BB10 - Your Final Thoughts

rellybellyrellybelly Posts: 115
Forum Member
I really enjoyed BB10; I found it to be a very unique series, in that while normally the action dies down after the halfway point, with this series it got better.

I think the choice of housemates was very, very good. I'd be tempted to say there was no real deadwood either, as everyone made a contribution, good or bad. I think we will all definitely remember Freddie, Marcus, Lisa, Sree, Noirin & Bea.

There has been an unpredictability about this series, with characters completely changing and support for them with that. I think this is reflected in the winner - while Kris was in the house, I doubt anyone thought Sophie had much of a chance!

I would say that the series, for me, was only ruined by five undeserving finalists. It's also the first time that the "goodies" have been defeated by the "baddies".

On reflection, I think this has been a more interesting series than BB9. I think in many ways Spitgate destroyed any potential development of BB9, as the rest of the series dealt with one team slowly picking of the other (the divide having come from this earlier incident). In BB10, there were not so much teams, but a lot of the time indivudla people acting for themselves. However I would say the people who reached the BB9 final all deserved to be there.

I actually feel that BB10 proved Big Brother could go on for years and years.. I know this will not happen, but I do think it is a shame this series wasn't so popular, because it was the best we'd had since before BB7.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been fine if we had a different Winner, like Marcus and a different presenter than Davina, in fact the biggest let down for me this year was " no 24 live stream and Davina"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone have a chat with her and tell her just how shite she is at her job, she´s painfull to watch.
  • claire_louiseclaire_louise Posts: 9,948
    Forum Member
    Why don't you tell her that if that's your opinion!! :p i happen to think davina does a fantastic job, I was at the final and she was fantastic :) but hey thats just my opinion.

I also think sophie's the best winner we've had for a few years , she wasnt vein to say she's a model, she was funny at times, everyone in the house liked her, imo out of the 5 finalists im glad sophie won!! :)
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seemed to me that this whole show was manipulated from the start to get a winner who would make money for the Channel 4 agents, after last years disaster it seemed they were determined.

Sophie acted the innocent but she had an agent, and some of the things she said about Kris souned as if a fake romance and the stories had been discussed with her agent, the fact that Kris went with someone else had more to do with them falling out than anything he did nor didn't say.

No live feed let them manipulate public opinion.

The whole thing looked like pre planned story lines, and fixed. That spoilt it for me, in the last month I watched only if there was nothing else to do, and I didn't watch the final week, or the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well my favourite housemate didn't do very well. :( Because she was not in Noirin's hideous 'story' she wasn't shown at all for a couple of weeks; by the time we did get a bit of Hira and realize that she was lovely, and could be funnier than anyone, it was fixed in the public mind that she 'never did anything'. A really disappointing example of death by edit.

I was pleased that all the housemates I really disliked went out when they were up, which is always a cheering feeling. But I ended up with a final week consisting almost entirely of people that I half-liked. David was the only one that I liked 100%; Rodrigo just lost his temper ONE too many times and I got a bit tired of it.

I started off thinking the lack of live feed would be a catastrophe, but confess that there were days when I was a bit relieved. There is something aggravating on the forum about the endless "If you'd watched live feed, you would see..." - which is always unarguable really, because who ever watched ALL of it? So anyone could claim anything, and back it up with a bit of live feed that the rest of us had missed.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Manipulation,crappy rule changes,horrendous tasks.It all became unbearable for me to watch it every day.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there was nearly no deadwood - Hira, despite the comedy singing - was clearly deadwood. Saffia would have been, too.

It was the strongest BB in a long time, in many ways the strongest. If BB had enforced the rules, not allowed them to discuss noms without dire consequences, and done something to hoik Lisa out midway (put em all up with a vote to evict), the show would be even better. But it had everything - revolutions, weird clothes, love triangles (squares?), lots of hate figures, some actual cogent HMs for a change (Marcus, Freddie, Siavash, Bea) rather than the usual thickos like Craig from BB1, Belo etc - and even a textbook *Early Years of BB* style winner - Charlie. Who failed to win as the world moves on and now we're cynical. Like almost everyone here, I abhor the lack of Live Feed, for all the usual reasons we've gone over a million times. Also the spin off shows are dead and should not be allowed to rise from the grave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was definately a more watchable show this year. On the plus side we had better characters, more potential storylines, more potential clashes and a more "realistic" house.

