the past and the funny thing is that most of them actually failed to perform on the night ( too nervous ) so that claim that because she is an actress thats why she is able to perform so well isn't not true imo . The way with which Z performs, you cant teach that as Anna and many others eloquently said.
  • sweetmisssweetmiss Posts: 3,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edy you were right Aly's dress..............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweetmiss wrote: »
    Edy you were right Aly's dress..............

awful right :eek: ? . I felt embarrassed for her :o:o. The color, the shape everything was wrong about it . didn't do her any favours at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    awful right :eek: ? . I felt embarrassed for her :o:o. The color, the shape everything was wrong about it . didn't do her any favours at all.

She's short and stocky Mark should know certain dresses just dont flatter all body types.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's short and stocky Mark should know certain dresses just dont flatter all body types.

Afer all this time on the show, he still doesn't get it. The only dress of her that I liked what her contemporary dress, all the rest of her costumes were just awful. Last night was really taking the cake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afer all this time on the show, he still doesn't get it. The only dress of her that I liked what her contemporary dress, all the rest of her costumes were just awful. Last night was really taking the cake.

He didnt always make Katherine look her best either......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/zendayas-dancing-with-the-stars-blog-trying-to-reach-my-personal-best_article_78457

This is what makes Zendaya & Val so great together their honesty, respect & support for one another. I saw tweets to Val about last nights video package & was horrified at ppl reactions. Surely after all these yrs we know that these vids are cleverly edited & Zendaya is probably the safest contestant in respect of being treated too harshly as she says herself legally she has to be accompanied at all times & this is by her parents - what parent would stand by & see a dance teacher shouting at their kid if it was that bad. Rant over, feel better now. :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was like this :eek::eek::eek::o:o at that comment from Bruno.

OMG i know i'm glad Tom stepped in or dread to think what else he might have said & to think people were worried about Vals choreography going too far. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He didnt always make Katherine look her best either......

lol true
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/zendayas-dancing-with-the-stars-blog-trying-to-reach-my-personal-best_article_78457

This is what makes Zendaya & Val so great together their honesty, respect & support for one another. I saw tweets to Val about last nights video package & was horrified at ppl reactions. Surely after all these yrs we know that these vids are cleverly edited & Zendaya is probably the safest contestant in respect of being treated too harshly as she says herself legally she has to be accompanied at all times & this is by her parents - what parent would stand by & see a dance teacher shouting at their kid if it was that bad. Rant over, feel better now. :):)

I understand your rant trust me :cool:.
    I didnt even think any of the " shouting " like many people did especially when Z just sweetly laughed at him (Im telling U once again they are greatly paired; anyone would have left or throw tantums ) . I admit I was taken aback by it but I understand that this was not probably the 1st time that he scolded her harshly . The producers just chose this week to give him the bad edit ;), Im not naive . I watched this show for a long time to understand how it works. Unfortunately a lot of people fell prey to whatever TPTB were doing because I saw some people have a go at Val yesterday . Poor Val in his replies even added the fact that : " but her parents are with me at every rehearsals " (which I also interpreted at Im getting sick and tired of people breathing down my neck about my job ...do you you get what I mean ? ) It must not be easy to not only have the cameras/parents....watch every single move you do

Kudos to Z & Val to go and dance that chacha with a big smile on their faces after seeing that VT because some people get throw off by it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG i know i'm glad Tom stepped in or dread to think what else he might have said & to think people were worried about Vals choreography going too far. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

