Harry Hill's TV Burp - Coming To UK Gold

mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,762
Forum Member
✭✭
It starts at 6 pm on Monday 28th October.

I wonder what might be removed due to copyright and other issues.

Looking forward to that.

Comments

• Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant !
    Do we know how far back it will be starting ?
    I can see my Sky planner getting full ! :D
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From series 3, episode 1 according to GOLD's website. Two episodes back to back per day.
  • doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think this could do wonders for my battle with depression! Last weekend I finally got round to watching a Best of TV Burp DVD which I was given for Christmas and I'd completely forgotten how much this show made me laugh/smile and how easy viewing it was and allowed you to just switch off for half an hour a week.

Still can't believe it was cancelled, one of those shows you thought would go on forever. I still think the format could be revived, with the right host and with a different name so that people weren't always comparing it to Harry Hill's version of the show.
  • bidleybipbidleybip Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    I genuinely think this could do wonders for my battle with depression! Last weekend I finally got round to watching a Best of TV Burp DVD which I was given for Christmas and I'd completely forgotten how much this show made me laugh/smile and how easy viewing it was and allowed you to just switch off for half an hour a week.

Still can't believe it was cancelled, one of those shows you thought would go on forever. I still think the format could be revived, with the right host and with a different name so that people weren't always comparing it to Harry Hill's version of the show.

It wasn't cancelled Harry decided that he didn't want to do it any more, ITV wanted him to carry on, it was a great show and hopefully Harry will return at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    It starts at 6 pm on Monday 28th October.

I wonder what might be removed due to copyright and other issues.

Looking forward to that.

Probably alot if they cant get the rights. Oh well thankfully I recorded them when they originally aired so got nothing to worry about.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. It was repeated a year or so ago on Cartoon Network which always seemed a strange home for it.

Will be good to see the older episodes again .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news. It was repeated a year or so ago on Cartoon Network which always seemed a strange home for it.

Will be good to see the older episodes again .

I think they would be better off starting from S1 because when it started 80 percent of the show was sketch based. Harry played quite a few characters including a very funny portrayal of David Dickinson.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they would be better off starting from S1 because when it started 80 percent of the show was sketch based. Harry played quite a few characters including a very funny portrayal of David Dickinson.

and the puppet Eastenders because the BBC wouldn't allow them clips until a light bulb in a BBC producer's head went "What are We DOING!! This show gives us free publicity on our biggest rivals allow them clips immediately"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I've sort of missed it, which is odd considering how tired it was getting.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The clip they show is regarding the then rarely seen Cilla Black. Whatever happened to her asks Harry. Cut to a red haired woman sitting behind Sam Dingle in the Emmerdale cafe,
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    bidleybip wrote: »
    It wasn't cancelled Harry decided that he didn't want to do it any more, ITV wanted him to carry on, it was a great show and hopefully Harry will return at some point.

The reason why I think he didn't want to do it any more, is because they kept making him do long runs - hence why it was probably getting tired.

He was doing 24 episodes per series. 8 in the autumn (October-November) and 8 in the spring (April-May alongside BGT) could have done well.

Maybe he could do a special TV Burp this Christmas, where he looks back on the year's TV?
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching! Can't wait to see it again.

When ITV aired the long runs of the show it really got tired because it because just the same jokes awkwardly placed around footage of Coronation Street. How many times did he need to have 'Hev' appear?

But the early days were golden! I'll never forget the "Woman posts invisible letter in Coronation Street"
  • JohnrJohnr Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of my favourite TV Burp clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyLdIXBBrAg

SALMON!!!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind them repeating his Channel 4 show as well

"Make haste, for the parade is in but half a minute!!"
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    I don't have UK Gold :cry:
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good day for me! First I find out that the Clangers will return in 2015, and now I find out that TV Burp is returning too! (I know it's just repeats, but still) :):):):):):):)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Johnr wrote: »
    This is one of my favourite TV Burp clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyLdIXBBrAg

SALMON!!!

'Start the machine.'

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this clip when I was searching for Harry Hill clips:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2B8G-Vm0o.
    :D:D:D
    Forum Member

I laughed my buttocks the first time I saw that.

Am I the only one who thinks Harry should return to ITV for a one off show?
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member

That's one of my faves. I'm ready :D

I like the Kilroy stuff :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I laughed my buttocks the first time I saw that.

Am I the only one who thinks Harry should return to ITV for a one off show?

And me. :D:p:D.
    You're right, Harry should return just to do a one-off New Year's special or something.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite was Kelly Osborne in the microwave going "I'm not a dog" and Harry just looks at the camera.
    Forum Member
    And me. :D:p:D.
    You're right, Harry should return just to do a one-off New Year's special or something.

Should we set up a petition? ;)
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to see the episode from 2003 when, he parodied Pop Idol with an old codger portraying Pete Waterman. It was hilarious when they did Crazy In Love and Pete Waterman did Jay Z's rap. I was doubled over in laughter.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it is probably very un-pc, but the Britney Spears on X Factor bit made me cry with laughter.