Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in general we are becoming more vocal and tactile - I appreciate the nonsense 'love ya's' and air kissing from almost strangers is meaningless.
    Most people at work or in social settings would describe me as reserved, which I am, if your family or close friends then you are my world and I will tell you.

Actions do speak louder than words no doubt, I know that my parents loved me - but in all honesty I did wonder sometimes when younger because emotions were kept in check. Having lost a brother and child I take every opportunity to say it because we are lucky to have them and life is so precious.
    Again, I'm not saying I'm special, just explaining that's maybe why I am how I am.

I have no time for the constant air kissing to strangers, never understood it tbh. And you are right, life is precious, and no one knows how long we have with our loved one's. After my own Mother passed, my sister told me, that my Mum, never thought i loved her, as im sure you can imagine, that cut deep, but i was not brought up to express my feelings, you were just meant to know, obviously that is not enough for some, well not in my own personal experience anyway :cry: So i choose to tell my children i love them, maybe not daily, but certainly many times a week, that does not make me special, neither do i expect a reward or praise, they are my children, and you know what, i love them to death :D:D:D And if by telling them, makes me a bad parent, so be it, but my children are not in care, or abused. They are loved, and i care not who knows it :D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think that taking them out of the public eye and letting them have a private childhood would prove his love more than saying the words a million times but then it's my view that no celeb kids should be famous.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    :eek:

ermm!!! what are you going to do with the pencil lexi ? :D

:eek: I was metaphorically preparing for reviewage battle!

But, as you'll see, I was ahead of myself and the stuffing is not due for another couple of weeks. :D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, just lol, that made me laugh out loud :D:D just where did you get the impression I liked PA :eek:

Please accept my profuse apologies - I honestly thought you liked him.:o
    Or was that a roundabout way of telling us you luuuuuuuuurve him?
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I have no time for the constant air kissing to strangers, never understood it tbh. And you are right, life is precious, and no one knows how long we have with our loved one's. After my own Mother passed, my sister told me, that my Mum, never thought i loved her, as im sure you can imagine, that cut deep, but i was not brought up to express my feelings, you were just meant to know, obviously that is not enough for some, well not in my own personal experience anyway :cry: So i choose to tell my children i love them, maybe not daily, but certainly many times a week, that does not make me special, neither do i expect a reward or praise, they are my children, and you know what, i love them to death :D:D:D And if by telling them, makes me a bad parent, so be it, but my children are not in care, or abused. They are loved, and i care not who knows it :D

I understand. So many events make us who we are good and bad.....I didn't tell my brother I loved him and neither AFAIK did my parents...this was over 15 years ago, it didn't mean I and they didn't......but I am sad I never did and I probably over compensate now.

Anyways back on track - it bothers me not one bit how many times PA says he loves his kids. I simply don't get the issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I personally think that taking them out of the public eye and letting them have a private childhood would prove his love more than saying the words a million times but then it's my view that no celeb kids should be famous.

You know, I have to laugh at all the indignant responses to DOTY's beating his kids over the head with his love declarations! Are people deliberately ignoring the fact that it's not the declarations of love that are the issue, but HIM and his DOTY marketing of it??

I know this will be met with the same relentless litany of "well there's nothing wrong with telling your kids you love them..." etc etc etc :yawn: and it will yet again completely miss this point! Pete has used his DOTYness as a marketing tool and it's THIS that people object to, not him telling his kids he loves them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand. So many events make us who we are good and bad.....I didn't tell my brother I loved him and neither AFAIK did my parents...this was over 15 years ago, it didn't mean I and they didn't......but I am sad I never did and I probably over compensate now.

Anyways back on track - it bothers me not one bit how many times PA says he loves his kids. I simply don't get the issue.

I'm sure their are many children that would appreciate hearing those words, just once. There is no issue really, its just an added pathetic reason to attack him :rolleyes:
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who expects to be praised or to gain some reward for loving our children. But if you feel that it is somehow a fault in someone that express their love to their child, then i feel really sorry for you.

Don't feel sorry for me ... I don't sell my children on tv ..I don't use them as a selling point to gain some imagined status of perfect parent
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    You know, I have to laugh at all the indignant responses to DOTY's beating his kids over the head with his love declarations! Are people deliberately ignoring the fact that it's not the declarations of love that are the issue, but HIM and his DOTY marketing of it??

I know this will be met with the same relentless litany of "well there's nothing wrong with telling your kids you love them..." etc etc etc :yawn: and it will yet again completely miss this point! Pete has used his DOTYness as a marketing tool and it's THIS that people object to, not him telling his kids he loves them.

But his declarations of love to his children, have been an issue :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is how I feel , I like Pete , I always have and I didn't need to take sides against KP when they separated because I have always disliked her , long before they even met.
    I know PA has faults , but I like him anyway and I appreciate his clumsy attempts at humour.

