Mr Selfridge Starts Sunday 9pm ITV1

Comments

• paul_hadleypaul_hadley Posts: 10,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this series. TV highlight of the week.
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whos got engaged in the trailer for next week?

and was that ellen in the red dress at the end?
  • fudbeerfudbeer Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great episode,disagree about Mr Selfridge,without his ideas/decisions there would not be a Selfridges.

He is floored as a person but as a retailer he is brilliant he always knows the right thing to do for the business.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rapunzel4 wrote: »

Maybe Mr Grove and Doris as 'myss' said on the previous page. It would seem really quick if that's the case even though he has clearly started to like her; but trying to think who else it could be. :confused: It would explain why we saw a shot of Miss Mardle (I don't even know her first name actually!) looking sick as anything though. :p Doris did say she wanted to get married and have a family and basically wasn't too bothered about her career in her interview with Grove the other week.
  • andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Jeremy Piven has done a great job producing this series.

Is it worth looking at Entourage?
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Mr Grove and Doris as 'myss' said on the previous page. It would seem really quick if that's the case even though he has clearly started to like her; but trying to think who else it could be. :confused: It would explain why we saw a shot of Miss Mardle (I don't even know her first name actually!) looking sick as anything though. :p Doris did say she wanted to get married and have a family and basically wasn't too bothered about her career in her interview with Grove the other week.

I think it has to be Doris and Mr. Grove. I think marriage proposals were a bit quicker in the 'good ol days' and I don't think Mr. Grove has children. Maybe the death of his wife and the kind nature of Doris has mean't that a family has come to the front of his mind ? Miss Mardle can't have children as she has gone past her child baring years.
  • bebecatbebecat Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Jeremy Piven has done a great job producing this series.

Is it worth looking at Entourage?

He is good in it but he is not the main star, so you have to get through a lot of rich young guy stuff to get to him for a little bit each episode. But he is pretty great in it.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Maybe the death of his wife and the kind nature of Doris has mean't that a family has come to the front of his mind ? Miss Mardle can't have children as she has gone past her child baring years.

She doesn't look that old - only looks about late 30s/early 40s to me. But it's probably that he is after the young girl that he can have quite a few kids with in the future and who it's less 'complicated' with. This will certainly make Miss Mardle sick as, like she said, she waited for him for ages whilst he was looking after the sick wife!
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fudbeer wrote: »
    Great episode,disagree about Mr Selfridge,without his ideas/decisions there would not be a Selfridges.

He is floored as a person but as a retailer he is brilliant he always knows the right thing to do for the business.

this made me smile for some reason...it's 'flawed' actually:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bebecat wrote: »
    He is good in it but he is not the main star, so you have to get through a lot of rich young guy stuff to get to him for a little bit each episode. But he is pretty great in it.

omg he is 'sex on legs' phwoarr:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rapunzel4 wrote: »

and was that ellen in the red dress at the end?

i thought it was ellen love, we'll find out next week!! I can't wait!:p
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So judging by what I have been reading for Sunday's final episode it look like Henri is going to dump Agnes and go back to his French Girlfriend.:mad:. What a jerk but a hot jerk.;)
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangledweb7 - if you could edit your post to hide the spoiler I expect people would appreciate it. Thanks.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suze wrote: »
    Tangledweb7 - if you could edit your post to hide the spoiler I expect people would appreciate it. Thanks.

It's mere speculation it just says that Henri upsets Agnes it may or may not be the case. Therefore I did not see the point of spoiler tagging it.
  • SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's mere speculation it just says that Henri upsets Agnes it may or may not be the case. Therefore I did not see the point of spoiler tagging it.

Phew - It wasn't really clear from your first post that it was just you speculating. Thanks for clearing it up -- happy to hear there is still hope for Agnes!! :)
  • andrewskatie143andrewskatie143 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Spoilers for the finale episode:
    -Mr Grove proposes to doris- she accepts. Miss mardle finds out about the engagement and speaks to mr grove. He says that he loves her and just because of the marriage, it doesn't mean 'their arrangement' has to end. Miss mardle ends the relationship. (god this show can't any more embarassing).
    - The 'celebrity of the week' is none other than King Edward VII (god:rolleyes:) who has a shopping spree at selfridges and invites Mr Selfridge, the selfridge family and Lady Mae to a play being done by Ellen.
    - The play humiliates them and exposes Rose's affair with the painter to the daughter.
    - Henri leaves Agnes for a new job and his girlfriend in New york (in real life the actor has left the show- shame as he was one of the rare good things about the show. Agnes and victor 'get together'.
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happens to Ellen Love?
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Spoilers for the finale episode:
    -Mr Grove proposes to doris- she accepts. Miss mardle finds out about the engagement and speaks to mr grove. He says that he loves her and just because of the marriage, it doesn't mean 'their arrangement' has to end. Miss mardle ends the relationship. (god this show can't any more embarassing).
    - The 'celebrity of the week' is none other than King Edward VII (god:rolleyes:) who has a shopping spree at selfridges and invites Mr Selfridge, the selfridge family and Lady Mae to a play being done by Ellen.
    - The play humiliates them and exposes Rose's affair with the painter to the daughter.
    - Henri leaves Agnes for a new job and his girlfriend in New york (in real life the actor has left the show- shame as he was one of the rare good things about the show. Agnes and victor 'get together'.

I didn't think the story line could become more ridiculous. How wrong I was!
  • maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a clip of the play, Mr Selfridge didn't look happy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a continuity error here.
    Pavolva visited Selfridges early on in the series, in reality Pavola visited the store in 1911 and had a window dedicated to her..
    According to this series King Edward visited the store quite some time after Pavlova but he died in May 1910!!
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never see Mr. Grove and Vincent Van Gogh in the same room.

http://www.schemegoblen.ro/img/Vincent-Van-Gogh.jpg
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a clip of the play, Mr Selfridge didn't look happy :D

But first, time for Lady Loxley to be savaged... :D
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrr. What a public humiliation, via the play :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Lady Lushington lol
    Has Henri gone for good just like that? I know it's shallow but he's gorgeous and will be missed!
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henry Selfridge?????!!!