and they haven't even danced the rumba YET :eek:.
    Considering to what I saw on season 8 with shawn and Mark and to what I see at some pro-Am competitions , Z has been : 1-really chaste in her clohing 2- the choreo has been really tasteful....so i wished some people would lay the omg she is only 16 year old line especially when she performs so maturely on stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand your rant trust me :cool:.
    I didnt even think any of the " shouting " like many people did especially when Z just sweetly laughed at him (Im telling U once again they are greatly paired; anyone would have left or throw tantums ) . I admit I was taken aback by it but I understand that this was not probably the 1st time that he scolded her harshly . The producers just chose this week to give him the bad edit ;), Im not naive . I watched this show for a long time to understand how it works. Unfortunately a lot of people fell prey to whatever TPTB were doing because I saw some people have a go at Val yesterday . Poor Val in his replies even added the fact that : " but her parents are with me at every rehearsals " (which I also interpreted at Im getting sick and tired of people breathing down my neck about my job ...do you you get what I mean ? ) It must not be easy to not only have the cameras/parents....watch every single move you do

Kudos to Z & Val to go and dance that chacha with a big smile on their faces after seeing that VT because some people get throw off by it.

Thought this was best place to unleash that mini rant. :D:D
    OMG as a long time Maks fan i am so over TPTB video edits, think he must have had most of these of any pro on show, OK sometimes he didnt help himself but if he was that awful why keep on show & why are so many of his prev partners still supportive of him.

Think Val kept quiet for a bit & then rightly reponded last night & from everything i've heard/read it seems he has very good relationship with Z's parents. I guess thats because he is respectful of them & has been well brought up himself.

I expect Val being used to video edits just told Z to focus on her dancing & forget vid even shown. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and they haven't even danced the rumba YET :eek:.
    Considering to what I saw on season 8 with shawn and Mark and to what I see at some pro-Am competitions , Z has been : 1-really chaste in her clohing 2- the choreo has been really tasteful....so i wished some people would lay the omg she is only 16 year old line especially when she performs so maturely on stage.

OMG can you imagine the scrutiny over costume/choreography Val going to get for Rumba & i hope somebody gags Bruno just before it. :D:p:D

Noticed Z say in post show interviews that her & val asked wardrobe to put extra bit material in her paso outfit so not showing cleavage like rest females. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought this was best place to unleash that mini rant. :D:D
    OMG as a long time Maks fan i am so over TPTB video edits, think he must have had most of these of any pro on show, OK sometimes he didnt help himself but if he was that awful why keep on show & why are so many of his prev partners still supportive of him.

Think Val kept quiet for a bit & then rightly reponded last night & from everything i've heard/read it seems he has very good relationship with Z's parents. I guess thats because he is respectful of them & has been well brought up himself.

I expect Val being used to video edits just told Z to focus on her dancing & forget vid even shown. :D

BIB so true and I wonder which pro is going to get the bad edit next week :D ?

And on the subject of Maks, you are so right. the show used him many times and i mean many times for these bad edits and he had them than most of the pros on the show. The thing is , he is not the only one who has these frustrations problems but they always seemed to single him out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG can you imagine the scrutiny over costume/choreography Val going to get for Rumba & i hope somebody gags Bruno just before it. :D:p:D

Noticed Z say in post show interviews that her & val asked wardrobe to put extra bit material in her paso outfit so not showing cleavage like rest females. :)

No she said that its mostly Val who did it :cool:

And BIB I seriously cant wait till they get the rumba (some people are even hoping that they dont get it and I disagree ) : a lot of people are going to squirm :D:D and Im going to enjoy seeing that :p. Im being evil , arent I ?
    1st meeting that Val and Z did, Val was very pleased with her rumba walks , can you only imagine how good that dance is going to be now ? Its going to get a perfect score Im sure, eeeeeek cant wait :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Z's blog she is so eloquent :)

Funny about her saying that what she wants the most is a 10 from Val. Man he is tough, when they interviewed them last night and they asked how he felt about Carrie Ann comment that she was perfection in motion and Val retorted that he didnt even think that she was perfection on her chacha , I was like OMG Val give her break lol. But hey I like his honesty.

Poor girl what a tough schedule. And they havent even really danced 2 dances yet so..yeah its going to be tough.

Awwww I love how she comes to his defense , sweet :)
    Damm her parents are tough...wow

And the last sentence , she knows how to get them, doesnt she ;):D:D ?