That's exactly how I feel about PA ..I have never liked him even when he was married to KP .and although KP has done things I don't like I do like her ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't feel sorry for me ... I don't sell my children on tv ..I don't use them as a selling point to gain some imagined status of perfect parent

Sorry Betty, but i can not help but feel very sorry for you, that you would feel that Pete telling his children that he loves them, as being nothing more that a selling point. So all those that have admitted to telling our children that we love them, are just trying to make ourselves out to be the perfect parent, or does that only apply to Pete :eek:
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please accept my profuse apologies - I honestly thought you liked him.:o
    Or was that a roundabout way of telling us you luuuuuuuuurve him?

Lol, yes, I am fan number 1 - phew, I feel muuuuuuuuuuch better now.....

But no :eek:

I think he's vain, needy, cheesy and reacts to provocation in not always the best way....I simply don't always agree with the criticism he gets on here and comment, that is all. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% agree Lexi. It's his *thing*, his USP, his marketing tool. Good that he loves his kids but it's the relentless selling of himself as DOTY whilst not allowing his kids any chance of a private childhood that gets to me.

I've no doubt he absolutely adores his kids but then don't all other celebs? Difference is, they don't feel the need to inform the public of their fantastic parenting 24/7.

Btw, isn't it crazy that a whole 24 hours of toing and froing about his parental skills started with what was a blatantly obvious jokey comment? ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But his declarations of love to his children, have been an issue :rolleyes:

Yes, for the reason I've just given above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Betty, but i can not help but feel very sorry for you, that you would feel that Pete telling his children that he loves them, as being nothing more that a selling point. So all those that have admitted to telling our children that we love them, are just trying to make ourselves out to be the perfect parent, or does that only apply to Pete :eek:

Can I ask you why our are only pulling me up about this when others are also saying the same thing? I don't need pity from you ..The man tells his kids on camera so that people think he is DOTY and praise him cos he loves his kids..and guess what ..it looks like some idiots have fallen for it :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, for the reason I've just given above.

Yes i see that Lexi, because its HIM ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask you why our are only pulling me up about this when others are also saying the same thing? I don't need pity from you ..

I am not pulling you up, you responded to me, as i have responded to you, lets not make this into something its not now :D Some have me on ignore, so i simply ignore them in return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes i see that Lexi, because its HIM ;)

That's because he is the only person on tv who does it .. .. I don't know any other celeb who constantly tells his kids he loves them or tells every interviewer how much he loves his kids
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sadly that is not always the case, and it does not always come naturally :cry:

Uh-huh. But that is not going to change just because Pa reminds us all the time of his special love for his kids, is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not pulling you up, you responded to me, as i have responded to you, lets not make this into something its not now :D Some have me on ignore, so i simply ignore them in return.

You are actually ..are you asking me to put you on ignore
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    100% agree Lexi. It's his *thing*, his USP, his marketing tool. Good that he loves his kids but it's the relentless selling of himself as DOTY whilst not allowing his kids any chance of a private childhood that gets to me.

I've no doubt he absolutely adores his kids but then don't all other celebs? Difference is, they don't feel the need to inform the public of their fantastic parenting 24/7.

Btw, isn't it crazy that a whole 24 hours of toing and froing about his parental skills started with what was a blatantly obvious jokey comment? ;):D

I can't even remember what it was? Was it something to do with loving his kids? :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how I feel , I like Pete , I always have and I didn't need to take sides against KP when they separated because I have always disliked her , long before they even met.
    I know PA has faults , but I like him anyway and I appreciate his clumsy attempts at humour.

Thing is Momma I have always detested KP long before PA even knew who she was.

I remember rolling my eyes at the fake boobs phoneline. I remember the kiss and tells, the many attempts at *singing*. I remember her embarrassing appearance on Graham Norton when he was still on C4 when she talked about taking it up the a*se. I remember her waving her scan of Harvey at the camera to show Dwight and her talking about loving the feel of c*ck on Franks Skinners show. I always thought she was a hideous old trollop with the morals of an alley cat and nothing has ever changed. I watched her though as she was a car crash. I found that hideousness entertaining - I certainly don't now
    I was one of the people who saw nothing different when she was in the jungle. Going slap free for a few days didn't make her some form of earth mother like some seemed to think.

I actually liked him for a while and still think he's better off out of her clutches but I gradually over the years have gone off him to the point where I now find him nauseating.

Though whats the odds someone will claim 'methinks she protests too much'? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's because he is the only person on tv who does it .. .. I don't know any other celeb who constantly tells his kids he loves them or tells every interviewer how much he loves his kids

How many reality shows involving family life do you watch? Why does this upset you so much, he is not declaring his undying love for you, you do not have to watch his show, you do not have to listen to those, that wish to tell you every detail, you chose that yourself.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you are quite deliberately missing the point.
    Nobody is criticising PA for loving his children.
    Nobody is criticising PA for telling his children that he loves them.
    What people ARE criticising is PA telling US he loves his children, as though that is somehow special and deserving of credit.
    It's not.
    I love my children - that's what you are supposed to do, but I don't witter on about it to perfect strangers all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even remember what it was? Was it something to do with loving his kids? :confused::D

Think it may have been this suggestion of ways to make money for charity
    £1 donation every time he mentions loving his kids.....
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.