How expensive have three got?

Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Twice the price in the last two years, I know they're probably the best network IMO for coverage but wow.p
Do three use any third party retailers? Can't see them on CpW

Are they getting too expensive? 102 votes

Yes
44% 45 votes
No
50% 52 votes
Other
4% 5 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Not only price gone up but they also removed umlimited tethering..But yes also added few other things like free roaming and 0800 calls..
  • davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Despite making people wait all day and proclaiming that their iPhone 6/6+ tariffs would be #worththewait on twitter, they were anything but.

They've definitely lost their way when it comes to pricing. My £18 a month one plan sim only would cost £26 a month for the equivalent tariff now and would lose unlimited tethering
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kind of agree 41 a month for 2GB of data is pretty expensive.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad others agree with me I hope they can pull something special out the bag for me in retentions in January.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I'm glad others agree with me I hope they can pull something special out the bag for me in retentions in January.

Sadly I doubt they will.
  • Carl_BoysCarl_Boys Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I'm on the one plan sim only at £14 but there new prices are extortionate, considering they have no 2g fall back, if there investing loads in rolling 4g out which there not, I suppose they are the only network that offers unlimited 4g but it's hit abd miss when ya can get it. I'm in south london so isn't too bad but there roll out on 4g is so much slower than all the other networks it doesn't seem it's worth the premium,
  • WelshBluebirdWelshBluebird Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sim only deals are still very good value despite the price increase and limited tethering. But yeah, the handset prices, especially with the new iPhones are very high.
  • TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still the best deal for me. £26 for 500 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data. Also free from France via "feels like home". Which is where I'm posting this from.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sim only deals are still very good value despite the price increase and limited tethering. But yeah, the handset prices, especially with the new iPhones are very high.

This. The PAYG and sim only plans are the best value around. Personally I don't pay that much attention to 2 year contracts as I wouldn't want the same phone for two years.
  • TheRottweilerTheRottweiler Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I have a 3 contract but no 3G where i live, so i must be getting a 2G signal from somewhere as i can make and receive calls from home
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Twice the price in the last two years, I know they're probably the best network IMO for coverage but wow.p
    Do three use any third party retailers? Can't see them on CpW
    The title is far too vague! What are 3 supposed to beexpensive for? Calls, phones or what?
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    The title is far too vague! What are 3 supposed to beexpensive for? Calls, phones or what?

It's not vague the read the first post, not just the title
  • joelukenjoeluken Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    It's not vague the read the first post, not just the title

What's twice the price ?

Still not clear if you mean sim only contracts or phone contracts etc. and compared to what ?

"Twice the price in the last two years, I know they're probably the best network IMO for coverage but wow.p
    Do three use any third party retailers? Can't see them on CpW "
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on a SIM only contract with Three and my contract is very resonanly priced
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm paying less than I did a couple of years ago and getting more, so for me, the answer is definitely no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pay £15 a month for unlimited data. So no.
  • Chris1973Chris1973 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unlimited Data and Unlimited Tethering for £18 on a 30 day contract suits me fine. To get a decent amount of tetherable data on a similar rolling 30 day SIMO contract would cost me £30.99 a month from EE, and then I would only have 10GB / month split between the phone and tethering.

So yes, there are some very expensive networks out there, but for my requirements, it isn't Three.

4G isn't an important factor to me either. When your local rural ADSL spends most of its time under 1mb/s (as they do where I live), then you really start to appreciate even 3G DC-HSDPA speeds :D
  • Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree they're getting more and more expensive i'll be sticking with my 'The One Plan' sim although they're still not as expensive as EE.

You have to remember they're offering Unlimited 4G data (AYCE) with 4G.

NO other provider dare do that. I just hope that the increase goes into the network performance and upgrades to the cell sites rather than CEO bonuses.

According to the Three Media Centre's website they are up in profits for 2014 ;-

http://www.threemediacentre.co.uk/Press-Releases/Three-reports-continued-growth-in-profit-and-innovation-370.aspx
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    I've recently gone with 3 and loving it. Cheap prices and good coverage. Quids in on what I was paying with EE.
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I first moved to 3 I contacted o2 to see if they'd match the tarrifs. They couldn't come close!! I pay £40 a month for AYCE data, texts and calls. I think that's well worth the money. Losing the unlimited tethering was annoying but it's not the end of the world!
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite happy with my PAYG mainl bcause it offers the £15 AYCE data add on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    Quite happy with my PAYG mainl bcause it offers the £15 AYCE data add on.

Speaking of PAYG as it stands PAYG is actually cheaper than the Sim Only deals in comparison to the 'All in one 15' and £15 Sim only (Minutes/Data). Think Three UK will be introducing a new PAYG tariff maybe with free '0800' numbers before June 2015.
  • TheRottweilerTheRottweiler Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The sim only prices are changing on the 1st October, told me on a live chat
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of PAYG as it stands PAYG is actually cheaper than the Sim Only deals in comparison to the 'All in one 15' and £15 Sim only (Minutes/Data). Think Three UK will be introducing a new PAYG tariff maybe with free '0800' numbers before June 2015.

I hope that the PAYG AYCE data will remain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    I hope that the PAYG AYCE data will remain.

They won't change the tariff they've always introduced new tariffs with features to make the public 'switch' people are still old tariffs like ;-

Pay As You Go on Three
    3Pay
    Flat12
    WePay

If you've been on Three UK for the amount of time you'll remember these tariffs also that AYCE was first capped at 80GB.

They've not once changed these tariff's they've all stayed the same and users haven't been forced to change.