Ashley Roberts a Replacement for Jessie J

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How would people feel about Ashley Roberts being a replacement for Jessie J she was in one of the most successful girl groups ever and she has bundles of Personality.

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like her as a personality, but she really was lost in the mire when with the Pussycat Dolls. They all were just in Scherzingers shadow really.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to look her up to see who she was -- looks like her claim to fame was the PD's years ago and "I'm a celebrity"

Beyond that these days, musically, she is a nobody and as such not really someone a budding artist would be hoping for.as a mentor.

She's more likely to appear as someone trying to resurrect their career.
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ashley, but I don't think her voice is actually her strong point. She's a far better dancer than she is singer.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    She is gorgeous and would be a brilliant judge but I don't think she is a big enough name musically or credible enough to be a judge. She's more famous for being a celebrity.

Having said that, she is 2000000 times more likeable than Jessie J
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musically, she lacks any credibility. I love her, personality wise she's fantastic. I just can't see her being a good coach/judge. She doesn't have the experience needed to mentor contestants. Plus, a former Pussycat Doll with no solo career behind her hardly suits the 'Superstar Coaches' The Voice claims to have.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Audrey Roberts?
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great personality and great dancer but not a great voice, loved her as a judge on DOI but don't think that she's right for TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Ashley. She'd be great on it IMO. Just because she wasn't the main PCD doesn't mean she doesn't have any major credibility. Clearly her and the other girls were vital in PCD - as PCD have sold more than Nicole has on her own.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley Roberts

Judging on a dance show = a great choice.
    Judging on a singing show = are you having a laugh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley is very likeable therefore can be a good host of the show. But I don't think Holly is going anywhere.

As a judge, I don't think Ashley has enough musical creditability to fill those shoes
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Regarding her musical credibility, I thought "Well, she did have that hit with Aggro Santos a few years ago"...then I remembered that was Kimberley Wyatt!
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good god no. Yes she is a nice chick and all, but she doesn't have any music creditability.