My shredder won't shred!

It's always been a bit moody, but now is just sitting behind me and sulking. It works in reverse OK, but I think the sensor which detects the presence of paper seems to have died. I've emptied the bin, made sure it's not blocked and it's located correctly over the bin......any easy fixes, or is it completely dead?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,588
    Forum Member
    If it works in reverse, feed paper in from the bottom :D

Sounds silly but will work.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glamfan wrote: »
    It's always been a bit moody, but now is just sitting behind me and sulking. It works in reverse OK, but I think the sensor which detects the presence of paper seems to have died. I've emptied the bin, made sure it's not blocked and it's located correctly over the bin......any easy fixes, or is it completely dead?

If it's working in reverse and you're sure it's not blocked, it's probably dead. Mine often collapses in a heap because I overload it and it blows the fuse, but that wouldn't be the problem here. I'd just get a new one, they're not that expensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Why bother with a shredder, the MOD don't, just leave it lying around the office, park bench, train seat or pub and I'm sure it will be printed in the national papers.;)

If you don't fancy this then rip into 4 and chew:rolleyes:

have a nice day:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow thanks! You're both right, it does shred in reverse (awkward, but better than leaving bank statements in the bin) - at least that will see me through til I get a new one! :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jackybabes wrote: »
    Why bother with a shredder, the MOD don't, just leave it lying around the office, park bench, train seat or pub and I'm sure it will be printed in the national papers.;)

If you don't fancy this then rip into 4 and chew:rolleyes:

have a nice day:D

Yum! Helps the diet too! :D