BBC One Wales HD

2»

Comments

• Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Is Reporting Scotland on BBC One Scotland HD & BBC Newsline on BBC One Northern Ireland HD broadcast in HD?

This may indicate if BBC Wales Today will be in HD upon launch of BBC One Wales HD.

From reading other reports I believe the studio material from Reporting Scotland is HD, although all the contribution material (which makes up the majority of regional news) is upscaled SD.

And another comment that the only 'benefit' was you could see the bits of sticky tape stuck to the studio table..... :o
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Is Reporting Scotland on BBC One Scotland HD & BBC Newsline on BBC One Northern Ireland HD broadcast in HD?

This may indicate if BBC Wales Today will be in HD upon launch of BBC One Wales HD.

you've asked this question before and it was answered at the time.

Reporting Scotland is in HD, but not flagged as HD in the EPG due to the outside footage sometimes (usually) not being HD.
  • walmesdanwalmesdan Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just went to set my PVR to record programmes for the week....& I notice on the EPG for BBC One HD (101) from Jan 29th (as mentioned) it says at 6.30pm BBC Wales Today. Just wish we had ITV Wales.....instead of Central ITV on 103.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you ask Chris Choi whether ITV Wales HD in in the offing: http://www.itv.com/news/meet-the-team?

As mentioned elsewhere, in parts of Harrogate it is possible to view BBC One SD for Yorkshire, Yorkshie and Lincolnshire or North East and Cumbria but ITV HD'll be from Granada!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity,i tuned in the HD multiplex,from the local Relay and checked BBC One HD,AT 06.25.

Although the EPG was giving the BBC One Wales programme schedule,there was still the usual Red advice banner,being shown,rather than the BBC Wales News Bulletin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 13:30 bulletin http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qb6x0 will be on BBC One Wales HD, by the look of things.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    When BBC One Scotland HD started the relevant technical gubbins were only in place in time for the 1830 Reporting Scotland. You might have all in place for 1330 but don't bank on it!
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No changes detected here from Moel-y-Parc. I have a pc tv card keepiing an eye on the data from the Welsh HD mux - as soon as the Service Name changes or the PID numbers in the mux change I should get an alert - and I'll post here.
  • Ronald McDonaldRonald McDonald Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Just launched on Sky - 143 "BBC1 Wal HD"
  • pontypaulpontypaul Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    The 13:30 bulletin http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01qb6x0 will be on BBC One Wales HD, by the look of things.

Something to look forward to then. The gorgeous Kate Morgan in HD!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Service Name has just changed in the SDT (at approx 11:30).

"BBC One HD" has been replaced by "BBC 1 Wales HD"

No sign of a Welsh ident or continuity at the 11:45 program junction.

(edit: answered my question about what would happen at the next junction)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video feed was switched during the junction at 12:15 immediately before Bargain Hunt.

The ident jumped from BBC one to BBC one Wales and continuity cut from female English accent to a male Welsh one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diolch yn fawr / Thank you.
  • zandarzandar Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news that BBC 1 Wales is now in HD - though it looks like they don't have HD cameras in their studios.

Viewers in south Wales who can also get Mendip might like to know that BBC 1 HD (UK) is on channel 801 - well it was on my set. Presumably others in border areas will also have the choice of the two nations - providing they have an aerial targeted on the more distant English transmitter ideally linked to one pointing at a Welsh transmitter.

(Viewer's anywhere in Wales who get Freesat will find BBC 1 Wales HD on 108 with the BBC 1 HD (UK) now being found on 972).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zandar wrote: »
    BBC 1 HD (UK) is on channel 801 - well it was on my set

That is normal behaviour for when a tv/box finds multiple variants of the same channel - the 800s are reserved for the box to allocate (as it sees fit) when there are region overlaps. Some boxes will ask you which region you prefer - my HD T2 here in Greater Manchester offers me Wales, NW England or the Isle of Man after an automatic search - but most boxes choose by signal strength or by which mux was found first.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pontypaul wrote: »
    Something to look forward to then. The gorgeous Kate Morgan in HD!
    Hands off! I saw her first! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zandar wrote: »
    Great news that BBC 1 Wales is now in HD - though it looks like they don't have HD cameras in their studios.

Viewers in south Wales who can also get Mendip might like to know that BBC 1 HD (UK) is on channel 801 - well it was on my set. Presumably others in border areas will also have the choice of the two nations - providing they have an aerial targeted on the more distant English transmitter ideally linked to one pointing at a Welsh transmitter.

(Viewer's anywhere in Wales who get Freesat will find BBC 1 Wales HD on 108 with the BBC 1 HD (UK) now being found on 972).

Just a quickk question: is Audio Description working on both BBC One Freesat HD Channels?
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    Just a quickk question: is Audio Description working on both BBC One Freesat HD Channels?

I think Audio description is only on the main BBC One HD channel. That is the only reason it is still available to viewers in Wales, Scotland and NI. The National HD variants do not carry AD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you kindly. I suppose one-national/regional programmes are not Audio Described in any case so this does make some sense.