Thinking about getting the snip......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
Forum Member
I've got three great kids and the house is now full:) I suppose I just go and see my GP and get an appointment, but how long after that do I get my ermm... cut ? More importantly does it hurt? Advice (and hopefully positive stories) appreciated.

Comments

• oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience (well, my husband) it was all done in four weeks from first appointment to operation. I think it's more sore afterwards than pain at the time.
  • alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markybaby wrote: »
    I've got three great kids and the house is now full:) I suppose I just go and see my GP and get an appointment, but how long after that do I get my ermm... cut ? More importantly does it hurt? Advice (and hopefully positive stories) appreciated.

my hubby had the snip 10 years ago.It took 5 mins and was pain free.there was a small amount of discomfort when the anaesthetic wore off but our sex life has been brill after without the risk of pregnancy
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had it done several years back. In my health area, it was done under a General Anesthetic.

One side, got a wee infection so was a tad painful, but anti-biotics did the trick.

Biggest problem I had was that I was about 50 odd miles from nearest Hospital (on Scottish Country roads) and your "test" sample (post op) has to be there within the hour.

Also getting the "test" sample was a "blast from the past" :D

Binnman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Well there's something to look forward to :)
  • jellybabie68jellybabie68 Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wont tell you my OH story as its not quite so rosy! but my ex husband had it done, my BIL has had it done and my next door neighbour too and they all were fine, just a little sore when anaesethic wore off. Just go for it, no matter how painful its nothing compared to childbirth!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binnman wrote: »
    Had it done several years back. In my health area, it was done under a General Anesthetic.

One side, got a wee infection so was a tad painful, but anti-biotics did the trick.

Biggest problem I had was that I was about 50 odd miles from nearest Hospital (on Scottish Country roads) and your "test" sample (post op) has to be there within the hour.

Also getting the "test" sample was a "blast from the past" :D
    Binnman

Eh? :confused:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....no matter how painful its nothing compared to childbirth!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what I thought when I agreed to get done.

Mine hurt like hell, I have to say - but only during the 'cutting' a little discomfort for a few days afterwards - but no other issues.