Ofcom launching investigation

BusyVBusyV Posts: 3,283
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Big Brother 2012: Ofcom launches investigation into Conor's rant

July 9, 2012 13:11 by Josh Darvill

TV watchdog Ofcom has confirmed it has launched in investigation into Big Brother.

The telly regulator is investigating the show broadcast on June 25, which featured Conor’s ranting against fellow housemate Deana.

He had ranted: “Get your epilator and stick it up your a*se. We don’t give a f**k! Stick it up her f**king m*nge stupid b**tard.”

He continued: “I’m gonna play loads of pranks on her [Deana]. F**king piece of s**t, I don’t give a f**k if I’m pulled up to the diary room.”

Ashleigh asked him what he would do if Deana threw water all over him. Conor said that he would “punch” her.

Big Brother issued Conor with an official warning via the Diary Room, which was broadcast the same night.

Many viewers had complained however that Conor should be kicked out of the show.

“Housemates are closely monitored at all times in the Big Brother house and following Conor’s reaction to Deana failing the food-based task he was immediately called into the diary room, warned and reprimanded in accordance with the programme’s procedures,” a statement from Channel 5 said last month.

It continued: “He has fully acknowledged that this was unacceptable. We felt it was important to show that Conor’s behaviour was not condoned by Big Brother or any of the housemates, and that this kind of conduct will not be tolerated in the house.

“Having spoken to Conor, and bearing in mind our duty of care to the other housemates, we are satisfied that he should continue to participate in the programme.”

Ofcom are also investigating an episode of Big Brother’s Bit On The Side that aired on July 4.

However they are not investigating complaints made against Caroline’s use of the term “gorilla” to describe fellow housemate Adam.

They said that the comments, dealt with by a warning from Big Brother, did not raise issues warranting investigation

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/95565-big-brother-2012-ofcom-launches-investigation-into-conors-rant.html#ixzz208HRw3Pd

Comments

• ohboyohboy Posts: 2,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happened on bots on july 4th?
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened on BBOTS on July 4? I am old and my memory is not as good as it was :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old news
  • rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    What happened on this I don't remember

Ofcom are also investigating an episode of Big Brother’s Bit On The Side that aired on July 4.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where would BB be without an Ofcom investiagtion.

Channel 5 must be delighted that they have a proper Big Brother now.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why BOTS? :confused:
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    people who complain to OFCOM are sad........that is all
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. I hope if anythng like this ever happens again they kick the offender straight out - as they should have done this time.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    July 4th... I think victor said the word retard.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really need to investigate what we HAVENT seen, what is C5 covering up, by all accounts Conor has had a number of warnings, add to that Deana said (after the infamous rant that we dont know she knows about) that she cant be herself when he is around, what i assume from that is she is intimidated by him, IMO BB should NOT have allowed this situation to continue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    July 4th... I think victor said the word retard.

• hulakulahulakula Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I remember when Emma had to apologise because Victor used the word 'retard' in an episode last week. Surely it can't be that :confused:
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do they watch a show that offends them and then complain.:confused:Its their way of controlling what happens.
    Control freak heaven=Offcom.
  • roth30roth30 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant remember for sure but is when Victor was on. I do remember after the break Emma said sorry if anything Victor said caused offence.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was that the one with Victor and Emma apologised for something he said?
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ohboy wrote: »

It was the one Victor was on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I disagree - OFCOM is there to ensure that standards on TV are kept. Otherwise we would get awful things shown on our TV - like Conor's unwarranted attack on Deana.
  • Janey JonesJaney Jones Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ohboy wrote: »

Wasn't that the one where Victor called the HMs "a bunch of r*tards"? :o
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hulakula wrote: »
    I remember when Emma had to apologise because Victor used the word 'retard' in an episode last week. Surely it can't be that :confused:

Obviously more people felt the need to complain.:rolleyes:
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Victor called them "functioning ret@rds"!!!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really need to investigate what we HAVENT seen, what is C5 covering up, by all accounts Conor has had a number of warnings, add to that Deana said (after the infamous rant that we dont know she knows about) that she cant be herself when he is around, what i assume from that is she is intimidated by him, IMO BB should NOT have allowed this situation to continue.

Don't forget that we never actually saw Conor's formal warning over what he said about Deana.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    jeanoj wrote: »
    I disagree - OFCOM is there to ensure that standards on TV are kept. Otherwise we would get awful things shown on our TV - like Conor's unwarranted attack on Deana.

Its a REALITY show, if you cant handle reality then dont watch it, there is far worse viewing on the television in the name of entertainment.
  • racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »

this ^ :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a REALITY show, if you cant handle reality then dont watch it, there is far worse viewing on the television in the name of entertainment.

Which is why we need OFCOM and why people complain.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooooooomg!!! Someone said something on tv!! REPORT!!! REPORT!!!!!! Where is my pencil?!!!