BBC Question Time 20/03/2014

Iqbal_MIqbal_M Posts: 4,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight from Warrington.

The Panel:-

Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander MP (Liberal Democrat)
Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham MP (Labour)
Conservative Dominic Raab MP (Conservative)
Former Director of the Centre for Policy Studies Jill Kirby
crime writer Val McDermid

Coverage:-

On Television:

Thursday 20th March 10.35 pm - BBC One/BBC One HD (In England, Wales, and Scotland)
Thursday 20th March 11.10 pm - BBC One/BBC One HD (In Northern Ireland)
Saturday 22nd March 1.05 am - BBC Two/BBC Two HD (In Sign Language)
Sunday 23rd March 6.00 pm - BBC Parliament

On Radio:

Thursday 20th March 10.00 pm - BBC Radio 5 Live (As Question Time Extra Time)

On IPlayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03y0n1q

Comments

• StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another chance to chart the ongoing disappearance of Danny Alexander`s chin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ta for thread.

Danny Alexander was sat behind David Cameron at PMQ's yesterday.

Was also sat there when George Osbourne was delivering the Budget - I think anyway (probably).
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ta for thread.

Danny Alexander was sat behind David Cameron at PMQ's yesterday.

Was also sat there when George Osbourne was delivering the Budget - I think anyway (probably).

Danny Alexander was at Osborne's right hand side during the Budget statement and iirc he was at Cameron's right hand side during PMQs. Osborne was on Cameron's left.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boring. No one who will say anything which might piss the crowd off or anything controversial or remotely interesting.

Its time BBCQT start producing the show better and get people on who will make it a good show. That panel is terrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Danny Alexander was at Osborne's right hand side during the Budget statement and iirc he was at Cameron's right hand side during PMQs. Osborne was on Cameron's left.

Yes - thanks. Left-hand side and right-hand side - exactly - but just wasn't watching that closely though TBH - but did notice him sat behind, though.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    Danny Alexander was at Osborne's right hand side during the Budget statement and Cameron was on his left hand side and iirc he was at Cameron's right hand side during PMQs. Osborne was on Cameron's left.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/budget/10707864/Budget-2014-The-Chancellors-speech.html
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Another chance to chart the ongoing disappearance of Danny Alexander`s chin.

Yeah straight up his arse !!!! he's a clampitt , wonder what he thinks of the latest Tory advert about Bingo and Booze...he will probably apologise on behalf of the Tories.
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Dominic Raab is an anti EU proponent. Wonder if he'll get the UKIP type questions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Dominic Raab is an anti EU proponent. Wonder if he'll get the UKIP type questions.

Quite possibly being trhe anti-EU person on the panel.
  • ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burnham back a thouroughly horrible Scouse creature, hope Danny is on form and puts him back in his box. Mid staffs will shut up the obnoxious Scouse prat.
  • Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianmatt wrote: »
    Burnham back a thouroughly horrible Scouse creature, hope Danny is on form and puts him back in his box. Mid staffs will shut up the obnoxious Scouse prat.

Wasn't Burnham on only a few weeks ago?
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many times has Danny Alexander been on this programme? I can not stand him, he sits there like a complete Tory puppet, he can`t believe his luck swanning around in Ministerial limousines. Hope he, Cable and Clegg are sent back to the obscurity they so richly deserve at the next election.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,951
    Forum Member
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    How many times has Danny Alexander been on this programme? I can not stand him, he sits there like a complete Tory puppet, he can`t believe his luck swanning around in Ministerial limousines. Hope he, Cable and Clegg are sent back to the obscurity they so richly deserve at the next election.

Danny Alexander may well may the highest profile Lib-Dem casualty at the next election. ElectoralCalculus currently predict him losing, albeit narrowly, his Inverness and Nairn seat to the SNP.
  • johnny_boi_UKjohnny_boi_UK Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm glad I'm not the only person that cannot stand Burnham, surprised that he is untainted by what has come to light regarding the nhs.
  • ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only person that cannot stand Burnham, surprised that he is untainted by what has come to light regarding the nhs.

He isn't untainted by any means, just Miliband was too weak to move him. Him holding on makes Hunts job easy though and he rag dolls him in debate, just goes back to past failings. Burnham a loathsome man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Danny Alexander may well may the highest profile Lib-Dem casualty at the next election..

Are you sure. I think it's going to be Clegg loosing Sheffield Hallam to Labour
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,951
    Forum Member

That would be a sensational swing. Although Clegg's doing his best (or should that be worst) I don't see it happening. There's still time though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    That would be a sensational swing. Although Clegg's doing his best (or should that be worst) I don't see it happening. There's still time though.

I think him going to bed with Cameron and Sheffield really suffering during his time a Deputy PM has really put the nail in to his coffin
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think Clegg would be too bothered about losing his seat. As a well connected multilingual Europhile he's guaranteed to get a very well paid non-job in Brussels or with the UN where he won't have to deal with the pesky voters any more.

I'm not sure what the future would hold for Alexander. Even if he was to keep his seat then I can't see him as leader. He may be a decent chap but he's hardly Mr Personality (but that hasn't stopped people becoming a party leader before...). I suppose his fate could depend on the result of the Scottish Referendum. He may decide to flee south of the border in the search of a safer seat.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get your QT cliche bingo boards out, Burnham's back on!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »

I thought it was a drinking game
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »

The makeup staff always have to stock up on extra supplies when he is on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we're off
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez England again.