Identical Triplets on ITV1

Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone watching this?

It's surprisingly interesting. They hooked up the boys from the band "The Noise Next Door" (who are triplets obviously) and gave one of them some mild electric shocks. Meanwhile, the other two were in separate rooms and wore ear plugs and muffles. They were all hooked up to computers monitoring their emotional response.

When the electric shock boy received a shock, all three of them registered EXACTLY the same degree of response. Amazing!

Comments

• gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm recording it to watch later as I'm addicted to Mary Queen of Shops! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite a weird situation. It must be hard growing up as identical twins/triplets. Interesting documentary, particularly the photoshoot footage.
  • Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love identical twins and triplets... find them fascinating. How come they can feel the pain of their siblings when they're not even together? How does that work?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the programme, thought it was really interesting. Really weird how the other two boys felt the pain at the same time as the boy who felt it. Loved the practical joke at the end, and the way that one of the girls sussed straight away. Very funny!
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I completely forgot about this, i had someone round and forgot it was on. Does anyone know when it is on again. I would watch it on catch up but its so rubbish and never seems to work.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They actually didn't FEEL the pain but their brainwaves registered a fluctuation at the same time.

Very interesting programme for a change.
  • Marmite BabyMarmite Baby Posts: 3,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit disappointed in this programme as it didn't seem to add anything to all the other programmes that have been on about identical twins/triplets. I wish they had conducted the same tests on non-identical triplets as a comparison.