Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Hungry Hippo!Hungry Hippo! Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting. Wonder if its a 3 personality thing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I don't really like the cover tbh, but I can't wait for the single premiere on Feb 3rd and the video premiere on the same day!! This album campaign is shaping up to be a killer!! I'm not sure about 'GMAYL' being the only single before the album's release date (in a 7-week gap, I'm sure a real 2nd single would be far-fetched), I'm not sure it fully represents the new album, but I'm excited anyway!! The new era is about to start! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    I don't really like the cover tbh, but I can't wait for the single premiere on Feb 3rd and the video premiere on the same day!! This album campaign is shaping up to be a killer!! I'm not sure about 'GMAYL' being the only single before the album's release date (in a 7-week gap, I'm sure a real 2nd single would be far-fetched), I'm not sure it fully represents the new album, but I'm excited anyway!! The new era is about to start! :D:D

you're right 7 weeks is too long so my guess is we will get a preview single 2 weeks before the album.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Just saw DS' article, cannot wait for Thursday!!!! :D
  • AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pumped!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cover is a bit meh its not great nor is it bad either
  • IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RUMOUR: IS THIS THE ALBUM COVER - LEAKED?!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOAH!!!!

Just got in and WOAH!!! news already!

New cover looks immense! Very punky attitude, and has that cheerleader vibe...i love it. The idea of three eprsonalities on the cover, seductive, angry, happy/at one! Love it.

March 26th for the MDNA release....18 songs! WOAH cannot wait, and also more producers/more absurd stuff! Sounds just epic.

Idol premiere this week too! Oh my days Madonna has the ball in her court and she is gonna slay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Illeism wrote: »
    RUMOUR: IS THIS THE ALBUM COVER - LEAKED?!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

LOL! you had me then you tease! X-D....love it tho!

And I do really like the vibe of the cover....cannot wait for the video!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do hope that they push out the UK airplay with give me all your luvin! This week i cannot wait and hope Radio One does an exclusive premiere type thing counting down that they have done a few times.

Will just be epic! And cannot wait to see New Madonna on TV! :cool:
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think radio 1 will be pretty friendly too her so im hoping in the coming weeks i will be all over the airwaves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i mean they playlisted Celebration....just didnt give it A-list airplay which was a shame.

But this should be immense, Annie Mac could spin some of the upcoming remixes too :cool:

But yeah should be epic cannot wait to hear it in full!

Interested to hear what the other Co-Producers on MDNA have come up with prior.

Also i cannot get over how excited i am at the Special Edition of MDNA having 18 songs! How epic is that!
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    L.U.V Madonna! Y.O.U you wanna??? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warner have announced (well it is being reported) that on March 5th all of Madonnas 11 Studio Albums will be mastered into a Collectors Album Box Set by the Warner company.

I was myself wondering if they would perhaps to cash in as they too have the rights to the albums....so with a new era it will be easier for fans/new listeners to afford to buy all her previous albums perhaps (presumably budget/card slip case form) before MDNA released three weeks after.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah i love re-reading that press release and looking at the single cover.

It just has those elements of Madonna I love....that hype and imagery!

Just love that she has evoked that debut album feel for the single cover, the three different personas, like a refreshing new start under a new label and to kick off a new era.

And the marketing is just a brilliant way to do it and hype it all! Cannot wait for more and more news!
  • IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the way she looks nothing like the single cover in reality. The photos look like they're from GHV2 or some shit.:(
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Illeism wrote: »
    I don't like the way she looks nothing like the single cover in reality. The photos look like they're from GHV2 or some shit.:(

I like the simplicity of it, she looks great as well and nice and natural. Still hate the song though:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPOILERS -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_137mFgbM0Q

snippet of the video for American Idol preview....looks so epic!!!

Cannot wait for this!

I still love the cover....doesnt look like ghv2 at all, still looks like her debut album style! Love it.

Ugh i cannot wait!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love that. Early 80's Madonna is my favourite, that era was great IMO and for her to acknowledge it is amazing.

Anyone else planning to go on the tour? Manchester is much much closer to me but I'm leaning towards Hyde Park at the moment, hope the tickets are out soon as I don't want to be at work when they go on sale and miss out on a decent spot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TH14 wrote: »
    I love that. Early 80's Madonna is my favourite, that era was great IMO and for her to acknowledge it is amazing.

Anyone else planning to go on the tour? Manchester is much much closer to me but I'm leaning towards Hyde Park at the moment, hope the tickets are out soon as I don't want to be at work when they go on sale and miss out on a decent spot

Thats epic, I love that she has harkened back to that punky/catholic kinda style! And reinvent it a bit for the video....looks like it will be fantastic stuff!

And of course I want to go and see the MDNA Tour when she is on it....but I am nowhere near the main cities s would have to fork out a lot. But i really want and need to see ehr live for this era! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just looking at the tiny preview of the video makes me think this is going to be HUGE in a big way.

So excited by all the hype that is building.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looking at the tiny preview of the video makes me think this is going to be HUGE in a big way.

So excited by all the hype that is building.

Yeah definitely, its like you are seeing the event itself.

She has her Jay Leno interview today, so that should continue her ratings boom trend, And Anderson Show the same day as the video and single clip launch/previews, so again that will be another boom! And her conference for the Super Bowl....now less than 6 days away! WOAH!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the length runtime of the final version of Luvin??? Or is it still up in the air till it is launched this Friday?

As the Demo was really short.
This discussion has been closed.