Options

Madeleine:The Last Hope ? BBC1 25/4/12

Comments

• Options
    SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gerry famously dissed the dogs spectacularly in an interview with a Portuguese reporter: "ask the dogs, Sandra" (google it).

Now, in today's Express, their Lawyer says:

“This was a significant moment at a critical time, yet there is very *little about it in the police files. There doesn’t appear to have been any forensic work at the spot in the car park identified by the dog. More work should have been done.”

So, do we listen to the dogs, or rubbish them?? You can't have it both ways!!

btw, there are photos of the area in the flat which seem to show blood splatter: lots of markers on the wall. Very chilling.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    In that case then, they must also have taken some of their children's clothes and toys with them :cool: ;)

Not necessarily. Their clothes could have come in contact after they were home from work.
  • Options
    AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That just shows to me how deeply flawed that part of the investigation was, because I don't think there's any other evidence to suggest that the McCanns were toting Madeleine's body around a couple of weeks after she disappeared. Also, I would imagine that far too many people would have been around them at that time and so it's hard to believe that anyone could take this theory seriously.

That's what I've always thought.

But - and it's a big BUT - playing devil's advocate on this, and after reading all this incredible stuff about those dogs, and if they're truly capable of doing what they can do, could they then have picked up on a transfer of this scent from something in the apartment to the car, even if it was weeks later.

But even if so, then that still wouldn't prove anything, as presumably this scent would be getting transferred anywhere and everywhere by anyone who's ever been near death. And that being so, then that would surely then also underpin Kate Mcann's explanation that it could have transferred to her from her place of work.

In my opinion, if some of the anti Mcann lobby wish to rely so heavily on the dog angle and how capable these animals are at picking up on the most diluted form of this scent, then they must surely also have to consider this as a counter point.
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'F**k off, do you think I'm here to enjoy myself?'
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUcVncYr6xc
    Nice language in front of the toddlers.

Excellent start to that ill fated holiday.

Sticks finger in mouth & rubs nipple.

I shall say no more, I am new, love this place & don't want to get banned.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    i haven't 'ridiculed' the dogs. i am raising questions about the claims made for them by some people.

you can't have it both ways - if the alert at haute de G to milk teeth was a 'sound' alert, then you cannot rule out such a source in the mccann case.

if you then argue that only mccann related items were alerted in PDL then that would rather undermine the above claim, since we can be fairly sure that children have lost milk teeth in PdL.

I'm not trying to have it anyway at all. Until we know what the dogs were alerting to, then what they did stands as alerts that are awaing contextualisation.

I just think that it is odd that Jane Tanner can see a man in the street and this is widely accepted as The Abductor Engaging In the Abduction - even though, let's not forget, there is no corroboration at all - even the people on the street at the same time that she actually walked by did not see her and yet the dogs just going about there work and alerting is subject to such, yes, ridicule.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FBI wrote: »
    It seems to suggest that there was a dead body in the apartment. There have never been any reports of anyone dying there - yet a toddler has vanished from there without a trace.

I don't believe Madeleine was abducted alive by a stranger.

She could have been killed by a stranger in the apartment. Imagine it - someone gets in and scoops up Madeleine. How does he keep her quiet if she stirs? A hand over her face? A pillow? Clutch her to his chest? She suffocates. He takes the little girl's body away.perhas not even realising that she's dead. That would account for the dog alerts. It's as possible as the idea that her parents klled her - and probably more likely.
  • Options
    SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This witness statement is interesting:
    The Witness Account: "I drive down this street every day to turn my car around at that end and every time that I passed the house and I looked at the car, the car always had an open boot door, day or night. I often passed at night and always verified it. It was a fact, I reported it and that was it".

This is the statement made by a lawyer, a very credible eyewitness, who lived in the same street as the McCann's, when they moved to their villa.

For those interested, there are many witness statements on the internet.

I DO however worry that the Portuguese police didn't follow up all leads. I know somebody who was there at the time with his children. He has never been questioned or asked for his photos of the holiday.
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dogs work is the work of the British Police.

There are - or used to be, not sure if still there - videos of the dogs actually at work in Portugal.

Yes I found a very good one just done 5 months ago, and I tell you what I hadnt realised what Kate had said about the dogs either in her book I was shocked really shocked.

Anyway if anyone wants the link I have it.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    I'm not trying to have it anyway at all.

i didn't mean you personally, but generic 'you' / one

i just think its too complex and uncertain to be of much use at all, far less as a mainstay of the 'anti mccann' case (which it seems to be).
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    Yes I found a very good one just done 5 months ago, and I tell you what I hadnt realised what Kate had said about the dogs either in her book I was shocked really shocked.

Anyway if anyone wants the link I have it.

