Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (9)

Comments

• koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else use the Riot Shield?

I use it mainly on Dome, and act as crowd distraction.

Or I sit in a corner and people miss me thinking I'm part of the back ground. :)

I love the bouncing betty's, shame they don't trigger very quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I used the riot shield last night for a few games. I was getting fired at from all directions and getting semtex and grenades chucked at me lol a good laugh though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not good with it, I think I'm too slow to turn and cover myself, I've seen a few people using Overkill and having a Riot Shield on their back so they can't get shot in the back, seems like a good idea!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy was camping all game and his chosen spot at this moment in time was by the C flag, which they had so I guess it is his right to defend it - so he was there along with his buddy, I couldn't take them out head on so went to go round the back - took one guy out, couldn't manage the second guy - then I spawn in right where I was trying to take them out in the first place and guess what, I spawn and he is ADS'ing right at me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgoZMKCHFek
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    I'm not good with it, I think I'm too slow to turn and cover myself, I've seen a few people using Overkill and having a Riot Shield on their back so they can't get shot in the back, seems like a good idea!

I've just got over kill as a perk and have given it a go with my riot class.

I have 4 main classes.

Riot: For Dome or defending captured points.

Sniper: For sniping.

Run: For fast running on Domination.

Scavenger: For collecting ammo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just gave it a go on Dome and I ended up 5-15 before I thought this is hopeless then switched to my normal Dome class and ended up 25ish-20, which isn't bad going!

Any tips for using it? I kept finding that people were jumping around too quickly and getting behind or to the side of me to kill me, and someone shot a shotgun right through it! Is that normal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just gave it a go on Dome and I ended up 5-15 before I thought this is hopeless then switched to my normal Dome class and ended up 25ish-20, which isn't bad going!

Any tips for using it? I kept finding that people were jumping around too quickly and getting behind or to the side of me to kill me, and someone shot a shotgun right through it! Is that normal?

Yes your K/D ratio will be low. It's not easy to get a kill with the riot shield. It is more about being crowd control for your other team mates.

Sniper fire and close range shots will get you, so it is best to keep your distance.

Always try to keep a wall at your back.

Riot shields in MW3 are more vulnerable than the ones in MW2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a few games late last night and got smashed lol. someone from the other team brought in a m.o.a.b. I didn't even know what it was and thought the game was over. Top player from the other team finished with 77 kills and 12 deaths :eek: then about 4 games later brought in another m.o.a.b and finished the game with 60 kills and 16 deaths. I must have died around 30 times during those games lol

It seemed as if I died at every turn. Anyone else had a m.o.a.b brought in during a game ?. I looked on google to find out was it was and its earned by getting a 25 killstreak (excluding care package kills).
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a couple MOABS myself, but in infected. That doesn't count in my opinion. Its hard to get these long killsteaks without Strike Package kills. I've got to 23 countless times, which is just one away from MOAB, with hardline :mad:

But every MOAB I've seen in game, has been gained through bullsh!t, all via boosting when watched back in theatre mode.

And one that was very dubious, the person who got the MOAB was as laggy as hell, I'd see him, suddenly I'd be dead, and he'd be gone. :mad::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv'e never tried Infected. I play mostly "Ground War" now. I prefer that to ordinary TDM. Best game I ever had playing a COD game was in modern 2 on "Rust". some German had hacked it and we had 18 players in a FFA lol You couldn't move for getting killed so when I respawned I just stood there knifing people :D

Iv'e seen some BS hacks during modern 2 though. One was a continued care package drop where packages just kept falling, through buildings and killing people right left and centre lol and another was a walking ac130 :confused: where the dude was underneath the map killing everyone that moved. We all had red boxes around us throughout the entire game.

How longs it gonna be before mod 3 is hacked to bits if it hasn't been done already. I'm always dubious about people that have high kill counts and no deaths what so ever. I know there are those that are exceptional at the game but no deaths ? come on !. The most iv'e seen is 30 kills no deaths and that's suspect imo.

I remember one particular game (FFA) in Sea town where one guy had 9 kills within 30 secs of the game starting and I fired an entire mag into his back and he swung round and killed me. during the next game I spectated and watched this player and no one could put him down. He sponged everything. cheating ****.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iv'e never tried Infected. I play mostly "Ground War" now. I prefer that to ordinary TDM. Best game I ever had playing a COD game was in modern 2 on "Rust". some German had hacked it and we had 18 players in a FFA lol You couldn't move for getting killed so when I respawned I just stood there knifing people :D

Iv'e seen some BS hacks during modern 2 though. One was a continued care package drop where packages just kept falling, through buildings and killing people right left and centre lol and another was a walking ac130 :confused: where the dude was underneath the map killing everyone that moved. We all had red boxes around us throughout the entire game.

