Options

The 100 - E4 - UK Pace - NO SPOILERS (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Decided to watch this in the end and so far it's enjoyable and interesting. I like what I see and will keep watching until it inevitably gets cancelled.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a thread in the Cult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy section. Correct place for it?
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a thread in the Cult, Sci-Fi & Fantasy section. Correct place for it?

Go there for it callum I just spotted it too - I did not think it be there! lol
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, all that annoying screaming and shouting (my number one pet hates) made me glad that kid got killed lol
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad episode - surprised that Ricky Whittle is in it from episode 5 to episode 13 (according to IMDB) but I'll stick to the end and give it a chance :) (Ricky Whittle has also made an appearance in NCIS too - look up his IMDB if interested)

I am into some Sci-Fi programmes (use to watch Star Trek:TNG and comedy MST3K) but I think this is different so what the hell
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought this was OK..........good enough to stick at it next week

wonder if it's going to go all Planet of the Apes on us.........:o
  • Options
    Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Ah, all that annoying screaming and shouting (my number one pet hates) made me glad that kid got killed lol

Me too. I'm terrible.:blush:
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH
    DEAR

where
    a TWO FACED DEAR
    :D

and that's where my enjoyment ended i'm afraid!

not catastrophically bad like the tomorrow people, but BADLY WRITTEN in so many ways and the characters are BLAND, and literally so quick you are indeed missing half the stuff .....
    apparently finding a giant swing is easy

really should have been a two parter just to let everything breathe!!!

and if they think this will do well up against TRUE BLOOD in the same time slot, they have another thing coming!

and since i'm getting that "in other ways" i'm going to bite down on a gag and continue with this, to see if it improves ..... otherwise you're all going for a swim!!!
    :D
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a reason for the abundance of spoilers in the thread?? It seems pretty self explanatory in the title of the thread as it's clearly typed in bold capital letters incl. exclamation marks.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Decided to watch this in the end and so far it's enjoyable and interesting. I like what I see and will keep watching until it inevitably gets cancelled.
    Well everything gets cancelled eventually. This has at least one more season.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Was surprised too see Janae from Neighbours, Burke from Grey's Anatomy and Rae from Sunset Beach!
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90210 meets Lost

there's even a Lost alumnus - Henry Cusick

Janae/Clarke is so annoying = another Lisa Simpson

so will next week be The 99? :D
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    I was thinking 90210 aswell, I still miss that :(
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Not that impressed by ep 1, clarke is annoy, girls too pretty, seems a bit childish so far but will give it another week or two
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch any of the shows mentioned so didn't recognise any of the teens.......but one of the military people on the station was from Battlestar Galactica

he was one of the people on the command deck who pressed buttons when Adama said 'turn left' or something..........but he was a main character
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Lt. Felix Gaeta/Alessandro Juliani

also ex-Smallville
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    Lt. Felix Gaeta/Alessandro Juliani

also ex-Smallville

haven't seen Smallville either.........but Felix is the man !

I didn't pay much attention tonight when they went back to the space station as I thought that would just be setting the scene for the first episode........but I'm now thinking that half the show is going to involve the goings on at the space station and half will be the teens on earth..........and I'm also beginning to suspect that the space station might be more interesting..........
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite it being a bit implausable, and a bit ' childish' - not sure that's the right word - I liked it. It reminded me of some of the old Sci-fi stuff I used to read years ago. So if I can will watch it again next week.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Is there a reason for the abundance of spoilers in the thread?? It seems pretty self explanatory in the title of the thread as it's clearly typed in bold capital letters incl. exclamation marks.

You get it sometimes. People whinge that "you don't have to look at them" but for me, it's just no more than a simple curtesy to follow the 'No Spoilers' request.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    First episode isn't overly impressive. Gets better. Somewhat.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind the first episode, yeah it was cheesy and unrealistic but then this is the future!!

The premise has been done before in other TV and film but I thougght there were a few original ideas along the way. Glad that kid got speared. I would have done it myself when he got all cocky and cheered like he did!!

Janae from Neighbours seemed a bit bland but I do like her so thats a start at least. At least we have the regular adults on the series to balance it out. I'm assuming some of these will end up on Earth at some point if they only have 4 months left.

I think it would have been better as a 2 part opening especially is the first few episodes are a bit rough. I would get them out the way quicker!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor. Very Poor.

I'll watch next weeks because I always think 1st eps are difficult but this was a very poor effort.

I'm fairly sure that I'm not the demographic this show is aimed at but even so.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed Julian Randall and Chen the freelancer from Continuum - being as thats a Vancouver based show too perhaps they were handy for filming?

I found it better than I thought it would be, but its likely to be a bit teen-angsty for my tastes.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Well I quite liked it, set up for a decent series

Yes its one of those that you don't need your brain for but that's what good TV is about sometimes

I wonder how the people who were saved were chosen, must have been a pretty gene pool lol
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I quite liked it, set up for a decent series

Yes its one of those that you don't need your brain for but that's what good TV is about sometimes

I wonder how the people who were saved were chosen, must have been a pretty gene pool lol

all the shrieks were probably blown out the airlock for being a waste of good food and air :p

Pretty people are so much more intelligent. Apparenty :D