Options

EastEnders - The popularity is BACK!

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
It's on the top of the soap table!

It's currently the most viewed!

It's being talked over social media A LOT!

Ronnie
Lucy
#WhoKilledLucy
EastEnders
Denise
Phil Mitchell
Nick Cotton

Were ALL trending on twitter tonight!

The response has been on the whole fantastic!

And I have pretty much no complaints, other than the structure could have been a little better, and there were a few pointless/annoying characters!

Are we going back to the 'Everyone's talking about it days'?👀👀👀👌👌

EastEnders is back!

What's everyone think about this?:)

Comments

• Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Woohoo!

DTC must be extremely pleased. He's kicking the other EPs out of the park right now.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    That's great to hear, my mates on facebook were talking about EE as well, "Everyone's talking about" is true now. :D
  • Options
    ultron29ultron29 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news!
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Each of the 'big' moments over the last year have really contributed to EastEnders becoming a talked about programme again. I would never dream of tweeting about EastEnders in 2011-2013, but I can't seem to stop at the minute.
  • Options
    Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im glad it deserves more buzz there are some truly amazing actors in that soap and some great storylines - except Lucygate - that got old about 5 months ago.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone is definitely talking about it :D The EE team should be very proud we still have 6 weeks to go for the reveal and lots of other stories bubbling away and the golden ticket competition probably opens next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased for them yes! I've criticised some of DTC's work, but he really is pulling it out of the bag now!

He's given us an emotional, fantastic and dramatic Christmas Day episode, showing pure character development, and gave us an equally emotional, fantastic and dramatic New Year's Day episode, but it was probably a lot more gripping!:)

With big stories now bubbling away, EastEnders is now back, and will continue to be the best soap in the country, under Dominic Treadwell Collins, or anyone like him!

With stars like Lacey Turner and Jessie Wallace also getting big storylines soon, I don't see how the soap can do any wrong!👌👏

Well done EastEnders, give yourselves a pat on the back!:)
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back where it belongs!
  • Options
    KeibroKeibro Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody Is Talking About It Again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Back where it belongs!

Yes!:) I hope they get good ratings for tonight's amazing and gripping episode!
  • Options
    stellersstellers Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does help that EE is hitting top form at the same time as the others are in very poor form.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should bring back the tagline, EastEnders-everyone is talking about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Just in time for the 30th anniversary! Hopefully they can keep up the momentum!!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt_James wrote: »
    Just in time for the 30th anniversary! Hopefully they can keep up the momentum!!

Hopefully! But, there's a week coming up where the focus is Shabnam's money storyline, Denise and Fatboys one night stand is exposed, and a Stan/Sylvie/Cora love triangle! It doesn't really sound very dramatic and should be saved for after the 30th IMO!:p

But, hopefully they will keep up the momentum, as they really do deserve it!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    It does help that EE is hitting top form at the same time as the others are in very poor form.

Corrie is in poor form yes, but Emmerdale isn't generally in poor form, it's just shedding viewers by the day! Hollyoaks, I wouldn't really know tbh, but I don't really like comparing a show that struggles to get 1 million viewers, with soaps that attract more then 5 million on a regular basis!:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Hopefully! But, there's a week coming up where the focus is Shabnam's money storyline, Denise and Fatboys one night stand is exposed, and a Stan/Sylvie/Cora love triangle! It doesn't really sound very dramatic and should be saved for after the 30th IMO!:p

But, hopefully they will keep up the momentum, as they really do deserve it!:)

I agree, they need to keep the wider audience interested as well as the fans. I think it helps when the police are intelligent and formidable, I remember before the 25th anniversary when Marsden walked into the Vic to tell everyone that she'll be keeping a close eye on everyone, so hopefully Keeble will be used quite a bit!
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOOD! Now hopefully the downfall of Corrie's popularity begins so that Blackburn can leave :)

EastEnders has been brilliant for the past year now
  • Options
    Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Anyone would think lou did all the work...

He always moans about the show. Bandwagoner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt_James wrote: »
    I agree, they need to keep the wider audience interested as well as the fans. I think it helps when the police are intelligent and formidable, I remember before the 25th anniversary when Marsden walked into the Vic to tell everyone that she'll be keeping a close eye on everyone, so hopefully Keeble will be used quite a bit!

Yes, that's very true! Marsden is better than Keeble, and I would have loved her to do the Lucy Beale case! I do like Keeble though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone would think lou did all the work...

He always moans about the show. Bandwagoner.

Lol bore off, I moan and I praise, if you don't like that then it's your problem I'm afraid...

And LOL, anyone would think I did all the work, Why? Because I praised the show? Get a life!😴
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol bore off, I moan and I praise, if you don't like that then it's your problem I'm afraid...

And LOL, anyone would think I did all the work, Why? Because I praised the show? Get a life!😴

Considering your first to comment on every article (and yourwind up merchant posts on ratings thread all the time), no matter what time its posted, you have a cheek telling me to get a life lol
  • Options
    NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    How exciting! Tonight's episode thread has well over 100k views! :o When's the last time that happened? Looking forward to hearing how high the ratings will be tomorrow.

And wow, what an episode to start the year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very pleased for them yes! I've criticised some of DTC's work, but he really is pulling it out of the bag now!

He's given us an emotional, fantastic and dramatic Christmas Day episode, showing pure character development, and gave us an equally emotional, fantastic and dramatic New Year's Day episode, but it was probably a lot more gripping!:)

With big stories now bubbling away, EastEnders is now back, and will continue to be the best soap in the country, under Dominic Treadwell Collins, or anyone like him!

With stars like Lacey Turner and Jessie Wallace also getting big storylines soon, I don't see how the soap can do any wrong!👌👏

Well done EastEnders, give yourselves a pat on the back!:)

Some! Lo

You were nasty about the tosh actress to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some! Lo

You were nasty about the tosh actress to.

So were other people, are you obsessed with me or something?:/