Options

Is Dexter Going To Be Returning To EE Or Not?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    99.9% of this board don't want him back it seems.

That's something that unites virtually all of us!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FjtEYt6l2Cs

Let's all join hands.

Pl;ease qualify where you got the 99.9% figure from. I think that you made it up.
  • Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was popular and good enough to win an award shortly before his suspension which would indicate that he has a following with the general public although it would seem that that is not reflected on this forum.

Personally I would like to see him back and for him to get a good storyline with Nancy.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,313
    Forum Member
    DCM10 wrote: »
    Pl;ease qualify where you got the 99.9% figure from. I think that you made it up.

On any polls about favourite characters Dexter always comes out the lowest. I think it's safe to say he is the most hated eastenders character at present.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they bringing the little no mark back? He's no Lacey Turner is he, he won't be a huge loss.
  • Options
    BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    99.9% ain't too far off the mark.

In the 'Your Favourite EastEnders Character Ever' poll i ran earlier this year he was eliminated in the first round he appeared in. He only received 1.7% of the available vote, so it's safe to say that 98.3% of this board don't like him.

Regardless, maybe the reason he wasn't axed altogether was because he is needed for a certain storyline that they can't afford to have to rewrite.

Not saying he killed Lucy Beale, but maybe Dexter knows something?
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    :) Hey, I'm glad I have some back up. :) I think there was a few posters before Sam left who also wanted him to stay but most wanted him out as they thought the actor was not a good one but I didn't see that at all and if Dexter stays in EE, then I would like to see Sam and Ava return, primarily as a platform for Sam to be given some meaty roles and storylines.

Sadly they aint many of us who do want him back though!

If they decided to go in the direction of keeping him, they had a character who like you say could play the hardman, but also had depth to him. That's how I felt anyway.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Hey, I'm glad I have some back up. :) I think there was a few posters before Sam left who also wanted him to stay but most wanted him out as they thought the actor was not a good one but I didn't see that at all and if Dexter stays in EE, then I would like to see Sam and Ava return, primarily as a platform for Sam to be given some meaty roles and storylines.

No No No to all 3 of them
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I'll have to have a look at the spoilers and see if they mention him coming back.

Look on BBC's website, his name is cast on the episode next Monday *sigh*
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was popular and good enough to win an award shortly before his suspension which would indicate that he has a following with the general public although it would seem that that is not reflected on this forum.

Personally I would like to see him back and for him to get a good storyline with Nancy.

He had a good chemistry with Nancy I thought, pity it didnt go anywhere.

He represents a type of "youth" the hip, urban guy & that represents a lot of young people in the UK & therefore EE is lacking in that type of character. If you compare EE with other youth drama's EE is rather glaring in its ommission of that type of character.
  • Options
    red_amberred_amber Posts: 1,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I too thought this would happen, and that it would be a good idea, but it now looks like EE have decided on a Nancy/Tamwar pairing... Dullsville....!
  • Options
    BringBackZsaZsaBringBackZsaZsa Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    He won't survive beyond the next few months. I am sure he will be axed at the end of his contract.
    Even though he's one of the show's most popular characters?
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Didn't really notice he had gone (Has Cora?) and he hasn't been missed. He is that forgettable and totally pointless.

He and Fatboy, who's just like a bad penny need to go.

Both of them should have been shown the door and DTC passed up a golden opportunity to get shot of them both.

Both also have 'Best Newcomer' gongs under their belts which are worthless if neither of them can act. Those awards are clearly the only reason they are still there, unfortunately.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,313
    Forum Member
    Even though he's one of the show's most popular characters?

What makes you think that?
  • Options
    eastboy1980eastboy1980 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    99.9% ain't too far off the mark.

In the 'Your Favourite EastEnders Character Ever' poll i ran earlier this year he was eliminated in the first round he appeared in. He only received 1.7% of the available vote, so it's safe to say that 98.3% of this board don't like him

I dont like the character myself but all your poll confirms is that he's not 98.3% of pollsters 'favorite eastenders character ever, not that they don't like him at all

Just sayin
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish he would learn to speak properly
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I wish he would learn to speak properly

I wish he would learn to act properly.

Or perhaps train to be an astronaut and get a one way ticket to Mars.
  • Options
    Jaydogg_HomeJaydogg_Home Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    yes, but the actors on the naughty step at the moment
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like the character myself but all your poll confirms is that he's not 98.3% of pollsters 'favorite eastenders character ever, not that they don't like him at all

Just sayin

Was just a lighthearted comment.;-)
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would any one notice if he never came back? Thats how worthless his character is. Fatboy is another who is pointlessly aimlessly floating about the square like a nothingness.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    would any one notice if he never came back? Thats how worthless his character is. Fatboy is another who is pointlessly aimlessly floating about the square like a nothingness.

The big floater that Charlie shifted in the old people's home was a far better character (and actor) than Dexter.