The Order 1886

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Cover shooters, tons of them around, Uncharted is a good example, yet someone was comparing it to God of War!!!!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Its gears of war. Run, hide behind something. Shoot.

And look at how unsuccessful that franchise is

Conroy wrote: »
    Eight Days (cancelled >:() came before Gears Of War, so did Kill.Switch.

Wasn't 8 Days just put on indefinite hold? Okay, yes, it's been 8/9 years since it was revealed but it could still see the light of day. Was an interesting one.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this will be a good game for me from what I'm reading
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cover shooters, tons of them around, Uncharted is a good example, yet someone was comparing it to God of War!!!!

Not in this thread... People have mentioned Gears of War...
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the 2.40:1 aspect ratio. You don't need full-on CinemaScope for something to be cinematic, and I really don't like the idea of playing a game letterboxed.

[Oh, and will people criticise it for being 800p? :p]
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »

They are clueless morons if they do.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I quite like the black bars, it won't take away my enjoyment of the game, thats for sure.
    Run, hide behind something. Shoot.

You could stick that on the box of about 75% of console games these days and it would be accurate:p
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't 8 Days just put on indefinite hold? Okay, yes, it's been 8/9 years since it was revealed but it could still see the light of day. Was an interesting one.
    Sony have said that it's on hold (in 2008) but one of the devs said that it was cancelled (in 2011). Who knows.

I wouldn't mind if development started again for this on PS4.
    I don't like the 2.40:1 aspect ratio. You don't need full-on CinemaScope for something to be cinematic, and I really don't like the idea of playing a game letterboxed.

It could be running in a similar fashion to Beyond: Two Souls. That renders natively at 1280x720 and black bars were then added top and bottom to change the perceived aspect ratio to something like 2.35:1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Not in this thread... People have mentioned Gears of War...

Well another site said GoW, so since GoW on the PSP was done by the same team.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »

I watched that last night, didn't think there was actually too much gameplay in there. What I saw left me disappointed to be honest, the premise is fantastic and the presentation is awesome. However it looked linear, the shooting mechanics didn't blow me away and I'm not a fan of watching fight scenes with the occasional QTE thrown in to make you feel involved.

Hopefully things will improve the more we see but based on this I'm in no rush to pre order.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gameplay footage of a forthcoming PS4 game is being released at 8pm tonight.

Evidence suggests it will be for The Order 1886.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The quality isn't great because it was taken from a Twitch stream, but visually this is going to be amazing. Hoping the gameplay matches up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBo1YWH1-8
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That just looks stunning even from a twitch stream.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graphically that looks amazing.

But it also looks like a generic TPS game at times, when they are dragging their friend to safety the enemies are filing out of the window onto that ledge one by one.

Still very interested in this though. Hopefully when we see more the actually gameplay will be more than average.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks very pretty.

Lets hope its not another "watchdogs" situation.

This is exclusive to PS4 is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What we've see so far in terms of gameplay does look pretty standard but you could say the same of a 3 minute clip of Gears of War, Resident Evil 4 or maybe even The Last Of Us. Hopefully there will be some nice big set pieces, a spot of puzzling, an intriguing storyline, inventive weapons and perhaps some stunning end of level bosses. Hopefully they haven't already shown us the best thus game has to offer. Could this be the PS4's answer to Ryse?
    jokerz wrote: »
    Looks very pretty.

This is exclusive to PS4 is it?

Yes, it is.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the short clip I wasn't impressed by the ai.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »

Makes it easier for my favourite type of shot - the headshot!
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What we've see so far in terms of gameplay does look pretty standard but you could say the same of a 3 minute clip of Gears of War, Resident Evil 4 or maybe even The Last Of Us. Hopefully there will be some nice big set pieces, a spot of puzzling, an intriguing storyline, inventive weapons and perhaps some stunning end of level bosses. Hopefully they haven't already shown us the best thus game has to offer. Could this be the PS4's answer to Ryse?

Story, characters, presentation ect can all elevate a game as is the case in the games you mention so I am not righting this off at all. But I always find it disappointing when enemies line up to take turns getting shot :blush: . Watching the stunning next gen visuals and then seeing that was a little disappointing. It would have been nice to see some next gen gameplay (Don't actually know what that is :D ).

This is looking like a promising must purchase for me. I like the world setting and the presentation looks great.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does look a bit like Gears of Wars with moustaches.

I don't mind linearity though. GoW was a linear game and I enjoyed that. Graphically very impressive too. Those fire effects are awesome. You have to have some linearity I think in order to achieve those graphics. Watch Dogs couldn't compete in that way because it's a huge open world game.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    It was most probably in the easiest difficulty. I haven't seen it yet but it wouldn't look good if the person doing a live stream is getting their arse handed to them.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks fantastic graphically, I love the setting and atmosphere, the gameplay is pretty standard but I love third person shooters so it's not a terrible thing. As mentioned, I could do without the enemies lining up to be shot, but i'm open minded on the gameplay till I see more. Also, did anyone else think whoever controlled the demo had terrible aim?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    It looks fantastic graphically, I love the setting and atmosphere, the gameplay is pretty standard but I love third person shooters so it's not a terrible thing. As mentioned, I could do without the enemies lining up to be shot, but i'm open minded on the gameplay till I see more. Also, did anyone else think whoever controlled the demo had terrible aim?

I did think they had terrible aim, till i saw a hint flash on screen saying blow up the distillery by shooting the flammable cannisters.