On the downside; the block voting could and should have been nipped in the bud. Lack of live feed speaks for itself. Producing of the show was at best lazy, with no effort made to reign in the housemates and their rulebreaking, especially the whole "talking about noms" fiasco. The fact that to save Freddie we lost some good potential housemates. And lastly, Sree should not have gone in, he's too unstable. But I can't blame them really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some very interesting HMs, some ignorant ones, and mostly pathetic tasks. All of it damaged by the usual twonky producers and their childish interference, and the coffin lid nailed shut by the partiality of Beaky McCall and Bah! Lamb.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Some great housemates - Freddie, Marcus, Siavash, Noirin, and I suppose Bea for being awful in so many ways. :D

Most of it was great. But some of the eviction choices were cr*p - Freddie vs Marcus, Marcus vs Siavash, and even though it was exciting, Noirin vs Marcus. These should not have happened when you had tedious bores like Lisa in the house who the public clearly wanted to get rid of back in week 2.

The newbies were put in to make things exciting, but all they did was f*ck everything up. The public were beginning to get on a roll with ousting Sree, then Kris, then Karly. The newbies stopped the momentum that would have ensured Lisa's demise.

A pity that one of the better series had to end with a disappointing last few weeks, a forgettable final and an underwhelming winner.
  • clazza 1clazza 1 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I think there was nearly no deadwood - Hira, despite the comedy singing - was clearly deadwood. Saffia would have been, too.

It was the strongest BB in a long time, in many ways the strongest. If BB had enforced the rules, not allowed them to discuss noms without dire consequences, and done something to hoik Lisa out midway (put em all up with a vote to evict), the show would be even better. But it had everything - revolutions, weird clothes, love triangles (squares?), lots of hate figures, some actual cogent HMs for a change (Marcus, Freddie, Siavash, Bea) rather than the usual thickos like Craig from BB1, Belo etc - and even a textbook *Early Years of BB* style winner - Charlie. Who failed to win as the world moves on and now we're cynical. Like almost everyone here, I abhor the lack of Live Feed, for all the usual reasons we've gone over a million times. Also the spin off shows are dead and should not be allowed to rise from the grave.

I agree totally and would only add that the Producers allowing exhousemates to divulge news etc plus the late comers not being in hiding and having watched the show was very tiresome. Bringing in Kenny and Issac was also a bad move, unfortunately neither added the comedy/interest that Nicole bought last year.
    However I agree that this was one of the most interesting set of housemates for some years, if only we had had LF !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,677
    Forum Member
    it was a total failure on every level.

entertainment. FAIL
    unpredictability. FAIL
    mix of housemates. FAIL
    audience enthusiasm.FAIL
    production values. FAIL
    audience figures. FAIL
    winner. FAIL

killing off big brother uk. SUCCESS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a compelling series,my 2nd favourite after bb7[although the best ever for me was celeb hijack,with the legendary,much loved fab four,jeremy,emilia,amy and victor];bb10 had some great heroes IMO[freddie,marcus,angel,siavash,rodrigo,benazair,tom],some infamous villains[lisa,bea,kris,karly,kenny,charlie,saffia,sree],and mistakes[isaac,not allowing fair and square noms of lisa and charlie in week 7 to stand,not having a vote to evict in week 9];lisa being let off the hook in weeks 7 and 9 were the 2 sad pivotal moments which ensured a damp squib of a final,tainting an otherwise excellent series;i also loved some of the tasks,especially the italian one,the house of horrors,the henry 8th,and the circus tasks,with others not so good;live feed would have gone down well with me too,lf was excellent and crucial in bb5-7,and celeb hijack,for example:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well my favourite housemate didn't do very well. :( Because she was not in Noirin's hideous 'story' she wasn't shown at all for a couple of weeks; by the time we did get a bit of Hira and realize that she was lovely, and could be funnier than anyone, it was fixed in the public mind that she 'never did anything'. A really disappointing example of death by edit.

I was pleased that all the housemates I really disliked went out when they were up, which is always a cheering feeling. But I ended up with a final week consisting almost entirely of people that I half-liked. David was the only one that I liked 100%; Rodrigo just lost his temper ONE too many times and I got a bit tired of it.

