Options

Ive just bought an iPod Speaker system

dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
Forum Member
Hey guys, I just bought an iPod Speaker System/Dock for my iPod Touch. Im really impressed with it, especially the fact that the ipod can just stand nicely thanks to the dock and the sound quality is nice.

When I connect the ipod to listen to some music with the speakers, I place it on the dock. The dock as well as playing the music through the speakers, charges the ipod. Im sure this is a nice feature but it makes me a little bit concerned. If ive just charged my ipod to full using my PC and then want to use the speaker system, the ipod touch will charge more through the speaker dock and obviously I dont need it to keep charging all the time.

Is it normal for ipod speaker systems to charge the ipod automatically as well as play the music? and is it a risk to keep using it as the automatic charge may cause damage to the ipod touch battery?

I hope you can all understand what I mean :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    Perfectly normal .... loads of them do it.

Won't cause any problems either. They can sit on a charger while running quite happily these days ...
  • Options
    dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the reply :) That is good to know.
  • Options
    fraserafrasera Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    lithium ion batteries are finicky.
    charge them wrong and kaboom
    it is not left to the user or 3rd parties to charge control such devices. the controller is on the device itself. it knows when to stop.

as for ipod docks, the only good one was the klipsch ifi, sadly discontinued. most are built more for looks than sound quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    good stuff. no need to be worrid there is nothing to be bother,. everything is fine.