Options

Scottish Referendum TV Result Thread

Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Welcome to the Scottish Referendum TV Result Thread.

There will be 4 channels broadcasting the Result tonight from 10.30pm to 6am tomorrow mornig they are:

BBC One: Presented by Huw Edwards in Glasgow with Nick Robinson
ITV: Presented Alastair Stewart with Tom Bradbury
Sky News: Presented by Adam Boulton in Ingliston with Faisal Islam
BBC Scotland: Presented Glenn Campbell in Ingliston with Brian Taylor

Polls close at 10pm tonight

There are 32 counts across Scotland and the majority of the Results are expected by 2am and 5am with the final result expected by Breakfast tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I intend to sleep through it all. What will be, will be.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a non-Scot, I'm going to go with the main BBC One national show in order to get a neutral perspective on the night's happenings - but I may flick onto the BBC Scotland show from time to time.

The most intriguing thing for me about tonight's TV coverage is how on earth the broadcasters are going to fill the best part of four hours before the first result comes in - especially as they won't have an exit poll to discuss in that time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    I intend to sleep through it all. What will be, will be.

I think a few people will sleep through most of it. It's not a General Election
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    As a non-Scot, I'm going to go with the main BBC One national show in order to get a neutral perspective on the night's happenings - but I may flick onto the BBC Scotland show from time to time.

The most intriguing thing for me about tonight's TV coverage is how on earth the broadcasters are going to fill the best part of four hours before the first result comes in - especially as they won't have an exit poll to discuss in that time.

They'll probably harp on about the whole campaign whilst trying to sound neutral but still pushing the Unionist campaign
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll probably harp on about the whole campaign whilst trying to sound neutral but still pushing the Unionist campaign

Course they will :|
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been wakening early recently, so I may as well get up at the same time (5 AM) and watch the final couple hours. I will be sweating when the person who is announcing the result stands up to announce it :eek:
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The really great thing is the Scottish government thought it was a good ided to extend the licencing, to allow all night drinking. Can you imagine what the Yestapo will be like, if its a no result at 7am and they have been drinking all night?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC will have Andrew Neil taking in the reaction from Westminster. I really hope he does it in his usual 'comedy' style with a bottle of Blue Nun
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just channel hop between BBC and Sky usually when one gets boring or tedious.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The really great thing is the Scottish government thought it was a good ided to extend the licencing, to allow all night drinking. Can you imagine what the Yestapo will be like, if its a no result at 7am and they have been drinking all night?

I really hope nothing bad happens, but the yessers have been bad enough off the sauce pre-referendum ;-)
  • Options
    pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to make it an all nighter...I love a good referendum me :D

got a load of choccies in and some shortbread fingers to honour the Scots :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pope_tart wrote: »

Would be chowing down on Edinburgh Rock but I don't know where to get it in West Yorkshire
  • Options
    PattfrancePattfrance Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    I think a few people will sleep through most of it. It's not a General Election

To the Scots Nation it is more important than a general election
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pattfrance wrote: »
    To the Scots Nation it is more important than a general election

I was mainly talking about English people. I realize this is a MASSIVE thing to the Scottish people.
  • Options
    delegate zerodelegate zero Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel is Jim Murphy going to be on?

I want to see his patronising kid on accent disappear when it dawns on him that he has lost.
  • Options
    AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There will be some sore heads come friday morning :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel is Jim Murphy going to be on?

I want to see his patronising kid on accent disappear when it dawns on him that he has lost.

Wouldn't be surprised if him, Salmond, Brown and Cameron are going interviews across the board all night.

You hope Clegg, Cameron and Milliband are up in Scotland tonight for this
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    Shall be watching with one eye on the hilarious 'bias' claims that will no doubt surface whenever the NO campaign is mentioned or a YES policy is questioned/discussed.:D
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    There will be some sore heads come friday morning :D

Possibly quite literally depending on who wins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a list of expected declaration times. Taken off the Financial Times...

2am :- East Lothian, Inverclyde, Moray, North Lanarkshire, the Orkney Islands, Perth and Kinross and the Western Isles. Clackmannanshire

3am: - Aberdeenshire, Angus, Dumfries and Galloway, Dundee, East Ayrshire, East Renfrewshire, Falkirk, Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling and West Dunbartonshire

3.30am:- Argyll and Bute, East Dunbartonshire, Midlothian, the Shetland Islands, South Ayrshire, and West Lothian

4am:- Fife and Highland

4.30am:- North Ayrshire

5am:- Glasgow and Edinburgh with Scottish Borders

6am:- Aberdeen
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    Is Kay Burley going walkabout amongst the plebs again? IMO She is better suited to wetting her pants before the birth of a royal baby and talking to old women what they think the sex of the child will be Useless reporter at a live event
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Is Kay Burley going walkabout amongst the plebs again? IMO She is better suited to wetting her pants before the birth of a royal baby and talking to old women what they think the sex of the child will be Useless reporter at a live event

If you ever meet her, you should say that to her. I think you'd find out soon enough who'd be wetting their pants.
  • Options
    Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have they? I didn't know that and neither do I think have my local pubs since they are all closing as normal tonight.
  • Options
    Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pope_tart wrote: »

Me too!
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,595
    Forum Member
    David Tee wrote: »
    If you ever meet her, you should say that to her. I think you'd find out soon enough who'd be wetting their pants.

That a fact? You really are clueless sometimes