Options

the 2 doctors episode

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watched the 2 doctors with David Tennant and Peter capeldi I think the fires of Pompei

Comments

• Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Groan*
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Jacqueline Pearce in this. Especially when she licks the blood.
  • Options
    garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Just saw it great effects.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally,I liked the return of Omega and the Amsterdam setting.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Koquillion wrote: »
    Personally,I liked the return of Omega and the Amsterdam setting.

Sorry, are we talking the same language, here? :confused::confused: To me, it sounds as though you lot are getting totally confused.

The OP was saying that he's just seen The Fires of Pompeii with Peter Capaldi as a Roman resident and David's Doctor was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Jacqueline Pearce in this. Especially when she licks the blood.

Sorry? :confused: She wasn't in this. The OP meant The Fires of Pompeii with David's Doctor and future Doctor actor Peter Capaldi as a Roman inhabitant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Sorry, are we talking the same language, here? :confused::confused: To me, it sounds as though you lot are getting totally confused.

The OP was saying that he's just seen The Fires of Pompeii with Peter Capaldi as a Roman resident and David's Doctor was there.
    Sorry? :confused: She wasn't in this. The OP meant The Fires of Pompeii with David's Doctor and future Doctor actor Peter Capaldi as a Roman inhabitant.

both filed under

Joke, Missing The
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    both filed under

Joke, Missing The

I just feel the need to quote this famous exchange from Blackadder:

Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what "irony" is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like "goldy" and "bronzy" only it's made out of iron.

:D
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Mustn't forget that 'Sexton Blake' actor was in it too and Joe Sugden! from Emmerdale - and that lady from Blakes 7 too........who worked with Paul Darrow from the same show that worked with Dr Who on Timelash!!

Is this that game called six moments from wotzit or something??:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you're not getting it, as usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shockeye has got to be one of the scariest baddies of all time. Far scarier than the CGI monsters in the Tennant/Capaldi episode. I suggest you watch it, OP. ;)
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought shockeye was a comical character. Poor overall story.I an surprised troughton cameback for it. The sontarans masks were terrible typical of the lack of investment by the bbc in the mid to late 80s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shockeye has got to be one of the scariest baddies of all time. Far scarier than the CGI monsters in the Tennant/Capaldi episode. I suggest you watch it, OP. ;)

but, but, but... :D
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I thought shockeye was a comical character. Poor overall story.I an surprised troughton cameback for it. The sontarans masks were terrible typical of the lack of investment by the bbc in the mid to late 80s.

I only watched it last year and I personally liked it. What I find particularly interesting about it also is that it start's off with troughton and it's a good ten minutes or more before we even see colin baker. Couldn't imagine them doing that in any other multi doctor story, certainly not one these days. Could you imagine if there was a multi doctor story now where all you saw was tennant or smith having an adventure and Capaldi didn't even feature for a while? I don't think they'd dream of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    you're not getting it, as usual.

What's not to get? :confused: I don't understand. :confused: The OP said he had just seen the Fires of Pompeii. what's not to understand from that? :confused:
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh, everyone (me included) presumed when they clicked on the link that the OP was going to be talking about "The Two Doctors" with Colin & Patrick with Frazer Hines and Servalan & the Sontarans partially filmed in Serville, Spain!! Yes, that one! Not Karen Gillan/Peter Capaldi's first appearance in the show...
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watched it last year and I personally liked it. What I find particularly interesting about it also is that it start's off with troughton and it's a good ten minutes or more before we even see colin baker. Couldn't imagine them doing that in any other multi doctor story, certainly not one these days. Could you imagine if there was a multi doctor story now where all you saw was tennant or smith having an adventure and Capaldi didn't even feature for a while? I don't think they'd dream of it.
    Well, The Day of the Doctor may begin with Matt and Jenna's unnecessary motorbike and helicopter stunts. However, when the titles are over, the core story starts off with a lengthy flashback to John Hurt on the last day of the Time War.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought the OP was refering to The Almost People/The Rebel Flesh. ;-)

Not a popular story, it seems, but I rather like it. Matt Smith acting alongside Matt Smith is a lot of fun.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    So this thread isn't about the two Doctors played by David Tennant, then?
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    Irony is particularly difficult to detect in a text only environment. A fair degree of contextual knowledge helps to see through any deliberate ambiguity to the true meaning and thus see the irony. There isn't always a straight line between what is said and what is intended to be conveyed.

It also helps if you're old and cynical and so more aware that people don't always mean what they say! ;):)

proper Spalling and capitalization helps too. :D
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's not to get? :confused: I don't understand. :confused: The OP said he had just seen the Fires of Pompeii. what's not to understand from that? :confused:

Well, I'm not here. Don't worry. Well, that is, in a sense I am here, but you are not there. Yes, well, it's a bit difficult to explain really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koquillion wrote: »
    Well, I'm not here. Don't worry. Well, that is, in a sense I am here, but you are not there. Yes, well, it's a bit difficult to explain really.

Stop mixing personal pronouns!