LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just ordered the 16GB phone, 6 weeks wait.
    Do I need a cover? Google's checkout wouldn't work on iPad so I was too busy scrambling around firing up the old laptop to remember to order one.

What SIM does it take as must ask Voda, I'm on a SIM only deal and just out of contract so may stay with them on £15 pm for 300 mins, 600 texts and 500MB data. Not sure 3's reception is too reliable round here and I'm not a techie at all so worried GG wouldn't suit me when I have issues.
    I hope the nexus 4 works well as a phone too, good call quality I mean?

It needs a micro-sim. I'm hoping I'll just be able to go over to Vodafone and they will just swap my current sim for a micro-sim.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It needs a micro-sim. I'm hoping I'll just be able to go over to Vodafone and they will just swap my current sim for a micro-sim.

Or buy a cheap cutter, handy to have one and only about £3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Or buy a cheap cutter, handy to have one and only about £3

I did consider that, but I'd be too scared that something might go wrong....I'd rather just get a new micro-sim and transfer the data over to it...
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did consider that, but I'd be too scared that something might go wrong....I'd rather just get a new micro-sim and transfer the data over to it...

My mate bought a sim cutter for a couple of quid of ebay, worked fine and even got a sim converter so he can put the micro sim back into a normal sized sim if need be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can't really mess it up, the sim slides in and you push down to punch it out.

I have used it with quite a few SIM cards with no issues.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't really mess it up, the sim slides in and you push down to punch it out.

So something like this then ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jwball wrote: »

Whoohoo, thats what you can do when you fiddle...erm...I mean adjust.. your corporation tax comitments... :D

I'll get me one of them...rather the 5p in my pocket than someone elses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    So something like this then ?

Yup that's the one.
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bumper is weighted so that the phone will fall onto the sides upon impact and not flat down, it also spreads the impact energy away from the glass panels to around the edges. A case may have similar effect, but I would prefer the bumper with a screen protector on the back...

I will get a case any way though, I'm just too scared about the glass back...

That's what I am scared of ending up with a nice crack down the backside (no pun intended! :D). So in the end I would want the best protection, but not end up with a fortress around my phone like my other half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five to six week delivery time when I ordered last night. Just got an email telling me the phone has shipped. Happy happy :D
  • bigerbiger Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    money taken, no phone dispatched yet, time will drag
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Five to six week delivery time when I ordered last night. Just got an email telling me the phone has shipped. Happy happy :D

8gb or 16gb ?

Ordered mine with a 1-2 week delivery but no email yet :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    8gb or 16gb ?

Yeah same here, I assume he ordered the 8GB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8gb or 16gb ?

16gb.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But it would be quicker to go into the shop and get a free one wouldn't it?
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    16gb.

Grrrr :p

Xmas gifts so im in no mad hurry to be honest.

I have last years Nexus (Gnex) to play with
    Kids have this years Nexus (for me to play with)
    I get next years Nexus to play with

Sorted :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it would be quicker to go into the shop and get a free one wouldn't it?

Quicker? how so, it takes me 5 seconds to cut a SIM card down without even leaving the house.

It would take me alot longer if I had to trek to the Vodafone shop.

If they were to order a cutter now it would get to their house before the Nexus does, and you would be surprised how often you end up using it.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quicker? how so, it takes me 5 seconds to cut a SIM card down without even leaving the house.

If they were to order a cutter now it would get to their house before the Nexus does, and you would be surprised how often you end up using it.

Thats true about it arriving the time the nexus arrives.

How many times do you need to use a sim cutter? or rather, how come so often?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats true about it arriving the time the nexus arrives.

How many times do you need to use a sim cutter? or rather, how come so often?

I have cut down my O2, GiffGaff and Virgin Mobile SIMs over the past 3 years as well as various others for family members and friends. I have also made use of the little SIM adapters that came with it, not bad for £3 with free delivery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grrrr :p

Xmas gifts so im in no mad hurry to be honest.

I have last years Nexus (Gnex) to play with
    Kids have this years Nexus (for me to play with)
    I get next years Nexus to play with

Sorted :D

:D Is anyone going to find time to cook the dinner :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Meh....the only reason I need a micro-SIM is for the Nexus 4...I hardly change my SIM card otherwise and everyone else I know have normal SIMs or already have their cards for iPhone etc....plus I pass about 3 Vodafone shops on the way back from work, so I think I might just go there tbh.

No money has been taken from my account yet and my Google Wallet still says 'pending' for the transaction so not sure what's going on with that tbh. Some people who ordered after me have already received shipping emails and tracking numbers so it looks like Google is just doing it randomly...
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8MB sold out again, 16MB has 5 to 6 week shipping time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    8MB sold out again, 16MB has 5 to 6 week shipping time.

Slight mistake in capacity there...:p
  • denyo1977denyo1977 Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder how they work that one out. Someone who gets an estimate of 5-6 weeks gets the phone shipped before people with an estimate of 1-2 weeks.