have you ever gone off a TV show

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't watched waterloo road since last year

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Yes, after series 7 of 'Frasier'. They replaced most of the main scriptwriters and it instantly became desperately unfunny and tedious (two or three episodes excepted).
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    Yes, after series 7 of 'Frasier'. They replaced most of the main scriptwriters and it instantly became desperately unfunny and tedious (two or three episodes excepted).

Agree. It became farcical.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Simpsons.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I lost interest in the X-Files after the third series.
  • Zeppelyn56Zeppelyn56 Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Homeland after two series, all it needed to tell the story.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twin Peaks. After the first series.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours. The show I watched from the youngest age but last year I had to switch off with all the returns and recasts.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Zeppelyn56 wrote: »
    Homeland after two series, all it needed to tell the story.

Yes, "Homeland" was a let-down. "The Honourable Woman" is handling similar
    concepts so much better.

And someone has to say it... "Heroes". S2 was a bit of a letdown, but it was
    S3 that finally killed my interest in the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    There are many shows which are on tv which are be on their shelf life, Big Bang theory,ncis,criminal minds to name a few. In the uk dare I say it big brother on c5 and pointless on the bbc and holly oaks.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to get bored of Bargain Hunt.
    There's only so many bits of old tat you can watch before it becomes tedious.
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,737
    Forum Member
    "Strictly" and "Bake Off" one series of both was enough. "Doc Martin" - too repetitive.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Waterloo Road I went right off after the switch to Scotland. Deal Or No Deal, I used to like it when it first came out, but now I can't stand it. It's so over the top, it's a game of pure luck but Noël Edmonds goes on as though choosing the box takes some skill...argh!!!!
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NCIS. I stopped watching after DiNozzo fired pellets through a straw at his fellow workers and in another episode told his female boss he was worried because he hadn't had sex with his girl friend despite going out with her for a while. I didn't like other things as well.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not going out, after Tim Vine and Miranda Hart left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to get bored of Bargain Hunt.
    There's only so many bits of old tat you can watch before it becomes tedious.

You won't like Last of the Summer Wine then.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most tv progs, really.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off Deal Or No Deal when they extended it from 45 minutes to an hour. It feels very dragged out now and they have to fill the space with chat, silliness and gimmicks like Box 23.

Similarly I went off Pointless after they cut one round and one pair of contestants. They now spend more time chatting than asking questions.

And I thought the last series of Not Going Out was a bit rubbish without Tim.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Criminal Minds in about season 4.

X Files when Moulder left
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stopped watching Eastenders around 10 years ago just got bored with it , stopped watching bake off half way thru the second series there is something about Mary flipping berry that annoys me lol . Don't watch The Simpsons anymore either
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother - after that vile, disgusting bully just won on Friday, I will never watch it again.

EastEnders - stopped watching in January when the new producer announced there was about a million characters of the same family being introduced. The family have now taken up a quarter of the cast! Absolutely ridiculous. Also, I never use to understand those who moaned about it being "depressing" and "all they do is scream and shout" ... until now. Every time I come across the show now, all I see is very angry people, screaming, shouting and crying at each other. Does my head in - don't know what I ever saw in it.

The X Factor - one big massive fix. Watched on and off ever since the awful Jedward/Lucie result. Won't be watching at all this year now that aggressive, desperate tramp Cheryl is back with the smug Cowell. Who goes back to a company who publicly humiliated them? Who asks back someone who sued you? He's using her for ratings (although, I have no idea why anybody would want to watch her) and she's using him to promote herself because she's become a NOBODY without the show. Both as pathetic as each other.

Miranda - found the first two series hilarious. Watched both series a handful of times. By the time series three came around, I hated it. Not sure why I went off it...
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doc Martin , I find it unfunny and always have though I did try to like it.

Had vowed never to watch Big Brother again but this years result has restored my faith in the voting public, so I may give it another go.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Corrie for me, Cotton, Marsh and Ghadie slowly turned me against it
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead. I kept watching it hoping it would go back to the excellence (or even half of the excellence) of the first series but it just seems (apart from some brief respite via David Morrissey) to have got worse! I don't think I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt anymore - I'll just assume the next series will be even worse.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to love Have I Got News For You but rarely watch it nowadays because they eventually emptied the barrel of guest presenters (and guests), Merton's been phoning it in for years and Hislop just got a bit too bitter and ranty. It started to get less funny and more awkward.

I did actually like the first two series of Big Brother, but it was surprising how quickly Channel 4 ****ed it up. So if people are saying C5 ****ed it up then god knows how awful it is nowadays.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,247
    Forum Member
    I used to like The Inbetweeners but went off it after the first two series. They just keep repeating the same jokes and situations over and over again. It got boring fast.