Options

DW - Series 6, Ep 7 A Good Man Goes To War - BBC One, 6:40pm - Discussion Thread

BobbyMaloneBobbyMalone Posts: 709
Forum Member
✭✭
So it's finally upon us. The mid-season finale and the battle.of Demons Run. Get your thoughts down here before the forum melts, the internet explodes or the universe collapses in on itself under the weight of the excitement and fevered speculation being unleashed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011rf7y

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/06/01/doctor-who-%E2%80%9Ca-good-man-goes-to-war%E2%80%9D-spoiler-free-preview/

Demons run,
When A good man goes to war,
Night will fall and drown the sun,
When a good man goes to war,
Friendship dies and true love lies,
Night will fall and the dark will rise,
When a good man goes to war

[news]- 10 Teasers for 'A Good Man Goes To War'
- Bonus Pictures: 'A Good Man Goes To War'
- 'Doctor Who' stars tease Episode 7[/news]

How do you rate 'A Good Man Goes To War'? 908 votes

Excellent
67% 614 votes
Good
19% 176 votes
Average
6% 63 votes
Bad
3% 31 votes
Awful
2% 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    BadWolfOneBadWolfOne Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Squee!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad I've avoided all spoilers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    GazOaks wrote: »
    I'm so glad I've avoided all spoilers.

even
    the pink handbag attachment dalek one?
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    even

Your SO cruel. I was going to start this thread but I wasnt sure I should.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rostaria wrote: »
    Your SO cruel. I was going to start this thread but I wasnt sure I should.:cool:

You love it really :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    even

Nope not clicking it...although by quoting it i did reveal what it said. Wont make that mistake again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GazOaks wrote: »
    Nope not clicking it...although by quoting it i did reveal what it said. Wont make that mistake again.

I was teasing, don't worry :D It's not RTD's era anymore!

Sorry mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was teasing, don't worry :D It's not RTD's era anymore!

Sorry mate.

I dont know the Moff could surprise us.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Well, I've been bold enough to voice my opinion on other threads recently, saying I'm not keen on this silly timey-wimey arc stuff! (I'm an avid DW fan who likes standalone stories). But this past week, I have tried to adapt - and re-watched the past few episodes on i-player.....and hey - I'm getting into this long-running tale!! Hope it's worth the wait for the mid-season finale tomorrow though - otherwise I'll be back to have a whinge! And it wont be untill AFTER the programme....I like to watch it properly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I've been bold enough to voice my opinion on other threads recently, saying I'm not keen on this silly timey-wimey arc stuff! (I'm an avid DW fan who likes standalone stories). But this past week, I have tried to adapt - and re-watched the past few episodes on i-player.....and hey - I'm getting into this long-running tale!! Hope it's worth the wait for the mid-season finale tomorrow though - otherwise I'll be back to have a whinge! And it wont be untill AFTER the programme....I like to watch it properly!

Yes I dont understand those that can watch this programme and comment on her at the same time. The mind boggles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no spoilers...only watched the the extra video bits yesterday. I'll be watching it online right after I watch the two parter with the family. silly BBC America, sticking 2 weeks between eps!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    While you're waiting for the new episode, rewatch DotM - fast forward to the part where they're in the Silence lair and Rory is trying to release Amy from the "chair". She maks a quip about his funny face and River tells Rory to get her into the Tardis quickly.

I just watched it - hadn't notice before but watch the exact part where Rory and Amy are staring into each others eyes, the music gets louder and more dramatic and the Doctor suddenly appears - sonics her restraints then goes away again. Watch the exact part where the Doctor arrives and leaves very carefully because...
    ...it's really funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While you're waiting for the new episode, rewatch DotM - fast forward to the part where they're in the Silence lair and Rory is trying to release Amy from the "chair". She maks a quip about his funny face and River tells Rory to get her into the Tardis quickly.

I just watched it - hadn't notice before but watch the exact part where Rory and Amy are staring into each others eyes, the music gets louder and more dramatic and the Doctor suddenly appears - sonics her restraints then goes away again. Watch the exact part where the Doctor arrives and leaves very carefully because...
    ...it's really funny

Either I have been watching this too many times but I actually mouthed along with the dialogue.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Demons run,
    When A good man goes to war,
    Night will fall and drown the sun,
    When a good man goes to war,
    Friendship dies and true love lies,
    Night will fall and the dark will rise,
    When a good man goes to war

squee!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    squee!:D

Some people have called this a depressing poem but I dont think so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I really can't wait for this one! Gutted this'll be the last episode for a bit - without football or Doctor Who now, Saturday is just another day.

Since I'm sure this thread is more active than the previous episode one - can someone explain to me how the Doctor knew that the Amy in the last episode wasn't actually her? Like I know Amy was controlling that body and everything, but how did the Doctor find out that it wasn't the real-body Amy?

I will greatly appreciate if someone could explain this - just in case I need to know for this episode.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't wait for this one! Gutted this'll be the last episode for a bit - without football or Doctor Who now, Saturday is just another day.

Since I'm sure this thread is more active than the previous episode one - can someone explain to me how the Doctor knew that the Amy in the last episode wasn't actually her? Like I know Amy was controlling that body and everything, but how did the Doctor find out that it wasn't the real-body Amy?

I will greatly appreciate if someone could explain this - just in case I need to know for this episode.

Thanks!

I think it had something to do with the pregnant/not pregnant scanner thingy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No-one knows because it hasn't been revealed yet.

When and how he knew is going to be linked to when and how she was replaced. We don't even know if that will be explained in the next episode or if that will be carried over to the second half of the series.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Oh good! I usually understand everything when it comes to the episodes - but I thought everyone understood why the Doctor knew.

Thanks anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be here to watch it live but as soon as I get home I'll be watching it, can't wait realy hope the reveal of River is well done and as clever as Alex Kingston made it out to be.
  • Options
    andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for this, I'm buying my new tv today for my bedroom so will be watching on a 22" rather than my old one, I might buy a surround sound system too if their cheap enough
  • Options
    steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the twist is
    Amy Pond being River Song's mother
    then I'd be happy with that, I genuinely wouldn't have guessed that being the twist if I hadn't seen it mentioned on here a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any chance that the Sonic the Doctor gave to the copy had been modified like the one he later gives to River - the one that stored her brain-waves and allowed her to be "saved" by CAL?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the twist is
    Amy Pond being River Song's mother
    then I'd be happy with that, I genuinely wouldn't have guessed that being the twist if I hadn't seen it mentioned on here a few weeks ago.

I agree. I wouldnt have seen it coming in a million years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot believe we are here already!

Cannot wait for this episode! Series 6 has been event TV from the get go! Tonight is gonna be a fanboys dream!!! EPIC,EPIC,EPIC!!!