Options

Zoe Birkett doing panto

KayokKayok Posts: 102
Forum Member
I thought Zoe was off to work in America after BB, and that's the reason she did it, as a bucket list thing . She is playing Sleeping Beauty with Rob from Corrie according to her Twitter. Did it go wrong, or is panto that much of a good thing that she has turned it down?

Comments

• Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps she'd signed the contract to do panto before she got the go-ahead for a green card. I don't think she was necessarily going over to the USA to work in a specific job was she... you get a green card to go and live there don't you?

Panto's hard work but good money, can't turn down money!
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayok wrote: »
    I thought Zoe was off to work in America after BB, and that's the reason she did it, as a bucket list thing . She is playing Sleeping Beauty with Rob from Corrie according to her Twitter. Did it go wrong, or is panto that much of a good thing that she has turned it down?
    Has'nt she just done Panto at the Borehamwood theatre :D
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panto is actually pretty good money, loads of even bigger stars do it

Plus.. it's a stage show, which is her 'day to day' job anyway...
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll find "Rob from Corrie" is the bigger draw here :)
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Tescos annual family trip to the panto has been cancelled :p
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panto gets a bad press, but it's actually a really good gig to get cos it pays so well.
  • Options
    TomAceTomAce Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Zoe's sister a few months ago "She's not doing BB for exposure, she's heading straight to live in US after it ends".

Hmm!

P.S. "I'm normal, me! Grounded too, everybody says so! Smiles, babes! Family, Babes!"
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Zoe was off to work in America after BB, and that's the reason she did it, as a bucket list thing .

Oh no she isn't.
  • Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    the Tescos annual family trip to the panto has been cancelled :p

:D:D like it.
  • Options
    delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't knock it - fantastically well paid.
  • Options
    KayokKayok Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    not knocking panto at all, I will be watching Priscilla Presley and Warwick Davies !!! this year at mine, how cool is that.
    All I meant about Zoe Birkett was, as someone else noted, when she was up for eviction, her sister was on, talking to Emma, basically saying, Zoe doesn't need to win BB, she is a big star who will go to the US straightaway when she is out, she has only done BB because she loves the show and wanted to do it before she leaves.
    Nothing against Zoe, I thought she was lovely, just seems odd that she has not mentioned it since.
    She has probably had lots of work offers here and would be mad to turn them down, the US jobs may be postponed for now.
  • Options
    abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    Don't knock it - fantastically well paid.
    in the 100k bracket?
  • Options
    GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    Where's your singing career, Zoe? It's behind you. Sorry but I couldn't resist it. :D
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Where's your singing career, Zoe? It's behind you. Sorry but I couldn't resist it. :D

So is the person next to her in the dole queue when the work dries up.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't understand why people are so snobby about pantomime. Most actors love to do it. They get to appear in a family show nightly, sing a few songs, entertain some kids and have fun. It's pretty easy too so nobody is very 'stretched' by it.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie50 wrote: »
    Has'nt she just done Panto at the Borehamwood theatre :D

Oh no she hasn't :D

I'll get my coat...
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in the 100k bracket?

It can be, and for big names (e.g. Priscilla Presley and Warwick Davis as mentioned by another poster), it can be, and often is, more than that. Even if Zoe is at the lower end of the scale, she's probably on at least £50,000, which isn't bad for around 6 weeks work.

Another thing to bare in mind - panto rehearsals don't start until at least the middle of November, giving Zoe time to go to the US straight after BB and then come back for the start of rehearsals. So, she could well have been telling the truth. Also, Jan-April is 'Pilot Season' in the US, when all the new series Pilots are cast. So Zoe could be setting up home over there before the panto, then going back after the panto has ended.
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not knocking panto at all, I will be watching Priscilla Presley and Warwick Davies !!! this year at mine, how cool is that.
    All I meant about Zoe Birkett was, as someone else noted, when she was up for eviction, her sister was on, talking to Emma, basically saying, Zoe doesn't need to win BB, she is a big star who will go to the US straightaway when she is out, she has only done BB because she loves the show and wanted to do it before she leaves.
    Nothing against Zoe, I thought she was lovely, just seems odd that she has not mentioned it since.
    She has probably had lots of work offers here and would be mad to turn them down, the US jobs may be postponed for now.

Such a big star that I for one had never even heard of her until she came onto the show and what exactly is she planning on doing in the US. ?

Many BIG stars have never made it in America sho I very much doubt that Zoe will.
  • Options
    Rosie50Rosie50 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purple. wrote: »
    Oh no she hasn't :D

I'll get my coat...
    Oh yes she has,

I will get my coat and join you in a wrap party :D
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member