Why not just post the link? :confused:
  • Options
    FBIFBI Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    i didn't mean you personally, but generic 'you' / one

i just think its too complex and uncertain to be of much use at all, far less as a mainstay of the 'anti mccann' case (which it seems to be).

It's too significant to be discarded.

The dogs searched extensively throughout the area and alerted 9 times - always at things associated with the McCanns never once at anything non-McCann. And guess what that couple have a toddler who has vanished without a trace. Simply cannot be ignored.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    academia wrote: »
    She could have been killed by a stranger in the apartment. Imagine it - someone gets in and scoops up Madeleine. How does he keep her quiet if she stirs? A hand over her face? A pillow? Clutch her to his chest? She suffocates. He takes the little girl's body away.perhas not even realising that she's dead. That would account for the dog alerts. It's as possible as the idea that her parents klled her - and probably more likely.

So he just happened to hire the Megane too before them? and place her in the cupboard? and made sure that cuddlecat was well and truly scented? and also made sure that the parents clothes were also scented? he had a lot fo time to do all these things dont you think?
  • Options
    .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Abewest wrote: »
    Wasn't one of the major discrepancies in the case against the McAnns the fact that this rented car wasn't hired until weeks after Maddie disappeared?

I believe the dog handler's explanation was that they may have had something on the car that had cadaver scent on it, for example a blanket, that had then been removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    Why not just post the link? :confused:

I dont think DS likes us to do that. I dont want to any excuse to close the thread.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    The McCanns were closely followed by the media for weeks after the disappearance - it would have been impossible for them to be carrying a body around and disposing of it (not to mention the condition the body would be in).If that were the case - and there is absolutely no evidence to that effect - it would have had to be done before the alarm was raised.

Actually, they weren't. The media were given access to the McCanns to film certain things, but it certainly wasn't 24/7 filming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    I believe the dog handler's explanation was that they may have had something on the car that had cadaver scent on it, for example a blanket, that had then been removed.

The famous pink blanket.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/madeleine/1515187/First-pictures-of-Madeleines-bed.html

If you look at the photo of the bed at the crime scene, you can clearly see Cuddle cat and her PINK BLANKET.

This blanket mysteriously went missing.......
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think DS likes us to do that. I dont want to any excuse to close the thread.

Indeed, what would the tin-foil hatted conspiracy nuts do ?

We can't have them wandering the streets. :)
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »

Yet Gerry and Kate McCann immediately rubbished the evidence of the dogs, rather than trying to explain or theorise how the evidence that the dogs alerted to came to be there, which would surely be the natural thing to do.
  • Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had totally forgotten about the pink blanket.

I cannot see at all how there is any explanation for that.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all you folks who place so much credence on the dogs going woof woof - why why why is there no sustantive forensic evidence in each of the locations? This is the question - the only one that matters? It will be the one the police will have spent their time on - answers on a postcard please!

Or or shall I say should have spent time on rather than briefing media on factually incorrect forensic conclusions. It was this briefing that set the british media in such direct conflict with Portuguese police. They made that blatently clear at Leveson enquiry a few weeks ago - furious at being made scapegoats for only repeating what they were being fed. Annoyed that Leics Police had not 'off the record' briefed them on the correct facts.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the bottom line is nobody actually knows what happened as there is a dsitinct lack of facts in this case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    For all you folks who place so much credence on the dogs going woof woof - why why why is there no sustantive forensic evidence in each of the locations? This is the question - the only one that matters? It will be the one the police will have spent their time on - answers on a postcard please!

The dog's sniffing ability is beyond anything our science can reproduce. They can smell where a human cadaver has been even when all other methods of detection fail. This is why it's remarkable that during a wide search of the area going through many properties and locations the dog alerted 9 times - all 9 of which were at things/places associated with the McCanns never at anything else.

The dog handler concerned has recently been assisting the FBI in the USA.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The famous pink blanket.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/madeleine/1515187/First-pictures-of-Madeleines-bed.html

If you look at the photo of the bed at the crime scene, you can clearly see Cuddle cat and her PINK BLANKET.

This blanket mysteriously went missing.......

So the pink blanket went missing, the blue bag Gerry owned(allegedly) went missing, cuddle cat got moved and then washed of any fragrance left of Maddy, also she didnt own a toothbrush so Dna could be given?:confused:and a fridge was replaced for some reason? very strange case this has been from day one........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    So the pink blanket went missing, the blue bag Gerry owned(allegedly) went missing, cuddle cat got moved and then washed of any fragrance left of Maddy, also she didnt own a toothbrush so Dna could be given?:confused:and a fridge was replaced for some reason? very strange case this has been from day one........

The fridge is an internet myth I believe
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FBI wrote: »
    The fridge is an internet myth I believe

Is it? there are so many holes in the case things just do not add up yet no Media or Press will ever ask these questions that is what i find most weird as though they are following rules from high up(ie someone powerful) who from, i would love to know.
This discussion has been closed.