Has Moffat jumped the shark?

14567810»

Comments

• johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    It's the bow-tie agenda that gets me. A tiny minority of people in this country are bow-tie wearers, but insidious BBC executives keep trying to corrupt our children into thinking they're cool by forcing it into Dr. Who.

Of course, I have no problem with bow-tie wearers, you understand. People can wear what they like behind closed doors. But I don't want to see bow-ties on my television, or to be preached at about them when I sit to watch Dr. Who. Will no-one think of the children...?

Oh, god yes. They just keep banging on about how great bow-tie wearers are. Okay, I get it. Some people wear bow ties. But do they have to mention it all the time? It's really in our faces.
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    In fact the thread's last ever message to mankind, just before the destruction of the Earth, was misinterpreted as a suprisingly sophisticated attempt to..
    ...jump 5 sharks, a blue whale, a great white shark and several million planckton. All at once. When it landed it did a triple sommersault, ending with a backward roll into a fridge......

...all while whistleing "The Star Spangled Banner", but in fact the message was this:

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, all this shark bashing is beginning to make me think there is an anti-shark jumping agenda going on here now.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I dunno, all this shark bashing is beginning to make me think there is an anti-shark jumping agenda going on here now.

You'd have thought a progressive show like Doctor Who wouldn't have sharkjumpophobes as fans, wouldn't you?

Makes you realise how brave the Fonz was to out himself as a shark jumper way back in the seventies. I bet Bernard Manning had a field day.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    You'd have thought a progressive show like Doctor Who wouldn't have sharkjumpophobes as fans, wouldn't you?

Makes you realise how brave the Fonz was to out himself as a shark jumper way back in the seventies. I bet Bernard Manning had a field day.

BIB - I vote for that to go in the next edition of the OED!

Talking of which the sharkjumpaphobe in question has gone awfully quiet...
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - I vote for that to go in the next edition of the OED!

Talking of which the sharkjumpaphobe in question has gone awfully quiet...

To whom are you referring? :rolleyes:
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    To whom are you referring? :rolleyes:

Apologies - the OP :)