ps3 video playback fail

andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
Forum Member
got the latest ps3 firmware installed but I cant for the life of me get any videos I copy over on a flash drive to play, even tried avchd off sony camera it just shows folder via display all then says the folder is empty.

I have tried the video in mp4, mpg and just says invalid format. I've tried streaming but I get about 30 seconds streaming before it stutters. I can pause it for a minute then play it but after a couple mins stuttering again.

Comments

• ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to label the Folder PS3 then insert another folder inside it called VIDEO - saves your films in there and it will find them.

Also press the triangle button and display all when picking up your folder on the PS3.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to label the Folder PS3 then insert another folder inside it called VIDEO - saves your films in there and it will find them.

Also press the triangle button and display all when picking up your folder on the PS3.

:eek: Is that all you have to do?? I was almost ready to hit my PS3 the other day as it wouldn't see a video I put on a pen drive. I normally stream over my network but was having network issues so thought it would be easy to copy to a pen drive.

Now I know for future, thanks.
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member

will give it a try thanks for tip been a while since done all this brain is a little rusty