I started off thinking the lack of live feed would be a catastrophe, but confess that there were days when I was a bit relieved. There is something aggravating on the forum about the endless "If you'd watched live feed, you would see..." - which is always unarguable really, because who ever watched ALL of it? So anyone could claim anything, and back it up with a bit of live feed that the rest of us had missed.
    i hear you,i was also a big fan of hira,she would surely have graced the final had week9 been a vote to evict;loved her as alice in the big and small rooms[well done bb!],and her finest hour,finding the key inthat cake!i'm a big fan of lewis carroll,so i loved that task!charlie reaching the final rather than hira was a travesty for me,and hira is also a much nicer person than sophie,IMO:)
  • *Confidential**Confidential* Posts: 3,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great housemates - Freddie, Marcus, Siavash, Noirin, and I suppose Bea for being awful in so many ways. :D

Most of it was great. But some of the eviction choices were cr*p - Freddie vs Marcus, Marcus vs Siavash, and even though it was exciting, Noirin vs Marcus. These should not have happened when you had tedious bores like Lisa in the house who the public clearly wanted to get rid of back in week 2.

The newbies were put in to make things exciting, but all they did was f*ck everything up. The public were beginning to get on a roll with ousting Sree, then Kris, then Karly. The newbies stopped the momentum that would have ensured Lisa's demise.

A pity that one of the better series had to end with a disappointing last few weeks, a forgettable final and an underwhelming winner.

Sums it up for me at this end too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    rellybelly wrote: »
    I really enjoyed BB10; I found it to be a very unique series, in that while normally the action dies down after the halfway point, with this series it got better.

I think the choice of housemates was very, very good. I'd be tempted to say there was no real deadwood either, as everyone made a contribution, good or bad. I think we will all definitely remember Freddie, Marcus, Lisa, Sree, Noirin & Bea.

There has been an unpredictability about this series, with characters completely changing and support for them with that. I think this is reflected in the winner - while Kris was in the house, I doubt anyone thought Sophie had much of a chance!

I would say that the series, for me, was only ruined by five undeserving finalists. It's also the first time that the "goodies" have been defeated by the "baddies".

On reflection, I think this has been a more interesting series than BB9. I think in many ways Spitgate destroyed any potential development of BB9, as the rest of the series dealt with one team slowly picking of the other (the divide having come from this earlier incident). In BB10, there were not so much teams, but a lot of the time indivudla people acting for themselves. However I would say the people who reached the BB9 final all deserved to be there.

I actually feel that BB10 proved Big Brother could go on for years and years.. I know this will not happen, but I do think it is a shame this series wasn't so popular, because it was the best we'd had since before BB7.

Although BB9 would have been worse if Spitgate hadn't happened as Dennis would have stayed in the house and perhaps the B-Blockers would have been picked off and the boring Whisper Club would have got to the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member

So true. I would add, Dav was too Ego-mania this time, popping up every where. I say OK you can never replace Russell, so do what ya did last year on BBMB, put on a different comedian each week. Dav to appear may be once a month on BBLB.
  • TalTal Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent group of housemates (sorry - with the exception of Cairon - IMO he just seemed so out of place with that crowd - honestly don't know why). :confused:

Worthy mentions to Rodrigo, Sophie, Charlie, Marcus, Noirin & Freddie. I loved some of them and grew to hate others but they all added something magic to the mix. :)

To be honest there were a couple of good tasks but the main thing that hooked me was the interaction of the housemates. My favourite series out of all 10. :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Best cast since BB7. They were young, vibrant, dynamic, and most of them brought something to the table which is rare for BB - you'll usually have a bunch of housemates who have nothing to contribute, but Hira aside I think they all had something about them and even she had a couple of highlights.

It was also nice to see the inclusion of housemates like Freddie - as Judi James said it was probably the most intelligent cast to date.

The storylines were wide-ranging and varied and involved most of the housemates at one point or another. There was a danger of it becoming the Noirin show for a couple of weeks there so I think her eviction came at just about the right time. The 'newbies' were the best since...well ever. I think they gave the house a much needed shake-up, in particular Bea who will go down as one of the best villains the show has had in terms of entertainment value.

It was more consistent than BB7 which is why I'd rank it above that particular series, although it still went on too long and I think, after four series, it's been proved beyond all doubt that a 13 week series is probably three weeks too long for Big Brother. Not that I'm expecting a reduction in length for BB11.

On the whole the cast was a lot nicer than BB9's and I came out of the series not really disliking any of them as much as I did last year - they all had their flaws and some were more likeable than others but there wasn't that feeling of bitterness or unpleasantness that seemed to characterise BB6 and BB9.

In terms of production, the cast was pretty much as good as it could be. The live shows were good and it's nice that they tried out things like the live nominations which made for a nice change. And whilst I respect them for attempting to reinvent the format ultimately I think the eviction panel was a failure and I'd like to see them go back to the one-on-one style for the last series. The tasks were generally ranging from okay to poor - we didn't have a stand-out task like the box task or the electric shock task this year - apart from when both were revived for the anniversary week, and ironically provided some of the funniest moments of the series - although the London trip comes close purely for the amusement factor.

