Iphone 3G Question.

sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
Forum Member
Hello;

Does anyone know if the Iphone 3G sends any data that is relevant to the iphone back to the Network - for example the IMEI?

Thanks

Comments

• dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any phone no matter what model will send its IMEI, purely for the fact as that is the number that determines wether a phone should be allowed network access or not.
  • sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    dontpannic wrote: »
    Any phone no matter what model will send its IMEI, purely for the fact as that is the number that determines wether a phone should be allowed network access or not.

Perfect - thank you.

I sent my Iphone for repair and it seems the O2 shop has lost it - they have offered to replace it - but I'm just wondering if they could find it - if its been used?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the IMEI is what the phone uses and what networks use to blacklist handsets. The network should be able to find out wether its been used :)
  • sabreuk1975sabreuk1975 Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    dontpannic wrote: »
    Yeah, the IMEI is what the phone uses and what networks use to blacklist handsets. The network should be able to find out wether its been used :)

Smashing - just because I wouldnt mind that original one back. But I guess it's now disappeared into thin air!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always the way! I had to take my 3GS in to the Apple Store due to a dock connector fault and they swapped it out with a brand new unit. Unfortunately since then my Free Wifi at McDonalds has stopped working as they think I'm using a different phone with the same SIM card. I'll get around to sorting that out shortly lol!