Ipod problem?

Hi.
I was wondering if I should send my Ipod back. The problem I have is yesterday when trying to put tunes on to my ipod it said on itunes that it was complete but on my ipod it said do not disconnect so I waited 5 minutes before eject my ipod. Later on I tried adding some more tunes but itues would did not respond to the ipod and the screen on my ipod just had the menu on so I unplugged and switched it off after that thoughI could not get my ipod to switch on and I tried connecting to the mains and switching the hold on/off switch but that did not work. This morning it works after leaving over night although the battery was gone flat despite only been fully charged yesterday so I have charged it. and it works now.
What I would like to know does anybody know if this is likely to be a one off or could it be a problem whicht could happen often?
It is a gen 4 and I have had it just over a month.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    No this doesn't sound right at all. If you are sure that you ejected the iPod correctly from your PC there is something wrong here. Take it back to your supplier or your nearest Apple dealer and see what they suggest.
  • nig6nig6 Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before sending it back I would download the ipod software from apple's website and install the latest version - if you already have the latest version do a restore, this generally solves any problem you will encounter.
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks alot. I phoned apple to see if it could be a fault but they said I should try the restore function and that the problem is likely to be a one off and it is not worth sending back for repair. I still have 11 months on the warranty so I have done the restore and all seems fine at the moment.so I will see how it goes, hopefully I will not have any more problems.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, i doubt this'll happen again, usually when mine's playing up, press menu and the centre button for 6 seconds and the ipod'll reset :)

Dan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The following notes are based on 3G iPod. So, I'm not certain whether or not the methodology is the same for 4G! You can also switch to disc mode:

Reset as usual and before the Apple logo reappears press next and previous buttons simultaneously. Do this on the charger plugged into a wall outlet. Then reconnect the iPod to your computer, open iPod software updater and reset to factory settings. Run a disk utility to check for any errors (just in case).

My 3G iPod has had nothing but problems, which will only be resolved once Apple upgrades all iPods not just the mini and 4G models! :mad: