Options

OMG Michael Ball

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was cooking our meal and the TV was on in kitchen. I glanced at it and saw this chubby man with dyed chestnut bouffant hair and a matching beard. Both looked totally stupid due to the ridiculous colour.

I kind of recognised his voice and then realised it was Michael Ball. :eek::eek:He was standing in for Paul O'Grady and for a minute I thought Brian Connelly was going to put his foot in it when he said "look at you all bearded up."

Comments

• Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thread title would be a good name for Michael's next tour!
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been covering Ken Bruce show on Radio 2 this year and his own sunday show.
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the beard at all but his hair and beard looked a pretty normal colour to me (no idea whether it's dyed or not). And his hair's always looked like that - I think he's got nice hair.

As for Gabrielle's haircut - now that DID look stupid! One eye completely covered and the other eye half covered, what was she thinking?

Anyway, good on Michael Ball. Apparently he turned up as a guest and ended up hosting it with only a couple of hours' notice due to Paul O'Grady's illness.
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Looked to me better than I have seen him on other occasions recently.
    OK, he has reached that age where the pounds seem to pile on easier and and are harder to shed but he appears to be happy enough.
    30 years in the business and still winning awards, good on him! :)
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    As he first appeared from back stage I genuinely thought it was Rory McGrath with a new haircut. But to be fair I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw him on Loose Women the other day and thought he looked better than he has done for a while. He seems to have lost a bit of weight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael has long had a bit of a struggle with his weight and as you get older it's harder to shift the pounds. If you've ever seen him as a guest on one of these cookery come chat shows he makes no secret of how much he likes his food both to eat and prepare. He's not a novice at presenting and given that he didn't have much notice and he only had the line up given to him, such as that irritating old woman ( can't remember her name ), I think he did quite well. I was more shocked by Brian Conley. He's always a bit overpowering but he seemed more manic than ever. Maybe he needs to adjust his medication.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    I don't like the beard at all .

now let's leave Cathy McGowan out of this!:D
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now let's leave Cathy McGowan out of this!:D

Thank you!!..that gave me my first giggle of the day!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Thank you!!..that gave me my first giggle of the day!! :D:D:D

Me too! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    I don't like the beard at all but his hair and beard looked a pretty normal colour to me (no idea whether it's dyed or not). And his hair's always looked like that - I think he's got nice hair.

As for Gabrielle's haircut - now that DID look stupid! One eye completely covered and the other eye half covered, what was she thinking?

Anyway, good on Michael Ball. Apparently he turned up as a guest and ended up hosting it with only a couple of hours' notice due to Paul O'Grady's illness.

Gabrielle who is blind in one eye...hence why she covers it?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabrielle who is blind in one eye...hence why she covers it?

If the reference is to Gabrielle the singer then yes, she has always either worn an eyepatch or styled her hair to cover one eye, as she has a drooping eyelid disorder called ptosis.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's 51 years old. It's probably a desperate attempt to still look young - with disastrous consequences.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    If the reference is to Gabrielle the singer then yes, she has always either worn an eyepatch or styled her hair to cover one eye, as she has a drooping eyelid disorder called ptosis.

Sorry, I was unaware of this. I apologise.
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael ball has his own show like 2 years ago at 3pm on itv didn't last long I think he's good at presenting.
    especially since he's a musical theatre star I also couldn't believe brian Connelly definitely high on something.
    I also like Stephen mulhurn today and emma willis is doing tomorrow's show then I reckon paul will be back.
  • Options
    cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    he's great on Radio 2 , very down to earth and funny, made me laugh when he said his ideal night in is to sit watching Downton abbey eating crisp butties in his pants (or something like that) what a picture it conjured up :D