22% 34 votes
Season 1
3% 5 votes

Comments

• TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh season 2 easily

Back when Spike had balls and the show was fun and dark. Not that it wasn't in later years, but they didn't balance it as good as seasons 1-4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I chose season 3, but to be honest it's a hard choice between 2 & 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpopular opinion I know but I loved Season 6.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth is season 5 doing so well?
  • mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member

Not my favourite at all.

Loved Season 4. Had my all time favourite episode in it "Hush"
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was a toss up between 3 and 5, but I opted for 3 because I loved Faith so much!
    Forum Member

I have no idea :p maybe because of the finale?
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea :p maybe because of the finale?

Yeah, but Dawn... One great finale does not make up for creating her.:o
  • Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Callum24 wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion I know but I loved Season 6.

Seconded. I also voted for S6.

The balance between the comedy and dark elements throughout the sixth season of Buffy is, IMO, .when this balance is at its best.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Season 5 was my ultimate favourite... I liked the fact that no matter how depressing things got, there was always something else for the characters to lose. Depressing as it was, it was the best story arc of the lot, and Glory was a brilliant big bad.

Season 6 was my second favourite... I just wish it had had a better middle...it seemed to drag a bit. The ending was amazing.
  • EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 was the only season without any filler episodes so it gets my vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one where her mum dies, can't remember which series it was?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Season 5 was my ultimate favourite... I liked the fact that no matter how depressing things got, there was always something else for the characters to lose. Depressing as it was, it was the best story arc of the lot, and Glory was a brilliant big bad.

Season 6 was my second favourite... I just wish it had had a better middle...it seemed to drag a bit. The ending was amazing.

Same order for me as well, while the earlier seasons were more upbeat and easy going, fighting a god character then later having to deal with a bunch geeks was just too good, ignoring the depressing parts that is, also there was buffybot. :D
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Closely followed by 2 and 5.

I like the last half of 6, the first half of 4, random episodes in 7 and about two episodes in season 1.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 3 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+3 :)
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 3: Faith, The Mayor, Principal Snyder all great characters, I also thought it was a great storyline......to lead to the series Angel, Plus a brilliant opening from the finale of Season 2.
  • Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,837
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    The one where her mum dies, can't remember which series it was?

Season 5 - my favourite as well.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but Dawn... One great finale does not make up for creating her.:o

hahaha true :D
  • playitagainplayitagain Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    another vote for 6 i thought i would be on my own considering the usual comments .
    S3 with the mayor that was great
    and having watched the box set for the 1st time last january S7 was much better than was broadcast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all seasons of Buffy.

But i voted for Season 4 because obviously the other seasons will be overall more popular on here i thought. Bar season 7 by the looks of things.

I loved that it wasnt about "the arc" but about character progression, Post-Sunnydale high and into adulthood and responsabilities. It focused a lot more on the independant episodes. Introduced Spike into the Scooby gang also and Anya!

And the independant episodes are phenomenal, and the most absurdly brilliant finale a show could ever have. Not to mention Hush...and my fave episode(s) ever This Years girl/Who Are You?

But i love all the seasons as i said before. Season 1 with The Master arc, a tight set of episodes and a powerful introduction.

Season 2 for such an intense arc, going into darker and riskier territory and having such massive character development, not to mention such an emotional rollercoaster ride that really set the show apart and launched it into something of a TV phenomenon.

Season 3 for continuing the character development into new territories, introducing Faith and The Mayor and returning characters. It had a final feel to it with High School ending and again a sublime story arc and some more fantastic independant episodes.

Season 4 for reasons previously stated.

Season 5 for really going into a new vibe again bringing darker, intense supernatural elements into it, focusing on responsabilities with Dawn introduced. And glory is such an insanely amazing villain, and one of the most phenomenally action packed and emotional finales ever!

Season 6, like Season 4 focused a lot more on independant storylines but had a flow with the arc. The characters were plunged into darker areas of adulthood, the show hit controversial heights again! An amazing finale trilogy and the musical extravaganza.

Season 7, what a fantastic final year for the show. The First, Ubervamps, Monks and famliar faces all back in the game...a fantastic way to send of the show in a true epic battle for the finale...and the intense arc made room for some brilliant independant episodes again too. A true payoff....despite a handful of annoying potential slayers and Anyas tragic "offing" at the end.

Damn i love this show!
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, what a hard choice! Probably seasons 2 or 5 (I voted for 5 in the end, but it was tough). 2 because Spike was a brilliant and funny villain and 5 because it was dramatic, moving and had the big ending, with Buffy actually dying and me wondering what they would do next!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I think it was between series 6 and 2 for me. I love Season 2 for nostalgic reasons, as I remember watching it as a young lad, thinking it was amazing, but rewatching them all at 21 made me see how good season 6 actually was.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 4 was, for me, when it become like a soap opera but the introduction of Gunn and The Initiative made it the best season imho. :cool: