Madonna - Queen Of Plagiarism?

1235»

Comments

• Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed that then as I have never heard of this film!

Maybe it wasn't released here in the UK? I saw it when I lived in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Is_Burning_(film)
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Maybe it wasn't released here in the UK? I saw it when I lived in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Is_Burning_(film)

Link didn't work but I managed to find the article anyway.

Confused? Much!

It says the film was released in 1991, M released the song in 1990, it seems the song came BEFORE the film not after so how did the film inspire the video?
  • Ali_CWAli_CW Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Madonna has never been scared of sex and sexuality. I can just remember when she released the coffee table book called, Sex.
    It created the usual hysterics back then.
    Madonna was trying to make a point about censorship at the time.
    Around that time I think the The Erotica album was released, it is brilliant.

She was always thinking ahead. When others 'got what she was doing' and emulated it. She would jump overboard.

American Life album was one of my favorites along with Bedtime stories. Albums that are perhaps overlooked?

Madonna took strands of Monroe and Blondie and even Bananarama's image and wove her own style into it.
    Exciting times!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When has David Bowie ever criticized Madonna publically in interviews? I'm not aware of that at all. David is a very classy guy who never makes derogatory comments about other artists. That seems totally at odds with his personality. Maybe you're talking about rumours of what he said to friends, but honestly I've never read that. I've never heard David didn't want Madonna to induct him into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It sounds totally unlike him. I've never read anything like that in the media.
    Madonna has said in many interviews that she loved Debbie Harry growing up and she was an influence on her. So to say Madonna has never credited her is just not true. I don't remember Debbie saying anything like that at all. All I remember her saying was that she felt when Madonna became successful, record companies favoured Madonna and invested in her, and not Debbie. She was blaming record companies not Madonna herself. And Vogue was inspired by a movie Paris is Burning about gay culture in the 1990s not Debbie Harry. Voguing did not exist in the early 80's, it arose in the 1990's.

David has never slagged off Madonna. I have no idea where that poster gets these things from. Probably made up. Madonna and Bowie are actually friends and when Bowie was inducted into the hall of fame he chose Madonna to accept for him because he admired her having no fear. However Bowie has NEVER been into or wanted awards, They are not his thing. He doesn't like having to accept them. That is why you rarely ever see him collecting awards. He doesn't believe in winning an award to give you a status. If people are going to make silly statements they should at least research the man first. Also Madonna was at his private album launch party this year so talk about looking stupid.

Its not the first time this user has made wild claims and never been able to back them up. I'm still l waiting for all the links to confirm Madonna was successfully sued several times over Express Yourself. He also once claimed Madonna never used catholic imagery in music until 2005!

That's why I no longer debate in these threads as its all tit for tat made up in the imaginations of users.
    Gaga fans need to get over their obsession with Madonna.

Madonna is the original. Gaga is the crap imitator. Deal with it.
    To be fair. The Gaga fans who have a vendetta against Madonna are all in their 30s/40s. Not little kids as you would have expected. Its so bizzare!! I think for people that age to be attacking Madonna children as many of them have done in the past is disgraceful.

But to now try and blame Madonna for Gaga not working with Nile Rodgers is a new low.

Infact anyone have a link to what Nile Rodgers is supposed to have actually said? Only thing I can find is a recent article where he says he would be interested in working with her. Not that he had or that she turned him down.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I was under the impression it did because Malcolm McLaren made a song about it - Deep In Vogue.

hhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KDmJQjS_0

Here's a wiki about it

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogue_(dance)

House of Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtravaganzaaaaaah dahhhrlingk!

No T, no shade!
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of other artists work with outside producers even bands. But somehow this is held against Madonna, but not other artists. It actually tells me she's not an egomaniac, she actually wants to hear other people's opinions on what she does. She's interested in other people's ideas. But people refuse to give her any credit for what she does.
    Look at a band like Duran Duran. They work with outside producers on every album. They needed Mark Ronson for the last album. But everyone praises their talent. But Madonna has to play every instrument herself or she's worthless. I hate the double standard. I like DD a lot, but why are they seen as different than Madonna even though they use outside producers. No one ever says they aren't talented because they use outside producers.

I don't know about other posters, but I don't criticise Madonna for using outside producers, I criticise the section of her fans (and I'm not saying this includes you) who either refuse to accept that these producers even exist or claim that they were simply precisely following Madonna's instructions and made no actual contribution of their own. These fans won't admit that Madonna collaborates with others, in their heads Madonna has invented everything ever.
    If you think MDNA tour is just about flashing her body and sex, I suggest your watch the whole DVD when it comes out. There's a lot more substance to it than that. Yes, there's nudity because sex is part of life, but it's about much more than that. I've never seen Rihanna live, but I doubt she has the same storyline. The tour is about wanting revenge hence the guns at the beginning, but coming to terms with your anger at the loss of a relationship. And finding at the end, joy in life again and revenge is not the right way. Yes, there's some nudity in Like A Virgin, but it's not the whole show. And that song is not about just physical nudity, but emotional nudity. It's about opening your heart to someone, and yes, you get hurt, but you can heal and move on. In fact, you have to open up and be vulnerable, to find the strength to move on. Madonna does nudity and shocking things, but if you look at them intelligently, you can see there's a point to what she does. It's not just shocking for the sake of shocking. She has an intellectual and emotional side to her show, if you take the time to analyze them, instead of just superficial judgment.

That has to be the most pretentious thing I've ever read.
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Thank you Kat
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DU05vZehig

I could bring out many more but I wouldn't want to embarrass anymore. I also don't think any Madonna fan has claimed she does all the work on her own. They have defended Madonna against the claims its the producers ALONE who do all the work while she has no imput.

Horses mouth above in the link.

Sorry if I just crapped on anyones parade.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DU05vZehig

I could bring out many more but I wouldn't want to embarrass anymore. I also don't think any Madonna fan has claimed she does all the work on her own. They have defended Madonna against the claims its the producers ALONE who do all the work while she has no imput.

Horses mouth above in the link.

Sorry if I just crapped on anyones parade.

She has input no question, at least thats what the producers let her think :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Reading this thread has been pretty interesting and funny.
    IntotheSun wrote: »

..this site is especially hilarious!
This discussion has been closed.