Options

Worst programme I've ever seen: The Only Way Is Essex.

madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
Forum Member
:eek:

Someone tell me this is a joke?

WTF!

It has got to be one of the worse programmes I have ever seen, if not the WORST.

Really, seriously, what the hell is going on?

The acting is worst than Hollyoaks, if that is possible.

Not to mention the stupid and daft story lines. We might as well watch Jeremy Kyle if we want to see relationship issues and image problems.

:yawn::sleep:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I only watched a minute of it earlier (only because Die Hard on E4 was on an ad break), and I was rapidly losing the will to live.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watched for about 3 minutes.

I decided I really should turn it off when I found myself swearing at the TV.

Lots of eye candy though...:o
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    ITV2 have lost it completely now, it should be axed along with all the crap it shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Who commissions this crap?
    They need shooting at dawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is, you'll have little boys and girls wanking in their rooms over these girls. Same with the girls and boys over the lads.

Awful acting, some of the worst I've ever seen, awful construction - not put together well, almost like it has been glued together, silly story-lines... I could go on, but I'm not good with words. Music just stuck in randomly. It is like Hollyoaks, but worse.

There is a very good reason the people in it are mostly good looking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Best thing about it? ......The music cut in. I liked Starry Eyes by Elly Godling, and I'm A Woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, some of the girls and men are stunning, but I think that is the whole point of the show. All based, mainly, on looks.
  • Options
    Loop o' SoupLoop o' Soup Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    madlh100 wrote: »
    The thing is, you'll have little boys and girls wanking in their rooms over these girls. Same with the girls and boys over the lads.

Awful acting, some of the worst I've ever seen, awful construction - not put together well, almost like it has been glued together, silly story-lines... I could go on, but I'm not good with words. Music just stuck in randomly. It is like Hollyoaks, but worse.

There is a very good reason the people in it are mostly good looking.

Sadly mate its not acting, seems to be the general opinion that its a reality show.:eek:
  • Options
    SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who does that builder's bum on the promos belong to? The wearing the manky white shorts, I mean. It's annoyed me for a week now, and I want that ugly thing off my telly! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    :mad: I had been looking forward to this for ages but It was utter rubbish. I found myself switching back to the new epps of american dad on BBC3 within 5 mins.
  • Options
    SeminoleSeminole Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's The Hills for the working class :rolleyes:

I watched it. For me the highlight was Nanny Pat delivering a sausage plait to her boy...:D
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    The acting is worst than Hollyoaks, if that is possible.

Ironically it's made by Lime Pictures (previously Mersey TV) who are best known for Hollyoaks, Brookside and Grange Hill!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to watch it but found it so difficult are these people actually real. I find it hard to believe to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    The whole thing seems fabricated to me. They're all rough as arseholes yet seem to think nothing of spending 3 grand on a watch. They hardly strike me as the UKs elite. The height of sophistication for them is sticking crystal stickers on their pubic areas and tattooing each other's names on their bodies. CHAVS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Sadly mate its not acting, seems to be the general opinion that its a reality show.:eek:

It's scripted improv, the characters, albeit 'playing' themselves are given storylines and situations to 'act' out.

Kind of given away by the carefully worded 'text' at the beginning that 'situations are created for your entertainment', and the end credits for numerous 'story producers'

None of which means it's any good of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    i couldnt make my mind up if this was for real or not.but i thought it was the funniest thing i have watched for ages.those girls discussing their lady gardening and where the spakles should go down younder was trash tv at the higest level ,glad my daughter isnt from essex thats all i can say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Th sad thing is you see people like them every Friday and Saturday night.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Special K_ wrote: »
    ITV2 have lost it completely now, it should be axed along with all the crap it shows.

That would really make my day. One of the worst channels in existence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The whole thing seems fabricated to me. They're all rough as arseholes yet seem to think nothing of spending 3 grand on a watch. They hardly strike me as the UKs elite. The height of sophistication for them is sticking crystal stickers on their pubic areas and tattooing each other's names on their bodies. CHAVS

£3,000 on a watch he didn't even wear. He bought the watch then you see him later with a completely different one on. Badly produced.
  • Options
    LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only naturally pretty girl on the programme was sam

The rest are caked in orange tan & make up & in the close ups tbey had spots & craters hiding under their makeup! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    The only naturally pretty girl on the programme was sam

The rest are caked in orange tan & make up & in the close ups tbey had spots & craters hiding under their makeup! :rolleyes:

Totally agree. Can't believe people are describing the girls as "stunning"!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair Amy was pretty hot.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    i watched for about 3 minutes.

I decided I really should turn it off when I found myself swearing at the TV.

Lots of eye candy though...:o

If you like them tangoed and caked in make-up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited when I heard about this. I love Essex. I lived there for the first 17 years of my life and my family and my closest friends still live in Essex.

I was SOooooooooo disappointed.

It was cringe-worthy. So awful. They are real people but the situations and much of the dialogue are staged.

The people taking part will be worshipped by a certain small demographic but become figures of hate and ridicule for a much larger demographic. They obviously do not have the self- awareness to realise this. Which is a shame.

I would not be at all surprised if ITV2 pulled this show without completing the planned run.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seminole wrote: »
    It's The Hills for the working class :rolleyes:

I watched it. For me the highlight was Nanny Pat delivering a sausage plait to her boy...:D

Don't you love Nanny Pat.
    I laughed out loud at her sausage plait (although I am sure it was delicious).