Options

EastEnders:So Realisitc!

dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
Forum Member
Tonights EastEnders was spot on

The episode was so realisitc every detail was spot on so a massive welldone to them

I hope it will give alot of people a wake up call now and not turn a happy moment into a sad one

Comments

• Options
    princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know! It was like it was in real time - no cutaway scenes and a lot of detail!
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I know! It was like it was in real time - no cutaway scenes and a lot of detail!
    Yep they showed everything as it would happen and wasn't rushed.

Bryan Kirkwood all is forgiven:)
  • Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode tonight well done BBC :eek:
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    It was very realistic. There was a death of almost identical circumstances within my family last year and everything within this episode rang true. The silence said far more than anything else.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    It was the silences which made it so realistic. Excellent episode tonight and everyone involved played their parts well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was VERY realistic. I've seen alot of comments saying why weren't they screaming and crying because that's what we've got used to in soap BUT this was the realistic way.. the breaking down and sobbing from carol will no doubt come later in the week
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was excellent. Only Eastenders, and to a much lesser extent Emmerdale, have the power to make me cry. It's the realism in key scenes which make it like that, because you feel you can relate.
  • Options
    LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing episode
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    It's episode's like that to me that make EE the best soap, no other soiap, imo, can do drama and real emotion then EE.
  • Options
    ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im yet to watch it on BBC3
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would'nt of he been sick from all the booze before he died?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    It's episode's like that to me that make EE the best soap, no other soiap, imo, can do drama and real emotion then EE.

Totally agree. Episodes like tonight explain why i enjoy this show so much.
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost a child almost three years ago and tonight I sat with tears running down my face because Lindsay Coulson was so spot on with her reactions, I don't think I've ever been moved to tears by an episode of a soap like I was tonight. No screaming, no hysterics, just a quiet realisation that something very bad had happened and everything can never be the same again.
    Well done all those involved, and thank you
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Would'nt of he been sick from all the booze before he died?

His body may not have had the chance :(

'In the worst cases, alcohol poisoning can lead to comas, brain damage and even death. After an alcohol overdose, you could:

* Choke on your vomit
    * Stop breathing
    * Have a heart attack
    * Inhale vomit, leading to fatal lung damage
    * Experience severe dehydration, which can cause permanent brain damage in extreme cases
    * Get hypothermia
    * Suffer seizures because of lowered blood sugar levels.'

Taken from http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/facts/factsheets/acute-alcohol-poisoning
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I lost a child almost three years ago and tonight I sat with tears running down my face because Lindsay Coulson was so spot on with her reactions, I don't think I've ever been moved to tears by an episode of a soap like I was tonight. No screaming, no hysterics, just a quiet realisation that something very bad had happened and everything can never be the same again.
    Well done all those involved, and thank you

Hugs to you, silly sausage. As a mother, I could only imagine how I would feel in that situation, but you've actually experienced it. When I was a nurse, I saw many families react in a similar way as on EE tonight. Fantastic acting from all those concerned.
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thankyou Jayma. I just felt it was so well thought out, the silences that people are mentioning, even though you are aware of exterior noise at the same time your world is strangely silent. I remember my brother in law talking to me, telling me what had happened, seeing his mouth moving and hearing the words but at the same time not being able to match the two up. The scene where Carol reached the house was incredibly emotive.
    it was just so well done, I wasn't expecting the episode to be as good as it was, I thought we would have the usual screaming and wailing, shouting, when in fact in my experience the exact opposite was true, there was silence, lots of it and I think Eastenders captured it beautifully
  • Options
    I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was top trend on Twitter for ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    this was so well done and so real to life that ee must have got some really good advice from people that understand what it feels like to find a loved one dead .i found my husband in much the same way a few years back.you cant understand how the world is still going on around you.even down to the paramedics it was so true. also i lost my son a little while ago,and like carol i didnt scream or shout because it dosent seem real tears come later.this really deserves an award .
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody's acting was brilliant in this but I have to single out Bianca, Patsy is a great actress always but when she was trying to tell Carol that Billie was dead she was amazing. Then managing to keep it together for the sake of her children was so touching. I shall miss her when she takes maternity leave.