" So really, NO one needs to worry about Val yelling at me or the tough stance he takes. Don’t worry, one “Disneyesque” smile and they both melt!! LOL. "

By both she is also means her dad.

Last thing interesting to heard how they were paired up so they take personalities in account. Val is the best partner for her imo. I cant even imagine her getting along this well with another pro.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB so true and I wonder which pro is going to get the bad edit next week :D ?

And on the subject of Maks, you are so right. the show used him many times and i mean many times for these bad edits and he had them than most of the pros on the show. The thing is , he is not the only one who has these frustrations problems but they always seemed to single him out.

If i was to take bet on pro for bad edit nxt week I'd say Val again as they rarely do it to female pro's & it wont be Derek/Mark as they the 'golden ones'. :p:D:D

OMG you have no idea how much i used to rant on twitter about Maks vid packages & agree i bet they all have their moments but he was named bad boy of ballroom early on so they just capitalised on that.I also reckon they are missing that this year & that is why he was only guest pro last week to be on stage when results shown & him/Anna were in confessional with Zen/Val coz they know that some of spark is missing with no Maks - they need a new bad boy. :p:p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she said that its mostly Val who did it :cool:

And BIB I seriously cant wait till they get the rumba (some people are even hoping that they dont get it and I disagree ) : a lot of people are going to squirm :D:D and Im going to enjoy seeing that :p. Im being evil , arent I ?
    1st meeting that Val and Z did, Val was very pleased with her rumba walks , can you only imagine how good that dance is going to be now ? Its going to get a perfect score Im sure, eeeeeek cant wait :D.

Oh i know i cant wait to see lots of people squirming & having to eat humble pie about things they have said about Vals sexy/risque choreography, he's already proved them wrong IMO but rumba would really rub it in faces.
    OMG i am getting soooooooo evil. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Z's blog she is so eloquent :)

Funny about her saying that what she wants the most is a 10 from Val. Man he is tough, when they interviewed them last night and they asked how he felt about Carrie Ann comment that she was perfection in motion and Val retorted that he didnt even think that she was perfection on her chacha , I was like OMG Val give her break lol. But hey I like his honesty.

Poor girl what a tough schedule. And they havent even really danced 2 dances yet so..yeah its going to be tough.

Awwww I love how she comes to his defense , sweet :)
    Damm her parents are tough...wow

And the last sentence , she knows how to get them, doesnt she ;):D:D ?

" So really, NO one needs to worry about Val yelling at me or the tough stance he takes. Don’t worry, one “Disneyesque” smile and they both melt!! LOL. "

By both she is also means her dad.

Last thing interesting to heard how they were paired up so they take personalities in account. Val is the best partner for her imo. I cant even imagine her getting along this well with another pro.

You just got to admire her for her work ethic & maturity & its so refreshing to see/hear a teen celeb be like she is & also really like that she knows how to use that cute smile to great effect. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zendaya praised/mentioned few times in these interviews by Perez Hilton, worth a look if only for Derek comment about being paired with her. ;);)
    http://perezhilton.com/2013-04-23-dancing-with-the-stars-red-carpet-exclusive-derek-hough-gleb-savchenko-sharna-burgess-watch-here#.UXcWvKKG1rN
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/dancing-with-the-stars/dancing-with-the-stars-week-6-performance-rankings-82476.aspx

Like & agree with comments & ranking on this blog especially last one about Zendaya. ;):D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/dancing-with-the-stars/dancing-with-the-stars-week-6-performance-rankings-82476.aspx

Like & agree with comments & ranking on this blog especially last one about Zendaya. ;):D:D

I love it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu8dWViDjkM&feature=youtu.be&a

Here is team paso :D:D:D encore plus footage of valdaya and sean & peta.

Interesting to see that Z improvised during their chacha, even Val was surprised . That girl is the ultimate performer :cool::).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