How longs it gonna be before mod 3 is hacked to bits if it hasn't been done already. I'm always dubious about people that have high kill counts and no deaths what so ever. I know there are those that are exceptional at the game but no deaths ? come on !. The most iv'e seen is 30 kills no deaths and that's suspect imo.

I remember one particular game (FFA) in Sea town where one guy had 9 kills within 30 secs of the game starting and I fired an entire mag into his back and he swung round and killed me. during the next game I spectated and watched this player and no one could put him down. He sponged everything. cheating ****.

BTW I'm looking for mod 3 gamer's to join my clan US-UK. You don't have to have a high K/D ratio. Just gotta have fun while running around trying to get kills. All welcome
  • TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their support for MW2 was non-existent, bugs, hacks and glitches went unfixed for months. They're doing a much better job on MW3. There were Reaper and AC-130 hacks, much like MW2, they were walking AC130 and Reapers. But they quickly got that fixed.

One of the problems with this game, well the community really, if someones doing really well in a match, you always suspect wrong doing. And to be fair, it usually is wrong doing.

I've gone 30-0 in FFA multiple times, and when I do, my message box in flooded with accusations.

But nothings gonna fix that! The game is filled with douches, ruins it for the rest of us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their support for MW2 was non-existent, bugs, hacks and glitches went unfixed for months. They're doing a much better job on MW3. There were Reaper and AC-130 hacks, much like MW2, they were walking AC130 and Reapers. But they quickly got that fixed.

One of the problems with this game, well the community really, if someones doing really well in a match, you always suspect wrong doing. And to be fair, it usually is wrong doing.

I've gone 30-0 in FFA multiple times, and when I do, my message box in flooded with accusations.

But nothings gonna fix that! The game is filled with douches, ruins it for the rest of us.

As I said, there are those such as yourself that are very good at the game and can end the game with a high number of kills and no deaths but unfortunately most are seen as suspect/dubious. BTW what's your GT as I could use you on my team lol. Winning although nice, doesn't really bother me. I'm more for having fun while gaming.

I personally don't see the point in cheating. It's not worth being caught and banned for and it spoils the game for everyone else, as you said.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    BTW I'm looking for mod 3 gamer's to join my clan US-UK. You don't have to have a high K/D ratio. Just gotta have fun while running around trying to get kills. All welcome

I could swear I saw that clan last night. I remember thinking what a clever idea. have people from both sides of the water in a clan so there's good possibility of someone being on at clan match times!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    I could swear I saw that clan last night. I remember thinking what a clever idea. have people from both sides of the water in a clan so there's good possibility of someone being on at clan match times!

There are other clans that have USUK and the like. the US-UK clan I registered only has me and that's it as I didn't know members had to be Elite Premium suscribers :( but Yeah that was my plan, to have members from both sides ;) clever old me lol but it hasn't worked out that way :(
    Forum Member
    There are other clans that have USUK and the like. the US-UK clan I registered only has me and that's it as I didn't know members had to be Elite Premium suscribers :( but Yeah that was my plan, to have members from both sides ;) clever old me lol but it hasn't worked out that way :(

can you not have non premium? I know a friend that is part of one and he isn't premium.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    can you not have non premium? I know a friend that is part of one and he isn't premium.

I'm not to sure to be honest m8. I sent out invites to some of my friends but they couldn't join for some reason.

Just checked and you don't have to be elite premium to join but DO have to be to level the clan up.
    Forum Member
    I'm not to sure to be honest m8. I sent out invites to some of my friends but they couldn't join for some reason.

Just checked and you don't have to be elite premium to join but DO have to be to level the clan up.

fairy enough.

can't do smiles on phone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably thought U-SUK :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They probably thought U-SUK :P

At the game I DO lol. I'm looking for runner gunner's but all welcome :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to wonder what is happening when someone calls in a helicopter within seconds of the game starting.

Did they really kill that many people so quickly?

Even with Hardline it would take 4 or more kills.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is possible - I did it yesterday, soon after someone rage-quit and messaged me calling me a 'gay mdr', I assume he means modder.

It was on Village, I capped the B flag, that's one point, threw a semtex to A - got a triple - that's four and a predator missile, let it splash for that double, got my attack heli and the game wasn't even 5 points in :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is possible - I did it yesterday, soon after someone rage-quit and messaged me calling me a 'gay mdr', I assume he means modder.

It was on Village, I capped the B flag, that's one point, threw a semtex to A - got a triple - that's four and a predator missile, let it splash for that double, got my attack heli and the game wasn't even 5 points in :D

Oh I forgot about multi kills.

Although it would come up if you got a triple kill or more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't people like to get killed by the XM25?

They always seem to take it personally. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    People don't like to get killed by anything these days, whether it be grenade launcher or pistol. Everything is a 'noob weapon'.