The Good Wife Season 4 (US Pace)

Comments

• SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more of a Cary/Kalinda fan. Those two have nice chemistry. ;)

With regard to the whole Kalinda and her husband storyline, I expected more. It didn't do anything for me. It's sad really as I am a fan of Mark Warren's work. I wonder if there is more to that particular storyline that we haven't seen? Perhaps in later episodes?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very good episode last night.

Great to see Elsbeth Tascioni, I'd love her to join the firm but perhaps she is best when used sparingly. But it looks like we have some interaction with her and Eli to look forward too.

Loved all the language stuff with the Athletic board. Diane Lockhart was a cunning linguist.

Good to see Alicia take charge in sexual sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Elsbeth sooo much!! This episode was great! Not sure what is going on with Peter and Alicia. I don't want the back together I want her with Will. It is nice to see her on her own for a bit though not depending on a man and taking what she wants from Peter. Nice to have an episode with no Nick bankruptcy and not much election. A bit bored of those stories. Nice to see Maddie Hayward again - love Maura Tierney. I'm hoping the Nick story never comes up again. It's been 2 episodes without him and I hope we never have to find out what Kalinda did to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Butterflyy wrote: »
    I'm hoping the Nick story never comes up again. It's been 2 episodes without him and I hope we never have to find out what Kalinda did to him.

Yes I agree, it left a bad taste and just felt like poor writing.

I also agree about the bankruptcy.

I'm never keen on those types of story lines, they just seem like conflict for conflict's sake.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree, it left a bad taste and just felt like poor writing.

Not sure if it was bad writing or a limitation what they could do with the storyline on a network show. On HBO or Showtime it may have played out differently.

I loved this week's show. A little different to usual but the French panel was hilarious and Elsbeth is always good value. I don't think I've ever heard so much French on a US show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Not sure if it was bad writing or a limitation what they could do with the storyline on a network show. On HBO or Showtime it may have played out differently.

I wonder if they ended it so abruptly because they were getting bad feed back on the storyline or if they were going to do that anyway?

I was surprised they didn't have subtitles for the French.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised they didn't have subtitles for the French.

I think it wouldn't have been so funny with subtitles but yes it is unusual for a US show to feature a foreign language without subtitles.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsbeth Tascioni! What an absolute dream character, when they dish out awards Carrie Preston should go the top of the list.

Brilliantly played, looking forward to seeing more of her I hope?!

Another great episode as well, love TGW!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Elsbeth Tascioni spin-off series potential?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinn. wrote: »
    Elsbeth Tascioni spin-off series potential?

Or even better - a spin off with her and Michael J Fox's character!
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the previous episode ended with Michael J Fox's character saying he had bought the debt of the firm, I would have thought it would have been mentioned at the very least in this episode.

Or did I just dream that endng, I did watch that episode very late.

It just gets better and better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the previous episode ended with Michael J Fox's character saying he had bought the debt of the firm, I would have thought it would have been mentioned at the very least in this episode.

I think it was just the lull before the storm.
  • TiexenTiexen Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another great episode - glad to see some of the old timers actually have a use!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiexen wrote: »
    Another great episode - glad to see some of the old timers actually have a use!

It was good but Don't you think Alicia and Cary would have seen through the plot to split them up by offering it to just one of them.

I would also like to believe that Alicia would not have accepted it, but sadly I was wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was good but Don't you think Alicia and Cary would have seen through the plot to split them up by offering it to just one of them.

I would also like to believe that Alicia would not have accepted it, but sadly I was wrong.

They did say they would "pass it down the line" so Cary would have taken it I'm sure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've really liked the last couple of episodes. The season didn't get off to the best start but I think it's getting better now. Like that Cary has been given more to do. I love Elsbeth, but I thiink that's it for her this season :(
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I just watched Thursday's episode.

I loved it all - except everything to do with that appalling woman who was supposed to be a comedian. Just boring, the whole 'decency' thing. The woman was stupid. And as funny as piles. But the part of the programme to do with her was just horrendous!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG - its Grand Nagus Zek (Wallace Michael Shawn)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rex the toy dinosaur in Toy Story
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And now Odo (René Auberjonois)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recognised John Noble from the CCTV, before we saw him properly.

Great to see him in something after Fringe.

I was confused at the strange Australian accent though, so my wife Googled him and found that he actually is Australian - I never knew that! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I recognised John Noble from the CCTV, before we saw him properly.

Great to see him in something after Fringe.

I was confused at the strange Australian accent though, so my wife Googled him and found that he actually is Australian - I never knew that! :o

I didn't recognise him from the CCTV footage, it was a bit too grainy for me, but it was definitely good to see John Noble outside of Fringe.

It was a good episode and I liked the editing style with the flashbacks.

Shame his character was killed off, would have liked to see more of him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't recognise him from the CCTV footage, it was a bit too grainy for me, but it was definitely good to see John Noble outside of Fringe.

It was a good episode and I liked the editing style with the flashbacks.

Shame his character was killed off, would have liked to see more of him.

Yes, it would have been nice to see him have a multi-episode arc. It was certainly a different type of episode because of the flashbacks and there was no court room action.

One of the strengths of the show has always been its quality of guest stars.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    CBS has renewed The Good Wife for a 5th season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS has renewed The Good Wife for a 5th season!

Excellent news