I was disappointed that we saw the return of nominations meddling this year, but it did have its benefits in relieving us of Kris who probably would have remained there for much longer otherwise. The twists were strangely lacking but it did actually work - I think big twists have a tendency to detract from the main focus of the show which is the housemates living and dealing with each other and that seemed to remain all the way through.

Overall it lacked the consistency and pure brilliance of BB5 and BB3, but it still was one of the best series of Big Brother we've ever had IMO. I did come into it with very low expectations - and arguably it did start off terribly with the unnecessary non-housemate twist - but that aside I think they outdid themselves this year, and a marked improvement on both BB8 and BB9. Well done.
  • Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a good series with some excellent HMs.

One big thing that let it down was the blatant block voting. This block voting massively affected the final few weeks and thus the final 5/6 HMs. We lost some good HMs simply because they were up against other good HMs. This pattern continued until we were left with a fairly crappy final night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    I thought it was a good series with some excellent HMs.

One big thing that let it down was the blatant block voting. This block voting massively affected the final few weeks and thus the final 5/6 HMs. We lost some good HMs simply because they were up against other good HMs. This pattern continued until we were left with a fairly crappy final night.

totally agree,freddie,marcus and possibly angel should blatantly have made the final,lisa the mafioso godmother strangled the life out of the show,she would've gone in week 7 had the noms been allowed to stand,and again in week 9 had it been a vote to evict,lisas block vote ruined an otherwise great series;bb10 IMO,would've definitely've been the best ever without lisa :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • JisubaJisuba Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed every single second ... I'm now watching all the tapes I made, so just watched week 1 all over again - heaven! It seems like a milliion years ago.

I didn't realise that Sophie started stealing drinks right from day 5 when she stole Sophia's drink when she first became a 'housemate'. I thought it was Saphia who stole it (sorry for all the sophs in one post).
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rellybelly wrote: »

i totally agree with you. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Being better than BB9 doesn't make it good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a very enjoyable series but it also made me very angry at times

There were several triggers that I felt should have made the producers intervene such as the blatantly unpleasant treatment of Freddie in those first few weeks, the block voting, Charlie’s spiteful behaviour towards Angel and her eviction outfit, and Marcus’ frankly creepy behaviour towards Noirin

If these incidents had happened in another series I think they would have been acted on, didn’t Bex get a warning about Mo’s belt?

There were also incidents were the producers meddled and it went wrong big time , Kenny was a rubbish HM and was brought in perhaps to save Karly who quite frankly had sealed her own fate earlier on and the viewers no longer were the slightest bit interested in her. Isaac as well was a wasted HM brought Noirin was up for eviction; her behaviour also sealed her fate and that of Isaac. I don’t think Kenny could have been redeemed but the timing of Isaacs entry meant that we lost him too early and I think he lost potentially a very interesting HM.

The block voting was awful and should have been dealt with a lot earlier on and we ended up with the final 6 containing Lisa who was out as soon as she was up. The public was bored with her and wanted her out very much sooner in the series. David who was not a HM to inspire a great deal of devotion and I suspect that his coming 3rd was a protest vote by some as an anyone but the others in the final.

I think it would have been a much more exciting and unpredictable final if some of the more interesting characters, Angel, Freddie and Marcus could have been in there.

Charlie and Rodrigo had lost most of their fan base by the final and I think most people (including them) were fed up of their on off romance in the house

Siavash had an unnecessarily harsh edit and treatment on the BB spin off shows, which left Sophie the landslide winner. I liked Sophie at times and am not unhappy that she won, but I think if the block voting could have been dealt with more effectively the final would have been better and we could have had a surprising and unpredictable winner.

I think that BB 10 was one of my favourite series but I also think it had the potential to be much better than it was.

I also think we lost a lot by not having live feed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shefair wrote: »
    . David who was not a HM to inspire a great deal of devotion and I suspect that his coming 3rd was a protest vote by some as an anyone but the others in the final.

David seemed very well liked on here, and why shouldn't he be? I only wish he had won. I wish people would stop trying to diminish his success by suggesting that somehow he fluked his way undeservingly to the final. The public could have voted him out three times if they had wanted to - they didn't. And there is no reason in the world to suggest that the votes he got in the final were somehow less real than the votes other people got.