What Is Going On??????

2»

Comments

• slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    She won't go because the judges will save her.

I thought that Stefan was far and away the best last night and his marks should have been higher than Bonnie's.
    'She won't go because the judges will save her'

is'nt that what everyone said about John?????

In truth Stefan shouldnt be there John should be instead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'She won't go because the judges will save her'

is'nt that what everyone said about John?????

In truth Stefan shouldnt be there John should be instead

I agree, even though I still quite like Stefan.

What I find perplexing is that, way back in the annals of history when the idea of a judges decider on the bottom two in a public vote was first put forward, the theory was that they would be there to correct mistakes and ensure that the best person to proceed would be saved.

I'm further annoyed that Stefan was saved the week before on the basis of potential rather than performance and yet, the following week, the skater with the most potential was removed. Had the judging criteria been consistently applied throughout I suspect there would not be such a great sense of injustice.

I think it's a shame that, in a show that should be primarily about skill and aptitude, whilst the bar may have been raised by the remaining competitors we never got a chance to see just how high it could be raised and the blame for that rests firmly with the very people who were there to ensure we got to see the very best the individuals involved were capable of.
  • podge1podge1 Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    She won't go because the judges will save her.

I thought that Stefan was far and away the best last night and his marks should have been higher than Bonnie's.

somewhere along the line slappers r us has interpreted this as proof that Stefan is there at Johns' expense. Can't follow the logic myself.
    Forum Member
    DivaLoca wrote:
    the blame for that rests firmly with the very people who were there to ensure we got to see the very best the individuals involved were capable of.

No the blame rests firmly with Johns supporters who were overconfident of their favourite going through. Consensus of opinion is that Stephans skate off was flawless, Johns' perhaps because of nerves, perhaps because he was surprised to find himself in that position, wasn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BONNIE MUST GO!! Feather boa as a prop or a chair, hmm which is the most difficult to skate with?! :confused:

Who made the decision as to which celeb would get which prop? Bonnie got the feather boa, oh what a surprise - I smell a rat! :mad:

The programme is called Dancing on Ice, not Being carried around on Ice or Being thrown about on Ice. :rolleyes:

When does Bonnie actually use her own two feet to dance on the ice? In the whole of their routine she probably doesn't do more than 20 steps her her own - and they're basic steps. :o

She hasn't progressed at all over the weeks and if it wasn't for her partner - who does all the lifting and spinning - her performance would have all the pizzazz of a limp lettuce!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched again and Bonnie skated unassisted loads on Saturday.
    She was great actually.
    I think she stumbled a bit last week because she was poorly with a cold.
    Forum Member
    NOZ wrote:
    BONNIE MUST GO!! Feather boa as a prop or a chair, hmm which is the most difficult to skate with?! :confused:

Who made the decision as to which celeb would get which prop? Bonnie got the feather boa, oh what a surprise - I smell a rat! :mad:

Even the most ardent Bonnie fan must surely confess she'd have had as much chance as a snowball in hell of dancing with a broom or a chair. the feather boa was made for her and surprise, surprise that's what she got!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason kept bleating on about Kelly only now being at the stage the others were weeks ago. Not true, her footwork has vastly improved. Especially having to push a chair around the rink.

Bonnie's steps this week were no different to what she was doing weeks ago - she hasn't progressed either. She spent most of her time in the air - with the very difficult feather boa :eek: :D

I think you're being very magnanimous saying she stumbled because she had a cold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    podge1 wrote:
    No the blame rests firmly with Johns supporters who were overconfident of their favourite going through. Consensus of opinion is that Stephans skate off was flawless, Johns' perhaps because of nerves, perhaps because he was surprised to find himself in that position, wasn't.

I'm not disputing that Stefan's performance in the skate off was better - what I'm questioning is the change in judging policy from one week to the next. Stefan was the commonly-acknowledged poorer performer in the skate off the previous week and yet was seen through on the basis of "potential". Had he been judged on the same criteria in both weeks he would not have survived the first week in order to be in the skate off in the second.

I personally feel that the improvement he has shown has justified his progression in the competition - it's just a shame that others haven't had the opportunity of the same benefit of the doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NOZ wrote:
    I think you're being very magnanimous saying she stumbled because she had a cold.

I don't think it helped. It obviously didn't make her fall but mistakes are made more often when we are under the weather.
    Forum Member
    DivaLoca wrote:
    what I'm questioning is the change in judging policy from one week to the next.

I agree consistency is needed. After Kellys' disaster at the end it was inevitable that she would go, but even if she'd skated like an olympian (skater not runner)! the judges would have saved Bonnie.

Unbiased opinions are also needed when marking the original programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    podge1 wrote:
    I agree consistency is needed. After Kellys' disaster at the end it was inevitable that she would go, but even if she'd skated like an olympian (skater not runner)! the judges would have saved Bonnie.

Unbiased opinions are also needed when marking the original programme.

I completely agree with you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I think that it's time to really test who is a good skater. Next week, the required elements should be that the routine must contain no more than 1 lift, at least two step sequences, a spin and a jump.

That will really test both their skating ability AND whether they can pull off a showman-like performance.
    Forum Member
    I think that it's time to really test who is a good skater. Next week, the required elements should be that the routine must contain no more than 1 lift, at least two step sequences, a spin and a jump.

That will really test both their skating ability AND whether they can pull off a showman-like performance.

Even Bonnies most ardent fans would be quaking at the thought of those requirements!
    Forum Member
    DivaLoca wrote:
    I'm not disputing that Stefan's performance in the skate off was better - what I'm questioning is the change in judging policy from one week to the next. Stefan was the commonly-acknowledged poorer performer in the skate off the previous week and yet was seen through on the basis of "potential". Had he been judged on the same criteria in both weeks he would not have survived the first week in order to be in the skate off in the second.

I personally feel that the improvement he has shown has justified his progression in the competition - it's just a shame that others haven't had the opportunity of the same benefit of the doubt.
    Exactly if the judges had gone by potential John would have been in that week but they decided to change their minds to the best skating and i thought it was John who skated best during the show and it was 6&two3s who skated best in the skate off

yet in the week sean went out i thought he skated the best, he wasnt much cop at lifts but he was a good skater and had the best potential for that part of the competition
    Forum Member

this should have been the case right through the programme

it would have weeded the wheat from the chaff straight away